Who's left at DT??

Do let's see...Bannan gone....edwards gone....adams gone....

That leaves Triplett and Anderson as our only two DT's on the roster before the draft....

Let's hope they address it or else this team will be easy to run on......even easier than last year.....

That leaves Triplett and Anderson as our only two DT's on the roster before the draft....

Let's hope they address it or else this team will be easy to run on......even easier than last year.....

643495[/snapback]

Come on, man! Aren't you forgetting about someone pretty important--indeed, arguably out best DT?!!

Lauvel Sape. 0:)

643495[/snapback]

There does seem to be few FAs. Clubs are hanging onto what they have.

When one thinks of drafting a Michael Huff or Vernon Davis over Haloti Ngata.... one song comes to mind... I say I say uhhh:

TEMPTED by the fruit of another...

TEMPTED but the truth is discovered...

What's been goin onnnn....

Haloti, there is NO OTHERRRR...

When one thinks of drafting a Michael Huff or Vernon Davis over Haloti Ngata.... one song comes to mind... I say I say uhhh:

643547[/snapback]

Can I get a WITNESSSS? Cannnn I get a witnesssss... ?

643495[/snapback]

You/re forgetting about Lauvale Sape, Jason Jefferson and LaWaylon Brown, if one of them proves to be a capable back up in the league than all we really need is another starter next to Triplett.

All We Need.

Is for Green Bay to say Nada to Ngata, allowing us to pick him up.

We don't seem to have a backup plan if Ngata goes earlier than expected, because the other Gap Gummer DT's have issues.

There will probably be a good DT or 2 who will be cut after 6/1. We will be able to sign him with the money we save by dumping Moulds and his entourage, and hopefully we will get at least 1 DT in the draft.

Additionally, the return of TKO will be an instant upgrade to the defense.

07 will be the year to rebuild the foundation of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

You/re forgetting about Lauvale Sape, Jason Jefferson and LaWaylon Brown, if one of them proves to be a capable back up in the league than all we really need is another starter next to Triplett.

643708[/snapback]

That's a pretty big IF... I'd still like to take 2 DTs on day 1.

643547[/snapback]

Sounds like you wish to squeeze Ngata. Not that there's anything...

Ourlads, an actual scounting service with ex NFL scouts, calls Ngata the classic boom or bust type. ( Some coach will try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear ).

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one for giving someone a huge contract. Same goes for Bunkley ( a 2nd round talent, small ) and Gabe Watson (Inconsistent, questionable effort and weight issues ) .

If you reach for a need at #8, you get Mike Williams more often than not. Gabe Watson would be a nice gamble if around in Round 2, because he has a big upside. But with that top pick, you might be smart to accept a trade down and gather extra picks.

If you are stuck, you draft the best athlete available and NEVER reach.

The inmates are officailly running the asylum...    :P

643646[/snapback]

Clearly another ringing endorsement for the phatness of Haloti Ngata...

Can I get another witnesssss??? Can I get another witnessss????

All We Need.

Is for Green Bay to say Nada to Ngata, allowing us to pick him up.

We don't seem to have a backup plan if Ngata goes earlier than expected, because the other Gap Gummer DT's have issues.

643768[/snapback]

Don't draft Ngata as a need. Draft him if you think he is a better next-five-years football player than the other options (Davis, Huff, or whoever is available). I know I would rather have Brick or Williams, but they will probably be gone, along with Hawk. If three QBs and Bush join those guys in the top 7, we will have Ngata, Davis, and Huff, along with some reaches. That might make Ngata the best choice, but given injuries and laziness, I would be tempted to say Davis could be the best football player available.

I personally would love to be wrong in this evaluation, and to see us get Ngata and exceed my current expectations, because all things equal, I want a lineman. If our scouts and front office evaluate and think Ngata will be a better football player than Davis or Huff over the next five years, I'm very excited to get him. But only because he will be the best football player available, not because we need a DT (why cut Sam Adams?).