If Marv trades our '06 1st round pick

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

for someone's 2nd round pick in '06 and their 1st round pick in '07, could you live with that?

I wouldn't mind having two 2nd round picks in a 'deep' draft with two 1st rounders in my back pocket.

for someone's 2nd round pick in '06 and their 1st round pick in '07, could you live with that?

I wouldn't mind having two 2nd round picks in a 'deep' draft with two 1st rounders in my back pocket.

654851[/snapback]

How about we trade our first pick for someone's 1st and 2nd this year. That way maybe we get two starters one on DL and OL

I think it would have to depend on which team we traded with. If we made the deal with a team like the Seahawks, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, etc...a team that will more than likely be playoff bound next season...I would be angry.

However, if we did the deed with say...the Niners...I'd love that.

No, I would rather have a later 1st rd pick AND a 2nd rd pick in THIS year's draft. Under this scenario a mid to late rd pick in next year's draft would have to be added at the very least. The future draft pick value would have to be based on how early or late of a 1st rder we traded down to.

654851[/snapback]

When the Bills traded with Dallas for their first round pick a few years ago the Cowboys got a 2nd rounder that year and the Bills 1st rounder next year (and that was for a mid-round 1st round pick, not a top 10). Given this, why would the Bills trade away their pick and not recoup a 1st round pick for 2 years (and NO picks for a year)?

654851[/snapback]

No. The Bills are in perfect position to draft an impact player in the first round THIS year. Let's not roll the dice hoping a second rounder and a pick in a future draft will be a hits. Don't even think about it Marv.

Guest BackInDaDay
I think it would have to depend on which team we traded with.  If we made the deal with a team like the Seahawks, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, etc...a team that will more than likely be playoff bound next season...I would be angry.

However, if we did the deed with say...the Niners...I'd love that.

654857[/snapback]

I see your point, but that's probably the kind of team that we could make the deal with - someone expecting a late round 1st. But considering the amount of talent in this draft, I think having multiple 2nd to 3rd round picks could bring some good talent in. Then, considering our probable 4-12 to 8-8 finish in '06, worst case we're looking at the 7th to 15th overall and the 32nd overall. Get a couple good players there, too.

Guest BackInDaDay
When the Bills traded with Dallas for their first round pick a few years ago the Cowboys got a 2nd rounder that year and the Bills 1st rounder next year (and that was for a mid-round 1st round pick, not a top 10).  Given this, why would the Bills trade away their pick and not recoup a 1st round pick for 2 years (and NO picks for a year)?

654868[/snapback]

I don't understand this response. We give up our 1st in '06 (this year) for a 2nd in '06 and a 1st in '07 (next year). this gives us two 2nds this year and two 1sts next year.

I don't understand this response.  We give up our 1st in '06 (this year) for a 2nd in '06 and a 1st in '07 (next year). this gives us two 2nds this year and two 1sts next year.

654880[/snapback]

My bad, when I read your post for some reason I thought it said a 2nd round pick in 07 and a 1st round pick in 08. Just go ahead and ignore me.

Guest BackInDaDay
No. The Bills are in perfect position to draft an impact player in the first round THIS year. Let's not roll the dice hoping a second rounder and a pick in a future draft will be a hits. Don't even think about it Marv.

654869[/snapback]

Conventional thinking will agree with you, but considering our multiple needs I'd rather have multiple shots at hitting the bullseye.

Guest BackInDaDay
Just go ahead and ignore me.

654883[/snapback]

Never. :(

Two years later, and we're all still a little hung over from that draft. :angry:

654851[/snapback]

I don't think so, unless it was with a team that is clearly destined for the basement in 06, and with parity, how many teams such as this exist?

Even at that, I doubt it. I think that 06 is the year for us to build our foundation. If we are to have any chance to win any time soon, now is the time to begin the transformation of the Bills to a football team that is able to block and tackle.

When the Bills traded with Dallas for their first round pick a few years ago the Cowboys got a 2nd rounder that year and the Bills 1st rounder next year (and that was for a mid-round 1st round pick, not a top 10).  Given this, why would the Bills trade away their pick and not recoup a 1st round pick for 2 years (and NO picks for a year)?

654868[/snapback]

If the Bills can get all of NO's picks for a year, that would be a phenomenal trade.

According the draft value experts a pick in the following years draft is valued at one round lower so basically a teams 1st round in 07 has the value of a 2nd rounder. Therefore we'd be trading our 1st and 2nd rounder for another teams 2nd rounder.

No way!! Our 8th pick is worth 1400 points. Lets assume the team we trade with is in the middle of the round both years, therefore their 2nd round is worth 440 points. The 07 1st rounder would also then only be worth 440 since it s for a year out. So we're giving up 1400 points for 880 in return! Even if it were Houston with the 1st pick in round 2, it's only worth 580, so still way short. They'd need to throw in much more, about another 500 points worth of picks.

I just added it up, if they gave us every pick they had in round 2 thru 7, plus next years 1st rounder, assuming they pick in middle of the round, it still wouldn't add up to 1400 points. The only way it would equal is if it were one of the top six picking teams.

I don't understand this response.  We give up our 1st in '06 (this year) for a 2nd in '06 and a 1st in '07 (next year). this gives us two 2nds this year and two 1sts next year.

654880[/snapback]

654851[/snapback]

No. Why delay the development progress of this years rookie for an unknown pick next year?

Guest BackInDaDay
Correction, we'd be trading out first for the equivelant of two of another teams  2nd round picks.  However the values shown in my post are correct, so still a terrible trade.

654979[/snapback]

I'm sure your numbers are correct. I don't know what the hell they have to do with football players, but I believe you. :)