Losman on the trading block?

Gambler

As someone who thought Bledsoe should have stuck, I must say this does not surprise me. JP never showed, at any time, that he was prepared to step onto an NFL field. I feel a little sorry for the kid. The unrealistic amping up of his Hall of Fame stature by fans, many of whom post on this board, was the kiss of death.

This franchise appears to be in shambles.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who thought Bledsoe should have stuck, I must say this does not surprise me.  JP never showed, at any time, that he was prepared to step onto an NFL field.  I feel a little sorry for the kid.  The unrealistic amping up of his Hall of Fame stature by fans, many of whom post on this board, was the kiss of death.

645827[/snapback]

Don't give up hope. Smart GMs, such as Polian, draft their OL before their qb, and TD is gone. Maybe, just maybe Levy will do the right thing and bring us players who can block.

Personally, I have little sympathy for JP. He took the field and looked and acted like an amateurish a-hole, AND he sucked.

As someone who thought Bledsoe should have stuck, I must say this does not surprise me.  JP never showed, at any time, that he was prepared to step onto an NFL field.  I feel a little sorry for the kid.  The unrealistic amping up of his Hall of Fame stature by fans, many of whom post on this board, was the kiss of death.

645827[/snapback]

You mean other then the 3 touchdowns in 1 quarter? I could come up with a couple of other examples if you need them....

You mean other then the 3 touchdowns in 1 quarter?  I could come up with a couple of other examples if you need them....

645870[/snapback]

In a two year time span, that says little.

Hey, remember the game RJ had against the Colts? I could come up with a couple of other examples if you need them. ;)

Personally, I have little sympathy for JP. He took the field and looked and acted like an amateurish a-hole

645838[/snapback]

Never saw him look like that.

Maybe because I forgot to put on my hate goggles.

Jeez Bill, I remember a time when I respected your football posts, you've almost dropped to VABills level.

Jeez Bill,  I remember a time when I respected your football posts,  you've almost dropped to VABills level.

645883[/snapback]

It's getting to be downright silly around here.

It's cyclic, to a degree. About 4 or 5 years ago, there were numerous posts about how the "family" had changed. Most of it, true to a large degree.

This year seems different. Moron city. No, I'm not calling everyone morons, but if you want to actually discuss something, read first and see if someone has already gone there. Is that so hard? Maybe it's that Googlebot guy. I've yet to see him post.

Doesn't have anything to do with anyones opinions, but Jesus H., how many times can people spurt the same thing as if it is a revelation?

Jeez Bill,  I remember a time when I respected your football posts,  you've almost dropped to VABills level.

645883[/snapback]

It is certainly OK for you to no longer respect my football posts.

The thing is, I will never think that it is OK for a rookie with a strange haircut to run around screaming at, and high-fiving veterans in ANY profession. Veterans rarely look toward untested rookies who were handed a job for inspiration, because they in fact earned a spot on an NFL roster. Perhaps we can agree on this. ;)

Once again, how do you think that the above would go over in a police precinct? Do you think that seasoned, professional police officers who have been through wars and have seen the ugliest things one can imagine look to rookies fresh out of the academy for leadership and inspiration?

This is the point that I was trying to make, and it is hard to do on a message board format. In person, you would have understood me in 5 seconds. ;)

Hey, remember the game RJ had against the Colts? I could come up with a couple of other examples if you need them.  ;)

645875[/snapback]

Jesus Christ....

- JP LOSMAN WAS INJURED HIS FIRST YEAR

- HE CAME FROM A SMALL SCHOOL TO BEGIN WITH....WE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME

- He come in and sits behind an offensive line that Payton Manning would get killed behind...and despite all that shows flashes of promise...he shows spurts where he goes off with talent...he showes arm strength...mobility...etc etc...when his line game him time to set his feet he was accurate......

- Oh but there WERE those times when he showed to be a rookie BECAUSE HE WAS ONE

There are times when I just dont understand people on this board........

It begs the question though...say we do end up trading JP.  I wont get into compensation or any of that nonsense since it's still waaaay too early to tell (this whole story might be crap anyways.)

But say we do trade Losman.

And say Vince Young falls to our pick, like I've seen him fall in many of the more recent mocks (in fact, the last 7 mocks I've read, all 7 of them having him falling past us at #8).  Do we take Young if we traded Losman?  Wouldnt he just add to the competition, or do other needs take precedence?

An interesting dilemma to say the least.

645790[/snapback]

Young provides no competition in 2006.

Based on the conservative nature of both Marv and Jauron, there in absolutely no way that they want a free lance QB running the show in Buffalo. They will NOT draft Young.

However, they may tell everyone they will in order to drum up some trade interest.

This whole topic is off-base, as the writer of the article knows nothing. Just days ago, we heard from Marv's own lips that the reason that they brought in Nall was so that they did not confuse the situation by bringing in a highly drafted rookie to compete for the starting job. So you can simply forget about trading JP -- unless some team comes to us and presents us with an offer we can't refuse, which is NOT going to happen. If we draft a QB at all, it will be a flyer in the late rounds.

I've said it several times, Nall projects to be good enough to give JP a spirited challenge, but probably isn't good enough to win the job. I'm sure the new staff wants to see how JP holds up when facing competition. If he falters, then we know the answer -- and he's as good as gone after 2006. If he rises to the challenge, then he (and the whole team) will be better as a result. And, if Nall proves to be better than I think he is -- and he cements himself as the starter, well, that can't be bad either. Right?

Hey, remember the game RJ had against the Colts? I could come up with a couple of other examples if you need them.  :lol:

645875[/snapback]

Todd Collins had a great comeback against the Colts back in the day. ;)

Too bad Washington just signed him. ;)

Jesus Christ....

- JP LOSMAN WAS INJURED HIS FIRST YEAR

- HE CAME FROM A SMALL SCHOOL TO BEGIN WITH....WE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME

- He come in and sits behind an offensive line that Payton Manning would get killed behind...and despite all that shows flashes of promise...he shows spurts where he goes off with talent...he showes arm strength...mobility...etc etc...when his line game him time to set his feet he was accurate......

- Oh but there WERE those times when he showed to be a rookie BECAUSE HE WAS ONE

There are times when I just dont understand people on this board........

645922[/snapback]

well said