If the Bills moved to another city

If the Bills ever moved to another city like LA, I would just as soon see them change their name. LA Bills just doesn't seem right.

It should be the Baltimore Colts, not Ravens

It should be the St. Louis Cardinals, not Rams

Arizona and Indianapolis should have been allowed to name the team something different. New city, new identity.

If the Bills ever left Buffalo, I would find it hard to chear for the LA Bills. Cleveland got it right when Modell moved the Browns. He wasn't allowed to take the name with him.

Or how about the LA WeHaveTriedThisAFewTimesBeforeButItWillWorkThisTimeWeAreSureOfIt's?

They go, I'm done. At least I save the $200 something a year on Sunday ticket (minus the cost of Center Ice).

Hijack Alert: What about Toronto? If they _had_ to go? NFL's been trying to poke into other countries (probably thinking El Footballo, though). Might work as a last resort...

Or how about the LA WeHaveTriedThisAFewTimesBeforeButItWillWorkThisTimeWeAreSureOfIt's?

They go, I'm done. At least I save the $200 something a year on Sunday ticket (minus the cost of Center Ice).

Hijack Alert: What about Toronto? If they _had_ to go? NFL's been trying to poke into other countries (probably thinking El Footballo, though). Might work as a last resort...

656389[/snapback]

We could call them Bob, for short.

I don't know, I love football too much to say I would be done with it. (Though the Bills leaving and a couple more SB's like the last one may end that) It would be a huge hit for me, but I imagine after some time another team would come up and come close to filling that void.

I would be more pissed if they moved to Toronto than LA though. As stupid as it may be to think this way....football is the only true American sport out there. (Don't even try to NFLE crap) One of the great things about it!

We could call them Bob, for short.

I don't know, I love football too much to say I would be done with it.  (Though the Bills leaving and a couple more SB's like the last one may end that)  It would be a huge hit for me, but I imagine after some time another team would come up and come close to filling that void.

I would be more pissed if they moved to Toronto than LA though.  As stupid as it may be to think this way....football is the only true American sport out there.  (Don't even try to NFLE crap)  One of the great things about it!

656399[/snapback]

I just can't help but picture LA fans heading into corporate luxury boxes asking questions like, "who did you say the quarterback was again?" if they're out in CA. In Toronto, you're getting all of the same Southern Ontario/WNY folks.

Edit.. I'm probably not done, but boy, would it suck. I don't have any real "passion" for other teams. Ironically, I'd probably only go to pro games when I was given free tickets by salesmen.

Edit Again... Thrashers games are like that. Big difference between Buff and Atl.

What's with all the ripping on California? LA isn't that bad now, c'mon.

I'd like to see them stay in Buffalo but seeing as how i'm in Oregon...

I wouldn't be completely devastated like most. In fact i'd be excited to visit LA to see my first Bills game! Someday maybe.

Oh yeah, and i'd keep the name Bills...LA Bills...it sounds pretty good actually. Not as good as Buffalo Bills though.

I wouldn't be completely devastated like most. In fact i'd be excited to visit LA to see my first Bills game! Someday maybe.

Oh yeah, and i'd keep the name Bills...LA Bills...it sounds pretty good actually. Not as good as Buffalo Bills though.

656417[/snapback]

I think it's important to seperate L.A. from California. There are many, many nice areas of the Los Angeles Basin, but there are enough areas to give you that ucky feeling.

I've often said in jest, that if L.A. was ever hit by an earthquake, the only thing that needs to be rebuilt is I-5, expanded to 10 lanes in each direction, so it makes the trip from Northern California to San Diego faster. :(

That's the LA Baseketball team. That was a great movie. I liked the Dallas Fellons, NJ Informers, SanFrancisco Ferries, and of course Milwaukee Beers.

656427[/snapback]

I thought the only 2 basketball teams in LA were the Clippers and the rapists.

I think it's important to seperate L.A. from California.  There are many, many nice areas of the Los Angeles Basin, but there are enough areas to give you that ucky feeling. 

I've often said in jest, that if L.A. was ever hit by an earthquake, the only thing that needs to be rebuilt is I-5, expanded to 10 lanes in each direction, so it makes the trip from Northern California to San Diego faster.  :lol:

656423[/snapback]

That's IT!

The Los Angeles Basins! :(

656417[/snapback]

LA Bills Sounds good? :( I have been an avid fan of the BUFFALO BILLS since 1989, I like the Name, I like the Buffalo emblem. If this team was moved to LA and Name the LA Bills which they should have no right taking the name, there would be No more Buffalo on the helmet what would it be dollar bills the reason why the left.

Sorry, my allegiance to the team would be done the moment the team left Buffalo!!! Then I would have to pick a new alligience to a New team and being a Fan in New England I could not be a Patriot fan since I would be seen as a band wagoner because the have won 3 SB in the last 4 years, No me I would jump to the other enemy in our Division. I would have to be a Miami Dolphin fan becasue they will never move their team, change their name and always make a run at the playoffs year in and year out just wouldnt like the fact they are not a cold weather team, one of the things i take pride with with Buffalo.

So hopefully my nightmare will never be realized, and the Bills will always be in Buffalo and we start experiencing superbowl wins as a Buffalo Bills team.

On a side bar imagine this, The leugue will allow one more team to be added as an expansion team , Ralph has stated if the team is sold they would lose Revenue sharing, so what if Ralph is planning to move his "Team without the name to LA" sells the team before he dies, leaving the Buffalo Bills open as a possible expansion Team Like the Cleven Browns Did when they Moved to Baltimore.

If the Bills leave Buffalo, life as I know it would be over. I could care less what they'd call them in LA or anywhere else. I follow the Bills because my roots are in Buffalo, not because I like the colors or the name or anything nonsensical like that. I MIGHT continue to follow football, but there'd be no passion or allegiance to any team. My life would become meaningless and I'd die a lonely death in some remote forested region muttering obscure stats and names that no one no longer remembers.