Losman on the trading block?

Gambler

How do you know I'm not? Did you know most teams have volunteer scouts who read, and disect film for the game day coaches?  Did you know that a lot of times the scouts for said team, actually earn paying jobs by doing that?  Did you?

Did you ever think that maybe I have sat in on some scouting sessions?  Did you think that maybe I do know a thing or two?  Just maybe?  Ever think that maybe I have had the opportunity to actually sit with players have a beer with them, have them open up some and get some feedback over that beer?  Did you ever think I have actually talked with maybe Marv or Greg in the past, shot the sh--, etc.... 

You might be surprised.  ;)

646098[/snapback]

no wonder this team is in shambles

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry. Seriously. I would never have let the conversation go this far if I had known you were such a douchebag.

646103[/snapback]

If you read any further, I also called them the "bad cops"

If you think that stuff don't happen, I'm sorry.

Way do drop the douchebag tag on me, I guess it beats the "JP is an AHole with long hair" routine.

Face to face,  or over a message board,  I will not see things your way.  I think for myself,  and what I saw was a young QB play bad,  but have moments of competence.  It's way to early for me to formulate an opinion on him,  one way or the other. 

If you meant face to face,  I would be intimidated or forced to see things your way,  because you are tough,  you couldn't be farther from the truth.  Eight years in the martial arts,  and an amateur boxing career has prepared me for most people in life.

;)

646002[/snapback]

Oh my God, can you read? What I meant was that I am easier to understand in person, and that it is sometimes hard to express one's self on a message board. Are we now clear?

I am just a Bills Fan. I have zero desire to post my list of tough guy credentials. That I will leave to badasses such as you. ;)

Oh my God, can you read? What I meant was that I am easier to understand in person, and that it is sometimes hard to express one's self on a message board. Are we now clear?

I am just a Bills Fan. I have zero desire to post my list of tough guy credentials. That I will leave to badasses such as you.  ;)

646115[/snapback]

Actually, my friends make fun of me, and call me a tree-hugging pascifist.

My nickname is The Dude, because I have an attitude similar to the character.

I felt you were trying to intimidate me, with the I'm a former cop, badass routine. Was just letting you know, if that was the case, your humor didn't impress me.

Also, obviously I can read, and as you clearly state:

"What I meant was that I am easier to understand in person, and that it is sometimes hard to express one's self on a message board."

I don't know why we should debate anymore, just like your long-hair prejudice with JP, I'm sure you obviously aren't going to agree with me anymore. After I dare make a comment that bad cops exist, I'm sure you'll have a bias against me.

So you guys just want to dump JP Losman, a first round draft pick, after a half a season. That is absolutely the most retarded thing i have ever heard. The blame does not fall on you guys, but instead, it falls on Mike Mularkey for allowing the birth of this beast that is ripping this team apart. By beast i mean the JPL vs. KH quarterback controversey.

Some of you guys can't think for yourselves. You hear what other people say and then you think you formulate a different opinion for different reasons, but it is trully all the same.

So the kid had a couple bad games. But let's look at some stats of some quarterbacks that did poorly their first year, and may or may not have turned into some of the best in the league.

JP Losman

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2005 Buffalo 9 8 228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 26/197 15 6 64.9

Donovan McNabb:

1999 Philadelphia 12 6 216 106 49.1 948 4.39 63 8 7 28/204 7 1 60.1

More games than Losman started, but still made it to the NFC Championship what, four years in a row, including a Super Bowl?

Trent Green

2001 Kansas City 16 16 523 296 56.6 3783 7.23 67 17 24 39/198 51 12 71.1

This was the first year Green started all 16 games for his team, he was old and his numbers are better than Losman's. Losman has not started 16 games in a season, played against harder teams than Holcumb, and before this, Green's numbers are terrible.

Trent Dilfer

1995 Tampa Bay 16 16 415 224 54.0 2774 6.68 64 4 18 47/331 38 4 60.1

1996 Tampa Bay 16 16 482 267 55.4 2859 5.93 45 12 19 28/207 32 2 64.8

These are Dilfer's first two full season's in the league. Not too many people think of Trent Dilfer as a great or even a good quarterback, but then i must ask you, How many Super Bowl rings do you or Peyton Manning have?

John Elway

Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT

1983 den 11 123 259 47.5 1663 6.4 7 14

More games than Losman started......and worse than Losman. I think he turned out pretty well though.

The bottom line is that those of you who are condemning JP Losman to the Hall of Suck already are complete and total retards. I'm sorry, but i had to say it. You know what, i didn't hear any of you guys bitching about Losman after the preseason game against Denver two years ago. I didn't hear you guys after the Texans game this year.

Today with the news of Losman being "put on the trade block", makes me ashamed to be a Bills fan. The fact that we have grown so impatient and just like New York fans is what is the true cancer, and that is why we can't win anything. You guys want to win so badly, i taste it too, that instead of going out to the middle of the pond to catch the big fish (the Super Bowl), you guys stay on the docks and catch minnows (Jet games and other games against teams that suck).

Actually,  my friends make fun of me,  and call me a tree-hugging pascifist.

My nickname is The Dude,  because I have an attitude similar to the character.

I felt you were trying to intimidate me,  with the I'm a former cop,  badass routine.  Was just letting you know,  if that was the case,  your humor didn't impress me.

Also,  obviously I can read,  and as you clearly state:

"What I meant was that I am easier to understand in person, and that it is sometimes hard to express one's self on a message board."

I don't know why we should debate anymore,  just like your long-hair prejudice with JP,  I'm sure you obviously aren't going to agree with me anymore.  After I dare make a comment that bad cops exist,  I'm sure you'll have a bias against me.

646119[/snapback]

If you were intimidated by my original post to you, then I feel for you, tough guy credentials notwithstanding. I was talking about football.

You are right. There is nothing else to discuss. My friendly advice is to accomplish things and to get over yourself.

How many FUGGIN years do we have to not make the playoffs before you guys realize that the time for patience ended a long time ago. Damnit, Moulds was a young player when I first heard all this conversation but it was RJ then; about how Flutie was the best, then the worst; about how travis henry got shafted, then how he was the devil. You guys content to be losers? I'm not. JP has had 2 quarters that havent SUCKED and so far has not garnered ANY respect in the locker room. I don't care who plays for us at QB, but JP sucks.

I was hopeful for a minute, then JP proved he had absolutely no mental toughness. He has the tools, but unfortunately for us he plays like a tool.

He will not be our QB of the future. I wish I was wrong, but even the coaches disagree. TD screwed us by trying to make a "look at me I am smarter than all of you and always make the right choice" pick and we gave up way too much to get this guy. He gae a good effort, but nothing in that effort has indicated he will ever be a good QB. Sam Gado had a great last few weeks last season for GB. The league didnt trip over itself trying to trade for him just cause of a couple of games. Now, after showing he's injury-prone and struggling for games on end, you want me to agree that we should throw away the offense for the season because of 2 quarters? QBs should get a year to prove themselves just because of the nature of the position, if they cant show they are consistenyl improving and getting a better grasp of the game, they should be gone.

646040[/snapback]

OK so when JP gets that "year" lets revisit this conversation...BECAUSE HE HAS NOT

How do you know I'm not? Did you know most teams have volunteer scouts who read, and disect film for the game day coaches?  Did you know that a lot of times the scouts for said team, actually earn paying jobs by doing that?  Did you?

Did you ever think that maybe I have sat in on some scouting sessions?  Did you think that maybe I do know a thing or two?  Just maybe?  Ever think that maybe I have had the opportunity to actually sit with players have a beer with them, have them open up some and get some feedback over that beer?  Did you ever think I have actually talked with maybe Marv or Greg in the past, shot the sh--, etc.... 

646098[/snapback]

And BF is secretly a chef.

Oh, this is SUCH good news!

Look how it's brought the Board together.

Why, I can't wait for another story to break on Yahoo.

It's been almost 17 seconds since the last new Eric Moulds thread was created.

This has been such a Godsend I tell you.

Now with Marv trading/cutting JP within the next 48 hours we can look forward to discussing what's really important - Eric Moulds and how we really feel about HIM.

Maybe we can trade that pesky #8 and a box of crayons to somebody for a nice bowl of oatmeal.

WTF is going on here? IMHO this thread reflects the deterioration of this board in general. It seems like everyone's slamming the integrity of the article because they don't want the information to be true. Stop your pathetic whining.

Why is this rumor always regurgitated by second-tier media types from out of town? How come the local beat guys or TV and radio "personalities" are not picking up on this hot insight??

lurker - Is WGR "first-tier" media? Do you remember anything about 2001?

"With the three guys we have, we're hoping that competition elevates all their play and somebody takes off, somebody in those three." 

I'll take DJ's word for it.. JP stays.

daninator - I don't know how you can interperate this quote to mean "JP isn't going anywhere under any circumstances".

I just read the whole thread....backwards.

Page 4, 5th post : 'Paul is dead'

Unbelievable.

Another amazing revelation is that you guys/gals really need to get another hobby because the whole threads is completely moronic.

646098[/snapback]

I know you arent because any reasonable scout would be able to come up with a logical, coherent arguement, presenting both good points and bad points about losman's play.

A reasonable scout would look at the state of the entire Bills team and see how it affected the play of the QB.

A reasonable scout would not go on hate rants over losman.

A reasonable scout would not call JP injury prone. A broken leg does not make one injury prone. Injury prone is consistent injuries like muscle pulls or strains, not 1 broken leg that occurred during a freak accident.

Finally, a reasonable scout would tell you that 8 games is not enough to judge losman and his future ability.

I know you arent because any reasonable scout would be able to come up with a logical, coherent arguement, presenting both good points and bad points about losman's play.

A reasonable scout would look at the state of the entire Bills team and see how it affected the play of the QB.

A reasonable scout would not call JP injury prone. A broken leg does not make one injury prone. Injury prone is consistent injuries like muscle pulls or strains, not 1 broken leg that occurred during a freak accident.

Finally, a reasonable scout would tell you that 8 games is not enough to judge losman and his future ability.

646259[/snapback]

I guess you only see what you want to see. I have posted good and bad points in the past about Losmans game, people just choose to argue and focus on the negative.

I do focus on the offense, and realize certain things that other may or may not see. Like the Oline problems while being there are in fact greatly magnified by several things, the first being poor reads by the QB. The second is poor TE play and in ability to get into space.

Thirdly, Losman was sat for several games last year due to injured ankle, a shoulder problem, etc... Pay attention to the releases that are posted.

Sorry but there are numerous 1st rounder or other who do not and have not been given 8 game starts, because you can see enough in practices, film discussions, and preseason.

I can give you planty of 1st rounders who never saw one single play in their careers during the regular season.

646259[/snapback]

That's what I said, only I got that all in with one sentence.