F*ck Danny's Restaurant

yall

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule # 1 - Customer is always right.

Rule # 2 - See Rule # 1

Face it.  Most(not all) people in customer service related positions just don't give a sh-- anymore.

663132[/snapback]

I agreed with most every post but this one. What the server and the manager did in restaurant 1 was wrong. 100% wrong. As for restaurant 2, that was classy and good business. Word of mouth is a very powerful form of marketing. However, lose the myth of the customer always being right. Understanding why that motto is a falsehood should be common sense. Work in some form of the customer service industry for a while. Then, one will understand better why the "credo" doesn't float. There are too many customers making a living pining for freebies as if they are the only ones on the planet earth who eat, drink and spend money.

Sometimes the service sucks because the clientele sucks.

Have any of you ever made fun of a fat person whie you were at work? Would you do it in plain sight of your target?

663064[/snapback]

All the time bro... Laugh at boaters all the time... Especially, the stupid ones that can't get their sh*t together.

On windy days it is a hoot...

The best part is that we are trained boat operators too... So we can back up our words.

:angry::doh::lol::angry:

She was pretending to hold a drink to her face and tilt her whole uppoer body back, whie not bending her neck, which was exactly what I had been doing.

663064[/snapback]

Could you have used a straw in stead? I'm trying to picture it, and maybe you didn't want to lessen your manhood, but was it an option? Sounds like what you had to do was pretty awkward.

i think you could have taken the time to talk to the waitresses in stead of getting  up and  making a wise remark and walking out . you are no better than the waitresses. you should have been a better person than the jackass you walked out as .

Let me make sure I understand this, she acted inappropriately and unprofessionaly toward a paying customer in her place of employment. I let her know that I saw her, and somehow this brings me down to her level?

:angry:

I don't know how many times I need to state that I didn't lose my temper.

For those of you who think I overreacted, fine, its your opinion. But replace my name with your mom's and see if you still think it's all that funny.

Could you have used a straw in stead?  I'm trying to picture it, and maybe you didn't want to lessen your manhood, but was it an option?  Sounds like what you had to do was pretty awkward.

663489[/snapback]

Beer doesn't go well with straws. That is really besides the point anyway. It shouldn't be about finding a way to look less akward. People just shouldn't act like a 6th grader when they see someone with a physical impairment.

Beer doesn't go well with straws. That is really besides the point anyway. It shouldn't be about finding a way to look less akward. People just shouldn't act like a 6th grader when they see someone with a physical impairment.

663493[/snapback]

People are going to be a-holes whether it is you, me or anyone else that is being made fun of. I would have a similar attitude as you, and I would make sure everyone I knew no longer visits this establishment. (which this thread is obviously created in lieu of) I wouldn't spend anymore time on it though. Yeah, that place sucks for allowing that to happen but you aren't going there anymore and maybe a few other people won't as well. I'm not sure how they are doing financially but their website is third rate and it looks like kind of a craphole. If they keep people like that employed there, they won't be doing themselves any favors. Going to mangement probably won't help because in places like that, everyone is banging everyone and they aren't going to let their free poon go by the way side because some ornery customer had his feeling hurt. :angry:

Going to mangement probably won't help because in places like that, everyone is banging everyone and they aren't going to let their free poon go by the way side

663501[/snapback]

Heh... truest thing I've heard all week. 8 years in bar/rest business taught me that. :angry:

I had a cervical disk fusion operation a few weeks ago which requires that I wear a hard cervical collar for a few weeks. About 2 weeks after I had the surgery, I was mobile enough to go out to dinner with my parents. We went to Danny's and asked for a table, and told the wait was about 20 minutes, so we elected to wait at the bar.

While I was having my first beer, I noticed a couple of waitresses chuckling as one was putting on a display that was clearly mocking the way I had to drink. She was pretending to hold a drink to her face and tilt her whole uppoer body back, whie not bending her neck, which was exactly what I had been doing. I was a little put off, but figured I could have misinterpreted what she was doing, and just hoped I didn't get her as a waitress in the fear I'd be tempted to leave her a bad tip undeservingly.

As I got my second drink, I spotted the same waitress again, this time with a new crowd at the waitress station, making the same motion and carrying on, but this time she went so far as to point directly at me (I suppose it could have been the Quick Draw screen behind me, but I have never seen a video keno machine with a bad neck and a drink). In otherwords, what she was doing was unmistakeable.

I got pretty pissed this time. I abruptly told my family that we were leaving (their backs had been to the waitress station) and on my way out I walked up to the waitress and said "What, do you think I'm blind too?" and judging from her sheepesh reaction she knew exactly to what I was refering.

On my way out, I decided that I'd go back in and explain to the manager or owner why his establishment was losing my business. He brushed me off saying none of his professional staff would do such a thing and I was clearly some kind of twit.

This made me begin to wonder if it had been an older person or someone with a real disabilty, would this lady still have acted the same? Was I overreacting or are this waitress and her cohorts just a bunch of insensitive jackasses? Have any of you ever made fun of a fat person whie you were at work? Would you do it in plain sight of your target?

663064[/snapback]

a) Find out who the "big guy" (owner, etc.) is at the restaurant.

b) Send this person a letter detailing your experiences at the restaurant.

c) Say something in the letter like: "after seeing your staff mock my temporary disability, it does make me wonder how your staff treats other people with other temporary and permanent disabilities".

d) Mail the letter, and send a copies to (1) Your doctor; (2) Your lawyer; (3) The restaurant reviewer for the local newspaper. Doctors and lawyers have access to many more legal agencies and support groups, and they can exert tremendous pressure and influence. Be sure to note the cc's at the bottom of the letter so that the restaurant people can see them.

Ever made those big nose jokes? Yes/ No? Tell us... :)

663710[/snapback]

Jesus speaks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[music]

JESUS CHRIST:

How blest are those who know that He's a god. How blest are the sorrowful. They shall find consolation. How blest are those of gentle spirit. They shall have the earth for their possession. How blest are those who hunger and thirst to see right prevail.

RANDOM:

[cough cough]

JESUS:

They shall be satisfied. How blest are those whose hearts are pure. They shall see God...

MANDY:

Speak up!

MAN:

Shh.

BRIAN:

Quiet, Mum.

JESUS:

How blest are those of gentle...

MANDY:

Well, I can't hear a thing.

JESUS:

...spirit. They shall have the earth for their possession.

MANDY:

Let's go t' the stoning.

JESUS:

How blest are those...

MR. BIG NOSE:

Shh.

JESUS:

...who hunger and thirst...

BRIAN:

You can go to a stoning any time.

JESUS:

...to see right...

MANDY:

Oh, come on, Brian.

JESUS:

...prevail.

MR. BIG NOSE:

Will you be quiet?!

JESUS:

How blest are they who have suffered much...

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Don't pick your nose.

MR. BIG NOSE:

I wasn't picking my nose. I was scratching.

MRS. BIG NOSE:

You was picking it, while you was talking to that lady.

MR. BIG NOSE:

I wasn't!

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Leave it alone. Give it a rest.

MR. CHEEKY:

Do you mind? I can't hear a word he's saying.

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Don't you 'do you mind' me. I was talking to my husband.

MR. CHEEKY:

Well, go and talk to him somewhere else. I can't hear a bloody thing.

MR. BIG NOSE:

Don't you swear at my wife.

MR. CHEEKY:

I was only asking her to shut up, so I can hear what he's saying, Big Nose.

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Don't you call my husband 'Big Nose'!

MR. CHEEKY:

Well, he has got a big nose.

GREGORY:

Could you be quiet, please?

JESUS:

They shall have the earth...

GREGORY:

What was that?

JESUS:

...for their possession. How blest are those...

MR. CHEEKY:

I don't know. I was too busy talking to Big Nose.

JESUS:

...who hunger and thirst to see...

MAN #1:

I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'

JESUS:

...right prevail.

MRS. GREGORY:

Ahh, what's so special about the cheesemakers?

GREGORY:

Well, obviously, this is not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

MR. CHEEKY:

See? If you hadn't been going on, we'd have heard that, Big Nose.

JESUS:

How blest are those who...

MR. BIG NOSE:

Hey. Say that once more; I'll smash your bloody face in.

MRS. GREGORY:

Ohh.

MR. CHEEKY:

Better keep listening. Might be a bit about 'Blessed are the big noses.'

BRIAN:

Oh, lay off him.

MR. CHEEKY:

Oh, you're not so bad yourself, Conkface. Where are you two from? Nose City?

MR. BIG NOSE:

One more time, mate; I'll take you to the !@#$in' cleaners!

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Language!

JESUS:

...hunger and thirst to see...

MRS. BIG NOSE:

And don't pick your nose.

JESUS:

...right prevail.

MR. BIG NOSE:

I wasn't going to pick my nose. I was going to thump him!

MAN #2:

You hear that? Blessed are the Greek.

GREGORY:

The Greek?

MAN #2:

Mmm. Well, apparently, he's going to inherit the earth.

GREGORY:

Did anyone catch his name?

MRS. BIG NOSE:

You're not going to thump anybody.

MR. BIG NOSE:

I'll thump him if he calls me 'Big Nose' again.

MR. CHEEKY:

Oh, shut up, Big Nose.

MR. BIG NOSE:

Ah! All right. I warned you. I really will slug you so hard--

MRS. BIG NOSE:

Oh, it's the meek! Blessed are the meek! Oh, that's nice, isn't it? I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

MR. CHEEKY:

Listen. I'm only telling the truth. You have got a very big nose.

MR. BIG NOSE:

Hey. Your nose is going to be three foot wide across your face by the time I've finished with you!

MAN #1 and MAN #2:

Shhh.

MR. CHEEKY:

Well, who hit yours, then? Goliath's big brother?

MR. BIG NOSE:

Oh. Right. That's your last warning.

MRS. GREGORY:

Oh, do pipe down.

[MR. BIG NOSE slugs MRS. GREGORY]

Oh!

[MR. BIG NOSE and GREGORY fight]

GREGORY:

Oh!

MRS. GREGORY:

Awa?

MR. BIG NOSE:

Silly B word. Get in the way on me?...

MRS. GREGORY:

Ow!...

MR. BIG NOSE:

Break it up-- oh. Oh!

MANDY:

Oh, come on. Let's go to the stoning.

BRIAN:

All right.

[music]

FRANCIS:

Well, blessed is just about everyone with a vested interest in the status quo, as far as I can tell, Reg.

REG:

Yeah. Well, what Jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem.

JUDITH:

Yes, yes. Absolutely, Reg. Yes, I see.

MANDY:

Oh, come on, Brian, or they'll have stoned him before we get there.

BRIAN:

All right.

MR. CHEEKY:

Hey. Get off her. That's disgusting. Stop trying to do that. Hey, officer, intervene here. Attempted rape going on. It's the chap with the big nose's fault. He started it all.

Rule # 1 - Customer is always right.

Rule # 2 - See Rule # 1

Face it.  Most(not all) people in customer service related positions just don't give a sh-- anymore.

663132[/snapback]

That was a nice credo for folks in the service biz, but once the customer found out, it really no longer made sense. These days, people talk about when it's time to "Fire the Client".

Mark Cuban blogged about it today:

"And a word of advice to take or leave as you see fit. Its always a mistake to listen to your customers. The goal of any organization should be to give their customers or constituents what they will want, not what they did want. Its not the job of the customer to know their future consumption habits. Its your job."

This relates more to technology than the restaurant business, though.

Just my $0.02.

Sounds to me like much ado about nothing. People are insensitive, but let's face it -- watching someone in a cervical collar tilt his entire body backwards to take a drink is pretty funny-looking. I'd chuckle if I saw it.

I guess I don't really know why you were so hacked off. It's not as if you are "disabled" and someone was making fun of your disability; you have a temporary injury and performing normal activities places you in humorous positions.

My advice; lighten up a bit. Life's too short not to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Sounds to me like much ado about nothing.  People are insensitive, but let's face it -- watching someone in a cervical collar tilt his entire body backwards to take a drink is pretty funny-looking.  I'd chuckle if I saw it.

I guess I don't really know why you were so hacked off.  It's not as if you are "disabled" and someone was making fun of your disability; you have a temporary injury and performing normal activities places you in humorous positions.

My advice; lighten up a bit.  Life's too short not to laugh at yourself sometimes.

663833[/snapback]

You know, I think most of agree he should lighten up a little and not let this get to him...But, i don't understand the defending of what this waitress did. It was just plain WRONG, IMO. She should know better than to make fun of an injured customer in front of that customer and the rest of the restaurant's customers. That's what the kitchen is for! Practice common courtesy...make fun of people BEHIND THEIR BACK, for Christ's sake.