So Moulds IS getting some play

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trade has to be done, it is in the best interest of both teams, hopwever will moulds go to Green Bay? I mean they are picking 5th overall, and Brett still has not decided to come back, though I think this would increase the odds. He wants to win, that is what I keep hearing form the moulds camp, yet green bay isn't going to win much more than us, and if he stays there he has to have Aaron Rogers as his QB in a year.

I am sure there is something in Moulds' contract that can get him out of such a trade.

I agree with John from hemet, Every doctor in Buffalo will look at Walker, to make sure. A concern I have is this. Drew Rosenhaus(can't spell his name) is like a special interest group in himself, if he has too much power over a team he could ruin them.

I could see giving up a 3rd but not the 4th next year. and again we get additional cap room, which we could use during training camp to sign him long term.

and in terms of Walkers talent, not concerned, he doesn't lack confidence, and he did have round one talent, unlike the past WR favre had.

Moulds was the more productive player last season and we give more? No way to this years third, that is dumb. GB takes Moulds and the 77th pick and a pick next year for Walker coming off an injury, and a fifth? No thanks.

Negotiate that to Moulds and a day two pick for Walker and a later day 2 pick.

Favre will not come back unless the team has Walker or another solid #1 WR. Driver is a good player, but Im sure Favre wanst 2 guys to throw to. I dont see the Pack trading Walker without getting a WR back.

They could trade Walker to some othe rteam and then trade for Moulds, but in my opinion, if Walker goes, Moulds will be in GreenBay, just to satisfy Favre more than anything else.

Just heard this on ESPN the radio..

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Hmmmmmmmm.  Of course this is ESPN so... 

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

I'd make that trade any day of the week! When healthy Javon Walker is a top 10 WR!! And what are we giving up for him? An aging Moulds? Our LAST 3rd round pick? A fourth round pick? What's Marvs Phone #? I have to call him up and tell him to pull the da3n trigger!

Are the Packers offering a 5th round pick or a trade of the 8th pick to the 5th overall pick? Considering that most of us think the Bills are getting badly ripped off if its for a 5th round pick, maybe its being misreported? In the context of a trade up, it would seem to make more sense.

The Bills would get:

5th overall pick

Jevon Walker

Green Bay gets:

8th overall pick

Eric Moulds

One 3rd round pick

One 2007 4th round pick

Moulds for walker straight up, or throw in Buffalos 5th so it would be Buffalo and a fith for Walker. Walker is being shopped by GB cause he wants out. Only way buffalo should give away picks like that is if its moulds and picks for Pickett (who GB stole from us)

642455[/snapback]

You are insane! Walker IS one of the best young WR's in the game! Moulds WAS one of the best in the game but is no longer.

Walker's value is much greater than Mould's. That is just an objective fact. So if we cen get a top flight WR in our system who CNNSI calls, the anti-T.O., why the hell not! That deal looks fair and reasonable.

After reading this, I think the Bills should give up less for Walker:

Packers | J. Walker selling his house; preparing to move on

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:39:51 -0800

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports the Green Bay Packers opened their offseason workout program without unhappy WR Javon Walker, who put his house up for sale in Green Bay the day after the workouts began and enlisted the help of his parents to clean it out. Walker claims he'd rather retire than play a fifth season for the Packers. Green Bay is insisting it will not trade him.

After reading this, I think the Bills should give up less for Walker:

Packers | J. Walker selling his house; preparing to move on

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:39:51 -0800

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports the Green Bay Packers opened their offseason workout program without unhappy WR Javon Walker, who put his house up for sale in Green Bay the day after the workouts began and enlisted the help of his parents to clean it out. Walker claims he'd rather retire than play a fifth season for the Packers. Green Bay is insisting it will not trade him.

642507[/snapback]

Between that and his injury status, Walker has little to no trade value. I definitely would not be throwing 1st day draft picks at the Packers in order to trade for him.

I think the real story may be some discussions of swapping first round picks between Green Bay and Buffalo and this is just part of that deal. That trade up probably wouldn't happen until Green Bay was on the clock, but it would probably put the Bills in position to draft either Williams or Ferguson. I think those are the two guys they really want in R1 and right now won't have a chance to draft either one.

Hey gang, it seems like the overwhelming majority are against this trade. While I think the Bills can (and will) hold out to give up one less draft pick to make that trade, the Bills would be nuts not to pull the trigger. The only way I would not work something out, is if the Bills doctors can examin Walkers' knee, and they determine it is too high a risk that he won't be able to play, or will lose most of his speed.

Jevon Walker is, by far, the most gifted WR that Green Bay has had since Favre has been there. Favre says so himself. He has terrific hands, had great speed, and is a true gamer....and if he recovers from this injury, we will have an elite wide receiver, in the prime of his career...giving up a prospect, and a good vetran receiver nearing the end of his career. It all hinges on how bad Walkers' injury, as far as I am concerned. With the way trades work in the NFL these days, when you are trying to trade a valuable player, you rarely get the chance to get something of value in return. To be able to get a player like Walker, at this point in his career, for prospects, and rid ourselves of a headache, is a no brainer....

That would be a terrible trade for the Bills.  Packers WRs have SERIOUS issues doing well once they are away from Favre, I'd be very skeptical of an injured complainer like Walker doing well in Buffalo.

I say if they want Moulds, offer up their third rounder straight up and then dump Walker off on another team and hope they get their third rounder back that way.  I definitely dont want Walker on this team.

642473[/snapback]

The guy is anything but what you are claiming he is. He was a top 10 receiver in the league who was making peanuts. He threatened to hold out last season but decided to play and try to work out a new deal. Green bay still refused and the guy blows out his knee. I don't blame the guy one bit for his feelings toward GB. He was always a team guy.

Walker

Evans

Parrish

Reed

Davis

It would be a great recieving corps. However, after thinking about it for a little while, I would like to try and get a player on the defensive side of the ball ala DT Hollis Thomas. This way here, we could focus on drafting the best player available in the draft.

It would also be nice to use EM to get to the GB's #5 in the draft. If we could get JW along with the #5, kudos to our front office.

Folks...I WOULD do this trade...just not in the way that it is presented here....

- Both wideouts have to redo their deals (Eric to lesson the cap hit for GB and Jevon to insure he doesnt get up and walk off next year.

- Jevon would have to check out physically 100 percent

- None of this "this pick for that pick" crap....a straight up trade.

642475[/snapback]

No problem with that scenerio whatsoever... :P

I'd go for the trade. I'll echo above, Walker is a gamer, and even Javon Walker at 80% of his pre-injury status would make him and Lee a formidable tandem for years to come. We also get rid of our 33 yr old malcontent for a 28 yr old game breaker.

To do this deal tho, i'd make it contingent on us signing Walker to an extension. He's currently going into his last season on his rookie contract, and playing for peanuts ($650,000 base salary).

As for holding out, remember this...he held out at the advice of Rosenhaus last summer, along with most of the rest of rosenhaus's clients. WALKER HAS FIRED ROSENHAUS AS HIS AGENT. His agent is now Kennard McGuire, and has been for a while.

Walker wants out of GB for the crappy way they treated him. FWIW, heres his career numbers...

2002 - 22-391-1

2003 - 41-716-9

2004 - 89-1382-12

2005 - injured in 1st game

Just heard this on ESPN the radio..

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Hmmmmmmmm.  Of course this is ESPN so... 

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

I wouldn't. This team has about a dozen holes to fill and needs the draft picks. Walker is a very good player, assuming he has recovered, but because he is seeking a huge new contract, this trade really amounts to trading picks for a free agent at a position of minimal need.

Straight up for Moulds? Fine. Walker is worth more than Moulds, even with the relative uncertainty about his knee, but the Bills don't have need at the position, the Pack does. In fact, even without Moulds, wr is probably one of the better units on this team.

But that third rounder this year is, IMO, almost as valuable as the first round pick the Bills used on McGahee 3 years ago in a very weak draft. The Bills should be able to get an offensive guard or right tackle who can start right away on this shabby line.

Does anyone else question why Moulds would accept a trade to Green Bay?

Some of you are overestimating the value of moulds at this point. If you think a str8 up trade moulds for walker you're nuts. Walker is a premier young receiver who has his best years ahead of him. Moulds has declined every season in the last 5 years, and only has a couple of potentially OK seasons left. In the NFL, he's an old man.

Brandon Loyd was traded to washington for a 3rd rounder this year and a fourth in 2007 (sound familiar?). Like Walker, Lloyd was also a malcontent in SF and wanted out. That is setting the market for a leading receiver. Walker if healthy is better than Lloyd. So in essence it is that same deal, plus Moulds for a 5th round pick.

I think washington, as usual, overpaid for Lloyd...which is hurting us hear.

If I was Marv, I would consider it if Javon is healthy. It sounds a little pricey to me. I might argue that Moulds is worth at least a 4th round pick, rather than a 5th. So either they give us their 4th rounder this year, or we give them a 5th rounder instead of a 4th in 2007.

All I can say for THAT trade proposal is that the Packers organization has lost it totally.  I'd tell them to take a flying leap, that the Bills will no longer do business dealings with them, and say "oh and BTW, Moulds would never play for Green Bay EITHER."  Unreal!

642553[/snapback]

Moulds will go to whoever is willing to pay his contract in full. It doesn't matter who it is.

what people are forgetting is ...........we might not get nothing for EMO

so......if Walker will be in play shape for footbal......then hell yeah........he is one of the elite wrs in the NFL............that is if he is healthy......

EMO is a great possession wr........but he is slowed...........I woudl like to keep him but that doesnt seem possible.........

so ........... :P