A MNF doubleheader?

I think just for week one so far. They're getting a little silly now... maybe 2 MNF games, Thursdays, Saturdays Sunday 1, 4 &8? Oversaturation is very dangerous. Always keep the fans wanting more, Sunday is an event right now. Bigger Mondays and Thursdays cheapens that considerably, not to mention devalues things like NFL Ticket since it puts more games on national TV.

I think it's great. Hell yeah. Pretty obvious what they did. They have an East Coast game starting at 7 pm. Thats fuggin awesome, because most people can watch the whole game before ten o'clock. And to take out the complaints about the west coast not being home from work in time to watch MNF, they've added a west coast based game between two western time zone teams.

I seriously doubt that a late 10:15 game will hardly ever feature a team from the EST zone.

This is awesome. Plus it makes for even more teams to be on TV on the opening Sunday. I hope a 2nd MNF West Coast game will become a staple. You'll never see the Bills vs. Jets for instance in that late time slot. 14 of 32 teams will be on national TV the opening weekend. Better chances for the Bills to nab some primetime games. Well, as soon as the team isn't built around guys like Robert Royal and co. they will be.

WOOHOO.

You can't "oversaturate" the NFL -- every game is available to watch already. Have you seen the crap on primetime TV lately? The more options there are to watch the NFL in primetime, the better.

As a West Coast guy this could be good. The problem is if they start the game at 8pm Eastern it is only 5 on the West Coast.

9 PM Eastern is 6 pm here and nearly every bar has a happy hour special for MNF. Having the game 6-9 is great. If they start at 5 pm they will lose West Coast audience but the thought of having a game 8- 11 out here is good one. MNF experimented many times with the 5-8 pm format but they lost more West Coast audience from 5-6 here than they lost on the East Coast 11pm to Midnight there.

I don't know how you can wait until 1 pm for a Sunday game!! Football is set for the West Coast. 10 am game start on Sunday, second game at 1 pm and the final game is done at 8-8:30 so you can get to bed for work the next day.

MNF is for happy hour, 6-9 pm, perfect. I feel sorry for you East Coast folks not getting to enjoy football.

Which means, it is ruined forever

643669[/snapback]

They can't hurt it much anymore. Unless it's a Bills game or my local club, it's just a click on my remote scan. 5 minutes of football for every 3 minutes of advertisements, mind-hurting comments from clowns that would be fired from any fast food joint after 2 hours on the job etc. .

I think it's great.  Hell yeah.  Pretty obvious what they did.  They have an East Coast game starting at 7 pm.  Thats fuggin awesome, because most people can watch the whole game before ten o'clock.  And to take out the complaints about the west coast not being home from work in time to watch MNF, they've added a west coast based game between two western time zone teams.

I seriously doubt that a late 10:15 game will hardly ever feature a team from the EST zone. 

This is awesome.  Plus it makes for even more teams to be on TV on the opening Sunday.  I hope a 2nd MNF West Coast game will become a staple.  You'll never see the Bills vs. Jets for instance in that late time slot.  14 of 32 teams will be on national TV the opening weekend.  Better chances for the Bills to nab some primetime games.  Well, as soon as the team isn't built around guys like Robert Royal and co. they will be.

WOOHOO.

643644[/snapback]

I agree. With no access programming (7-8 pm on local network stations) and late news to worry about ESPN is in a perfect position here. They'll surely (I'm guessing...haven't read anything about it yet) be using a game that would have been a regional 4pm (EST) Sunday start. They should get a bigger audience (as it will be national) than they would for that game if it only played in a few west-coast markets on Sunday afternoon.

For those whow say they wouldn't stay up to watch it...more than likely, you wouldn't be watching it anyway as it probably wouldn't be aired in your market if it weren't on ESPN Monday.

You can't "oversaturate" the NFL -- every game is available to watch already.  Have you seen the crap on primetime TV lately?  The more options there are to watch the NFL in primetime, the better.

643668[/snapback]

Agreed

I don't know how you can wait until 1 pm for a Sunday game!!  Football is set for the West Coast.  10 am game start on Sunday, second game at 1 pm and the final game is done at 8-8:30 so you can get to bed for work the next day. 

MNF is for happy hour, 6-9 pm, perfect.  I feel sorry for you East Coast folks not getting to enjoy football.

643681[/snapback]

Damn straight. I love football on the left coast.

10:00 am kick offs and bloody marys were just made for eachother.  :P

643847[/snapback]

I can barely stand the hours leading up to the game when I'm on the East coast. Waking up to Berman and having a drink in hand before 10am is the only way to go on Sunday during football season.

I like sleeping in on Sunday. So East Coast works great! I was on the West coast for a Sunday last fall... damned if I didn't miss most of the 1st quarter. 10am is way too early for me. How do you even see any of the pregame?

I like sleeping in on Sunday.  So East Coast works great!  I was on the West coast for a  Sunday last fall... damned if I didn't miss most of the 1st quarter.  10am is way too early for me.  How do you even see any of the pregame?

643911[/snapback]

I'll sleep when I'm dead! (...or later Sunday afternoon when I'n drunk.) :P