So Moulds IS getting some play

Just heard this on ESPN the radio..

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Hmmmmmmmm. Of course this is ESPN so...

Would you do it?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Hmmmmmmmm.  Of course this is ESPN so... 

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

A...NO!!!!!! Why waste more than 2 valueable draft picks. One should be more than enough. :P

GB is bending us over in that trade

No way should buffalo have to give up that much

Moulds for walker straight up, or throw in Buffalos 5th so it would be Buffalo and a fith for Walker. Walker is being shopped by GB cause he wants out. Only way buffalo should give away picks like that is if its moulds and picks for Pickett (who GB stole from us)

I haven't followed the Jevon Walker drama... is his main beef with GB or with what they are paying him? If it's the latter, then it's just the same headache with less draft picks involved.

How many of Favre's receivers have left Green Bay and done much of anything?

It all depends, does Javon need a walker? If he is going to make a full recovery and this report is accurate, than I would try to work SOMETHING out. I wouldn't do the deal stated above though. From Green Bay supposedly saying that they are not interested and then making a trade proposal is encouraging.

If push came to shove, I would make that deal.......

However, I think that Moulds and a 4th this year would be more fair. Maybe even one of the thirds we have.

But, if we could trade an older guy that doesn't want to be here and a couple of mid round draft choices for an up and coming star, I would do it. However, that is dependent on getting a good contract worked out with Walker. He will be going into the last year of his deal. You can't let him walk for nothing at the end of the season. There better be a solid 4 or 5 year deal signed with Walker first. If that happens, I'd make the deal (as long as Walker is cleared medically. I am not sure on his recovery).

If push came to shove, I would make that deal.......

However, I think that Moulds and a 4th this year would be more fair.  Maybe even one of the thirds we have.

But, if we could trade an older guy that doesn't want to be here and a couple of mid round draft choices for an up and coming star, I would do it.  However, that is dependent on getting a good contract worked out with Walker.  He will be going into the last year of his deal.  You can't let him walk for nothing at the end of the season.  There better be a solid 4 or 5 year deal signed with Walker first.  If that happens, I'd make the deal (as long as Walker is cleared medically.  I am not sure on his recovery).

642461[/snapback]

That would have to be the MAIN factor wouldn't it? Is he healthy enough at this point to invest good money into? If yes, done deal. Especially since we wouldn't have to worry about GB reworking EMs contract to get the deal done.

Probably not as here some word that in addition to being a malcontent similar to Moulds he is damaged goods. My first thought for such a player for player deal is to make it conditional in terms of how these players perform next year. If Moulds produces a specific amount of TDs or yardage then the Pack give the Bills more (I suspect Moulds will have a good year wherever he goes particularly with Favre gunslinging to him in his final year and I suspect even if healthy that Walker probably will produce a good but not great year for us as our #2 WR behind Evans who would still be the go-to guy.

If its conditional upon performance. the cap #s work out and we hold out not give up additional picks and make this deal straight up it will be good to talk about.

The key thing for Marv is to hang tough as a negotiator and not panic into making a deal right now as many fans would want.

Hmmmmmmmm.  Of course this is ESPN so... 

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

Ugh... :P

No way would I give up the 3rd Round Pick for a WR coming off and Injury and looking for Big Cash...Under the circumstances, if it was the Packers 3rd coming Our way this Year then maybe...As long as Walker is no longer wanting to break the Bank. Oh... and forget about the 4th next Year too...

The Trade as Reported now sucks IMHO... :P

Deal sounds like a total crock to me, as in the Packers really doing a job on the Bills. They take the same cap hit whether they trade or release Moulds, so it really comes down to this:

Given the choice between doing nothing, or trading away a 3rd rd pick in 2006 and a 4th rd pick in 2007 for a 5th rd pick in 2006, for someone who is in the final year of his contract, hasn't stepped on a practice field since blowing out his knee, and has a reputation of having attitude problems. Hmm, seems like a pretty easy choice to me.

They approach us and offer an injured malcontent for a receiver that Favre would absolutely love to have and have the balls to want more in return??? This totally stinks! Moulds is a major step up from Walker. GB is the team behind the eight ball, not us. Farve is balking about coming back because he is concerned about the lack of talent on the offense. Believe me, they want Moulds badly. If they give us their 3rd along with Walker, then I would consider it closer to being fair.

Ugh... :P

No way would I give up the 3rd Round Pick for a WR coming off and Injury and looking for Big Cash...Under the circumstances, if it was the Packers 3rd coming Our way this Year then maybe...As long as Walker is no longer wanting to break the Bank. Oh... and forget about the 4th next Year too...

The Trade as Reported now sucks IMHO... :P

642465[/snapback]

A supporter....finally! Look I'm not saying trading Em is a bad thing. I think that the trades should be fair.

That would be a terrible trade for the Bills. Packers WRs have SERIOUS issues doing well once they are away from Favre, I'd be very skeptical of an injured complainer like Walker doing well in Buffalo.

I say if they want Moulds, offer up their third rounder straight up and then dump Walker off on another team and hope they get their third rounder back that way. I definitely dont want Walker on this team.

Folks...I WOULD do this trade...just not in the way that it is presented here....

- Both wideouts have to redo their deals (Eric to lesson the cap hit for GB and Jevon to insure he doesnt get up and walk off next year.

- Jevon would have to check out physically 100 percent

- None of this "this pick for that pick" crap....a straight up trade.