Bears matched offer sheet for Idonije

No he was transitioned

• A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation. Transition players can be signed from March 3 through July 22."

In some leagues, distinction is made between an unrestricted free agent and a restricted free agent. A restricted free agent is a player who can sign with another team, but with one or more restrictions. For example, the player's current team may have the right to match the terms and conditions of the contract offered by another team, or the current team may be entitled to compensation in the form of money or draft picks from the player's new team

639458[/snapback]

Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. Based on what people here are saying, we shouldn't have offered TKO a contract.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BackInDaDay
Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing.  Based on what people here are saying, we shouldn't have offered TKO a contract.

639482[/snapback]

If Takeo was out there now as a UFA, do you think the Bills would try to sign him?

I'll say it one...more...time. They should take a look at CIN's RFA T/G Scott Kooistra. RFA tendered at 717K with a 7th round penalty.

639454[/snapback]

I may be wrong, but I thouhgt I had heard he had signed with the Cowboys...

I may be wrong, but I thouhgt I had heard he had signed with the Cowboys...

639509[/snapback]

I don't think so - it would be a notable news story here.

Still, a good look for the Bills - I have no idea why, but the CIN organization is a good judge of OL talent.

And I don't think he would demand a lot - his Dad is rich - really big-time rich...his NFL salary is chump change. :ph34r:

I don't think so - it would be a notable news story here.

Still, a good look for the Bills - I have no idea why, but the CIN organization is a good judge of OL talent.

639522[/snapback]

Actually, Paul Alexander is an excellent OL coach. A couple years back, the bills tried to get him. He is a Rochester native and wanted to come here but I believe Cincy wouldn't let him go.

Can't this at least indicate Marv can spot talent? If both clubs wnated to keep the guys we signed, and obviously they know their players better than anyone, that should say something about Marvs eye for talent, no?

639481[/snapback]

Wow, to some Marv can do no wrong. The guy is blowing it by wasting his time with RFA's and we (not me but many of us) give him credit for it. :ph34r:

Can't this at least indicate Marv can spot talent? If both clubs wnated to keep the guys we signed, and obviously they know their players better than anyone, that should say something about Marvs eye for talent, no?

639481[/snapback]

Yes. Marv has an eye for talent and character. Give him adequate time to turn this roster over and good times will be back.

Wow, to some Marv can do no wrong.  The guy is blowing it by wasting his time with RFA's and we (not me but many of us) give him credit for it.    :ph34r:

639550[/snapback]

Oh yes he is "wasting time", time is "wasting" , he is "wasting so much time", he should stop "wasting time".

He is not wasting time. With the exception of Pickett, the players he is not signing are the one we are not targeting. That is the way it is. It will take time. We are too far away for the quick fix.

Funny that those great players that we let go like Denny, Adams, and Edwards are all still avaialble?

this makes me wonder - when's the last time anyone went for a bills rfa?  i suppose mcgee would have been targeted, but the team had the good sense to resign him early. outside of him, are all of our later round picks that bad or ho hum?

639587[/snapback]

After Jason Peters was given a low tender, I thought he might be at risk for being signed. Maybe he is not as promising as we thought.

After Jason Peters was given a low tender, I thought he might be at risk for being signed.  Maybe he is not as promising as we thought.

639590[/snapback]

He was an Exclusive Rights FA, no other team could make him an offer.

Wow, to some Marv can do no wrong.  The guy is blowing it by wasting his time with RFA's and we (not me but many of us) give him credit for it.    :ph34r:

639550[/snapback]

What was wrong with these moves. Please give more of an explantion than wasting time. Has there been any OL or DL guys since these guys signed their offer sheet you would have grabbed?

Marv doesn't call them he is too old to be a GM and doesn't know what he's doing, He makes them an offer and the other team matches then he's wasting time talking to them, and if he signs them they are other teams rejects that are worthless

No matter how you look at it, Marv is never going to do anything right unless he signs bentley or Hutch cause they are the only players that can come in and be the franchise saviours

What was wrong with these moves. Please give more of an explantion than wasting time. Has there been any OL or DL guys since these guys signed their offer sheet you would have grabbed?

639596[/snapback]

It could be argued (so I will) that making these offers still has benefits. We are looked at by other players and more importantly by agents - as a good place to visit.

It gets you in the game. You might not win the game, but you can't win it, if you ain't in it.

What someone else calls "time wasting" (hah!) is what we might call, "doing the job".

639481[/snapback]

It certainly says alot! How many of TD's RFA signings were stolen right from under us?

It certainly says alot!  How many of TD's RFA signings were stolen right from under us?

639715[/snapback]

None were ever made in a year that the cap was raised by $13.5 million bucks either.

Ooooh! How many home runs would Babe Ruth have hit if he did as many drugs as Barry Bonds?