4/2/06 Sopranos episode

duey

Did you know that there were dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden? I didn't. That show is so informative.

Speaking of music, how about Tony turning on the radio while speaking to Phil, and the song was "Funeral for a Friend."? Good stuff.

i loved the rapper getting shot in arse instead of the "fleshy part of the thigh", and Pauly whacking that guy and asking for $4G's a month, seemingly for his "mother", Tony is gonna destroy Pauly for that one. Not the best show, but a good one, leading to a crescendo of shows in coming weeks I am sure!

Did you know that there were dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden?  I didn't.  That show is so informative.

Speaking of music, how about Tony turning on the radio while speaking to Phil, and the song was "Funeral for a Friend."?  Good stuff.

650636[/snapback]

i loved the rapper getting shot in arse instead of the "fleshy part of the thigh", and Pauly whacking that guy and asking for $4G's a month, seemingly for his "mother", Tony is gonna destroy Pauly for that one.  Not the best show, but a good one, leading to a crescendo of shows in coming weeks I am sure!

650643[/snapback]

Yeah, Tony promised that kid there would be no "punishment" and Pauly kicks his ass. Pauley put T into cardiac arrest, cannot concentrate on anything but what he wants, and then he mugs that kid. Did he know T said hands off?

They cannot pop Pauly soon enough!

:doh:

Not really looking to rehash the show...I just wanted to hype the fact that they played Pink Floyd's "One Of These Days" over the closing credits.  VERY COOL! :doh:

650550[/snapback]

Definitely - I liked how they cut the song so that the vocals would play during the credits. FWIW: non-Floydians may not know but the lyrics are "One of these days I'm going to chop you into little pieces." Apropos for the show. Those were the only lyrics that drummer Nick Mason ever sang in a Floyd song.

Yeah, Tony promised that kid there would be no "punishment" and Pauly kicks his ass. Pauley put T into cardiac arrest, cannot concentrate on anything but what he wants, and then he mugs that kid. Did he know T said hands off?

650661[/snapback]

Paulie is underboss, Tony can't wack him over some kid.

I think Tony is becoming too soft.

Paulie is underboss, Tony can't wack him over some kid. 

I think Tony is becoming too soft.

650719[/snapback]

His whole "every day is a gift" approach will last all of about five minutes....

His whole "every day is a gift" approach will last all of about five minutes....

650776[/snapback]

true, tony gave up one of his biggest sources of legitimate income. the funny thing was the look on phil's face when tony says "there's enough garbage for everyone". lol

650661[/snapback]

Pauly is definitely racking up the issues so far this season, lol. You GOTTA think that sooner or later Tony is going to find out that Pauly forced him to break his word to the kid's mother, and T will go ape sh-- on his arse.

Pauly is definitely racking up the issues so far this season, lol. You GOTTA think that sooner or later Tony is going to find out that Pauly forced him to break his word to the kid's mother, and T will go ape sh-- on his arse.

650784[/snapback]

yes but to what point? he's still just a citizen, tony can't shoot him over that. Johnny Sac beat the sh-- out of a guy once because he thought that the guy laughed at a joke about his wife, and all they did was send the guy some flowers or something.

I like the fact that Carmella stepped up.

true, tony gave up one of his biggest sources of legitimate income.  the funny thing was the look on phil's face when tony says "there's enough garbage for everyone".  lol

650779[/snapback]

Yeah, you can just feel that this episode went a LONG way toward setting the stage for some serious tension down the road. I think the interactions between the Jersey and NY families is pretty interesting. NY is bigger and stronger, yet Tony's nuts are bigger than just about anyone else's. Should be pretty damn fun to see how it all plays out.

650784[/snapback]

Unless Pauly jumps to New York as remember he did have a talk with Johnny last year about feeling underappreciated etc.

Unless Pauly jumps to New York as remember he did have a talk with Johnny last year about feeling underappreciated etc.

651023[/snapback]

he wouldn't have as much power. he's currently second in command, if he goes to New York he'd start out most likely as a soldier again.

he wouldn't have as much power.  he's currently second in command, if he goes to New York he'd start out most likely as a soldier again.

651031[/snapback]

How did you figuere he's second? Behind Tony is Silvio and as you recall there was talk of Vito may be next in line. Not to mention T has made mention if he were to name a successor he might name Christopher. Paulie in terms of experience might but up there but is lower on the list in terms of pecking order. Infact as referred to he almost jumped states last year. I think with Sacks in jail maybe he can work out a deal that prevent him fall to soldier status.

How did you figuere he's second? Behind Tony is Silvio and as you recall there was talk of Vito may be next in line. Not to mention T has made mention if he were to name a successor he might name Christopher. Paulie in terms of experience might but up there but is lower on the list in terms of pecking order. Infact as referred to he almost jumped states last year. I think with Sacks in jail maybe he can work out a deal that prevent him fall to soldier status.

651050[/snapback]

Christopher was a soldier for Paulie's crew. Now Chrissy is a Capo. The only way he can become a capo is his capo either died, in prison or disappeared. Since Chrissy is now a Capo and Paulie is still alive, Paulie was bumped up. Since Sylvio is the consigliere, the only possible position for a Capo is either Underboss or the Don.

About New York, maybe but highly unlikely. Noone really likes Paulie and he's more of an enforcer than a businessman. Another thing is Phil doesn't like Paulie either.

Christopher was a soldier for Paulie's crew.  Now Chrissy is a Capo.  The only way he can become a capo is his capo either died, in prison or disappeared.  Since Chrissy is now a Capo and Paulie is still alive, Paulie was bumped up.  Since Sylvio is the consigliere, the only possible position for a Capo is either Underboss or the Don. 

About New York, maybe but highly unlikely.  Noone really likes Paulie and he's more of an enforcer than a businessman.  Another thing is Phil doesn't like Paulie either.

651063[/snapback]

I think the liklihood of Pauly getting whacked is more likely then him going to New York by a wide margin but still see the latter being a distinct possibility in part that he's so well liked by the audience (or maybe I just like him for the comic amusement). Especially since this final season seems to be focusing on the feud between NJ and NY is the only reason I bring it up.

I think the liklihood of Pauly getting whacked is more likely then him going to New York by a wide margin but still see the latter being a distinct possibility in part that he's so well liked by the audience (or maybe I just like him for the comic amusement). Especially since this final season seems to be focusing on the feud between NJ and NY is the only reason I bring it up.

651073[/snapback]

I think the likelihood of Paulie getting whacked is very little. The reason being that Paulie is like I said before, high up in the family. A lot of people see Paulie going over Tony's head as a way to piss off Tony, but what he did is not enough to warrant an execution. I dont' know if you remember season 4 when Sylvio ordered Patsy Parisi to steal the tiles from the esplanade even though Tony strictly forbid it. He did it because he wanted to see what his place was in the family, meaning that even as a consigliere, he gets to make his own choices.

Even if Barone would tell Tony about what Paulie did, the most that could happen is Tony makes Paulie cancel the tribute or pay for the kids knee operation.

Anyways it is a show and anything could happen but i don't think Chase would go far from mafia tradition.

I don't know. It seemed like a lot of time was wasted on David Chase just ranting about his feelings on political/religious matters. These rants seem awkward and forced and don't seem to move the story much at all.

650782[/snapback]

I think they were trying to show that Tony has somehow changed, and is aware now, after his brush with death, that he only a "part of something much bigger." I think that is part of the story... and has been since the very first episode.

Tony, in his own unsophisticated way, has always been searching for something, likely a way to rationalize, and come to terms with the way he has led his life. He wants to be a decent person, but he is so far immersed in his life of crime, there is no turning back...the born again preacher says something like "salvation is not just cleansing your soul, to prepare for death, it is how you live your life."

I thought the "rants" were handled well, with a lot of humour.

I thought it was a great episode again....

Tony -- Something is amiss, he is not the same man. I don't think he's going the 'found Jesus' route, but this experience may have taken his edge away, which will be dangerous for him. After caving on the carting business sale, it isn't going to take Johnny Sack and Phil long to realize that Tony isn't the same bulldog he used to be and they will take advantage.

Chrissie -- he is the smartest of the gang and the only one thus far that has noticed there is something wrong with Tony. If anyone is going to emerge as a stronger #2 and/or challenge for the throne, it will be him.

Carm -- I look for her to step up and protect Tony as boss by getting more involved in the business. A few hints on this already; especially her comment about not believing Vito and Paulie on the amount of their Columbian score. She knows this is the best way to protect her family.

Sil -- still sucking that inhaler after choking big time as acting boss. We'll see how this impacts him, but it won't be favorable.

Paulie -- WTF, he is officially off his rocker. I don't see him defecting to New York (remember how Johnny Sack used him for info and old Carmine didn't even know who he was at the wedding). I see him running rampant for a while. My prediction here is that he is eventually whacked by................his old padawan: Chrissie.

Even if Barone would tell Tony about what Paulie did, the most that could happen is Tony makes Paulie cancel the tribute or pay for the kids knee operation. 

651079[/snapback]

Paulie's getting income that Tony doesn't know about and isn't getting a cut of. He may make Paulie pay the hospital bills, but money is money--T will take his cut and move happily along.

Not really looking to rehash the show...I just wanted to hype the fact that they played Pink Floyd's "One Of These Days" over the closing credits.  VERY COOL! :w00t:

650550[/snapback]

Absolutely!!!! The often play great music at the credits. I seem to remember them playing another Floyd song a while back. Playing Mason's vocals was appropriate.

And what about Chrissy's take on the Reverand's literal take that Dinosaurs and people were on the earth at the same time. He theorized that this was not possible because that would mean Dino's were on the Earth with Adam and Eve and T-Rex's would have ate Adam and Eve. :w00t: I laughed so F-ing hard when he said that.

Absolutely!!!! The often play great music at the credits. I seem to remember them playing another Floyd song a while back.

651440[/snapback]

Give that man a prize! In season 4, "Eclipse" was played in an episode.

I think that Paulie or Vito maybe both will get wacked for shorting Tony on the score and Carmella bringing it to Tonys attention. There is going to have to be some questions answered and Vito and Paulie will end up ratting out to tony about the other or tony doing away with both of them. In light of all this I believe something natural will happen to Sil like a car accident or something.

Give that man a prize! In season 4, "Eclipse" was played in an episode.

651612[/snapback]

My favorite was from one of the Season 5 episodes where they played the The Kinks' "I'm Not Like Everybody Else"

The perfect song for Tony.

My favorite was from one of the Season 5 episodes where they played the The Kinks' "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" 

The perfect song for Tony.

651730[/snapback]

That was one of my fav episodes.. Janice was pretending to be a "changed" person and Tony just kept digging at her until she snapped.. :w00t:;)

Absolutely!!!! The often play great music at the credits. I seem to remember them playing another Floyd song a while back. Playing Mason's vocals was appropriate.

And what about Chrissy's take on the Reverand's literal take that Dinosaurs and people were on the earth at the same time. He theorized that this was not possible because that would mean Dino's were on the Earth with Adam and Eve and T-Rex's would have ate Adam and Eve.  :w00t:  I laughed so F-ing hard when he said that.

651440[/snapback]

he's come along way since Spider..dance Spider Dance

he's come along way since Spider..dance Spider Dance

651776[/snapback]

No kidding? He really played Spider in Goodfellas??

That was one of my fav episodes.. Janice was pretending to be a "changed" person and Tony just kept digging at her until she snapped.. :w00t:  ;)

651756[/snapback]

:D

That was a great scene, it really showed Tony's dark side. sacre bleu! where is my mother! :D