Could JP Losman be on his way out?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all the needs we have, we can't afford to draft a QB early, a late rounder is fine who can serve as a 3rd stringer. I would also bring in harrington if I could, not sure of his relationship with Dick (though he was Garcia's back up, if you know what I mean) anyway. We need to address lines and other position before we throw away a promising young QB, who struggled is first full year, behind a less than average line. If you look at some games, (Miami) he did everything he could to win, it was MM who screwed things up. I still have faith in JP, give him at least one more year, if he falters, well the QB class next year looks pretty good.

But don't believe the hype-Flav, when talking about jay Cutler

with all the needs we have, we can't afford to draft a QB early, a late rounder is fine who can serve as a 3rd stringer.  I would also bring in harrington if I could, not sure of his relationship with Dick (though he was Garcia's back up, if you know what I mean)  anyway.  We need to address lines and other position before we throw away a promising young QB, who struggled is first full year, behind a less than average line.  If you look at some games, (Miami) he did everything he could to win, it was MM who screwed things up.  I still have faith in JP, give him at least one more year, if he falters, well the QB class next year looks pretty good.

But don't believe the hype-Flav, when talking about jay Cutler

635061[/snapback]

I understand what you're saying but you shouldnt draft for need imo. Especially if you're a team who's more then one player away you should always draft best available player. If Leinart happens to fall to 8 I wouldnt argue with picking him if guys like ngata, mario williams, dbrick, etc were all gone. The last thing you should ever do in a draft is reach because it's a need. Nothing personal but I dont see all the hoopla with Losman. In the games he's played he's had exactaly 2 good quaters of football. The 2nd quater in the kc game and the 1st quater in the miami game. He might turn out to be the guy, but I'm all for competion. I'd like to see a lot more consistency before I back losman. Right now he's just another guy.

Oh and I agree about Jay Cutler. He has kyle boller written all over him, which is a step down from what I had losman pegged as the next Jake Plummer.

Colin and Is Marv Awake? would be a helluva front office. Just like TD and Modrak.

635055[/snapback]

Ah-hem. Colin and IsMarvAwake? ARE TD and Mularkey's kid.

I'm surprised it took anyone so long to find out.

They want The Bills to cut JP so they can bring him to the Dolphags.

Holy crap. Talk about blowing something out of proportion. Kirwan was not SUGGESTING that the Bills take a QB at #8. He often throws out possible scenarios in response to callers' questions or says something like, "if [Team X] WANTED to go in this direction, this is what they could do."

Not once have I heard Kirwan say that the Bills SHOULD get rid of Losman and draft a QB. He simply made a very legitimate point that Levy and Jauron were not the guys who drafted JP, and therefore no "marriage" exists.

You guys kill me. :lol:

If Leinart happens to fall to 8 I wouldnt argue with picking him. I'd like to see a lot more consistency before I back losman.  Right now he's just another guy.

Oh and I agree about Jay Cutler. He has kyle boller written all over him, which is a step down from what I had losman pegged as the next Jake Plummer.

635064[/snapback]

All good points stay away from Cutler very overrated IMO, But if Leinart or Young falls to 8 (very possible I think)can't pass on him. Also I don't care about Everett or Royal if Vernon Davis is there and Demario and D Brickshaw are gone can't pass Vernon(OL will be able to plug in later rounds besides D Brickshaw there are no 1st round OL). Now when it comes to Losman the only FA I would have liked is Culpepper and he's gone as well as Brees (although, I'm not high on Brees anywho) so if not for top 2 QBs I would use middle round(3-7) on Backup QB and let him compete with loser of Losman-Holcomb for backup.

I am a die hard Bills fan stayed with them through thick and thin and will continue to do so no matter what. I backed TD hiring of Greg Williams because he said that Williams gave the best interview and that is how I feel most people get jobs so I supported it at the time. Hindsight being what it is John Fox or Marvin Lewis would have been the best choice then and now.

I feel this team needs O-line help first and foremost but if the brain trust decides to give a pick to Cutler(Lienert is going to Tennessee so we have no chance at him) I will support them. I watch one or two college games a week and then read the stuff around draft time like all of you, nowhere near the work that scouts do so I will trust their judgement.

I say give Losman another year and fix the line and see how he does, however if that is the case I do not wish to see Holcomb in unless injury. If it truly is going to be an open competition then go ahead and bring in another QB because Holocomb does nothing for us today or tomorrow.

In the draft I feel that is safe to say unless we trade up the following players will be gone-Bush, Ferguson, Williams,Lienert, Hawk, Davis, and either one of the other QBs Cutler or young(Damn win in Cinci). With those players gone I think the best bet for Buffalo is to trade down grab extra picks and fix the Line, I have said in many of my other posts I like Winston Justice in the first and Wrotten in the second which would upgrade both our lines. That said if Marv feels Ngata is best pick do it, if he likes Greenway do it, I as a Bills Fan support it and my team.

Losman may or may not be the answer, I dont know and niether does anyone,but right now Marv is making dinner let him buy the ingredients for the next couple of years before he gets hung out to dry.

Oh, but according to our self-proclaimed capologist Colin that isn't that much and it could be done in a snap..... :lol:

635052[/snapback]

you have trouble with numbers don't you?

check our cap room (it's a number so you might need help reading it)

check what it costs to cut losman (note that it would cost the same to trade him, a much more likely option since someone will send a pick for a cheap 1st round QB)

WOW!

the cap room is GREATER than the cost to cut losman.

if we cut moulds we will have even more cap room sitting around. with the lack of top end FA this season, if the bills want to ditch losman and don't spend all their cap money this season would be the best to do it.

so you see, the bills CAN afford to cut losman RIGHT NOW. the bills can afford to cut losman and still sign more people (particularly with contracts with signing bonuses and low first year salaries) and the bills can afford to trade losman.

you and your glory hole partner sactobillsfan should read the number instead of some one's statement about a number to understand it.

the bills CAN afford to cut losman without any restructuring and without cutting anyone else.

what are you studying at WVU? besides linear family tree algebra that is.

It make zero sens to cut JP. since it would take away from our cap space to cut him. However, I do get the feeling that Marv is taking the best guy available at #8, and if that is a QB then we'll get a QB. I don't think he is big on Losman, and if he didn't have JP's cap number to contend with he'd have cut him already.

Bingo! The Bills should avoid taking a chance on a QB, and going with a sure thing in a lineman. History shows that every lineman--offensive or defensive--chosen in the first round turns out to be a solid player at the very least. The Bills proved this by taking Erik Flowers in the 1st back in 2000, and Mike Williams 4th overall in 2002.

634999[/snapback]

A team that uses their 1st round pick for a QB 3 out of 5 years is just plain stupid. There are 22 positions to fill and we have a team that's weakest in the NFL in both of their interior lines. The smart ones here want these to be addressed because we're tired of watching teams run all over us up the middle and cream our quarterbacks every time they drop back to throw a pass on the other side of the ball. First round QBs have become crack for this team, just say no to first round QBs.

No ties.  No commitment.

JP's history -  he was benched for poor performance.  He was out because of injury.  Twice!  His not playing wasn't all due to the prior staff loyalty to Holcomb.  They needed Losman to succeed more than anyone. 

Unfortunately for all of us, he's not a winner.  Never has been.  Plus he's not very accurate!

I say cut him, play Holcomb and draft a Rookie.  Maybe in the first, but not necessarily.  Whitehurst is an option and so is Brodie Coyle.

However, I am a fan of ML and his additions so far.  If JP stays, then its probably the right thing for the team.

634857[/snapback]

Well, then cross cutler off your little fantasy list, because he wasnt a winner anywhere either. Unless you call QB'ing a team to a 5-6 record in their best season as great.

JP isnt going anywhere, and i'm damn glad.

Is doesn't matter who the QB is when you don't have and offensive line. Unless Marv wakes up and finds some actual STARTERS for the O-line it won't matter if you had JP or Joe Montana back there. Right now the Bills don't have one bonifide NFL starting offensive lineman on the roster.

Teams are going to stack 8 men in the box to stop the run and JP or who ever is going to spend time running for their lives. It appears the speed of free agency was too much for Marv. While quality linemen were being signed by other teams Marv was sleeping at the wheel. All that is left now are the dregs and the Bills will be hard pressed to find five guys to start on the line. :lol:

Well, then cross cutler off your little fantasy list, because he wasnt a winner anywhere either. Unless you call QB'ing a team to a 5-6 record in their best season as great.

JP isnt going anywhere, and i'm damn glad.

635205[/snapback]

Where in my entire post did i mention Cutler???????????????

As far as a fantasy list everything i stated is accurate. Losman couldn't even win the starting job at UCLA and so he moved to the powerhouse of the south Tulane. They won a lot of games didn't they?

Celebrate your mediocrity and be happy to have JP for 2 more injury plagued years!

you have trouble with numbers don't you?

check our cap room (it's a number so you might need help reading it)

check what it costs to cut losman (note that it would cost the same to trade him, a much more likely option since someone will send a pick for a cheap 1st round QB)

WOW!

the cap room is GREATER than the cost to cut losman.

if we cut moulds we will have even more cap room sitting around.  with the lack of top end FA this season, if the bills want to ditch losman and don't spend all their cap money this season would be the best to do it.

so you see, the bills CAN afford to cut losman RIGHT NOW.  the bills can afford to cut losman and still sign more people (particularly with contracts with signing bonuses and low first year salaries) and the bills can afford to trade losman.

you and your glory hole partner sactobillsfan should read the number instead of some one's statement about a number to understand it.

the bills CAN afford to cut losman without any restructuring and without cutting anyone else.

what are you studying at WVU?  besides linear family tree algebra that is.

635131[/snapback]

No apparently you have trouble with numbers.

JP currently costs us 1.6 million against the 2006 cap. If he is cut, his cap savings is -2.3 million. Meaning that it would cost us an additional $700,000 in cap space. How is that an economical savings?

One more time for the slow group, Colin.

JP on the Bills costs 1.6 million against the cap. JP cut from the Bills costs 2.3 million against the cap. 1.6 < 2.3

JP currently costs us 1.6 million against the 2006 cap.  If he is cut, his cap savings is -2.3 million.  Meaning that it would cost us an additional $700,000 in cap space.  How is that an economical savings?

JP on the Bills costs 1.6 million against the cap.  JP cut from the Bills costs 2.3 million against the cap.  1.6 < 2.3

635528[/snapback]

Good one! :doh::lol::lol:

JP currently costs us 1.6 million against the 2006 cap.  If he is cut, his cap savings is -2.3 million.  Meaning that it would cost us an additional $700,000 in cap space.  How is that an economical savings?

JP on the Bills costs 1.6 million against the cap.  JP cut from the Bills costs 2.3 million against the cap.  1.6 < 2.3

635528[/snapback]

wow

did i say it was an economical savings?

did i say it saved money against the cap?

did i even say if i wanted him cut or not?

no to all of the above.

the bills CAN AFFORD to cut JP losman. if they want to go another direction it will only cost them a few hundred grand over this year's cap to cut him.

also, it costs the same to trade him.

so the bills can afford to cut losman. if they don't like him and want another QB who is there at 8, they can afford to ditch him now (clearing up cap room in the future) or trade him.

so instead of the pretend strawman argument that you are arguing against, who don't you get someone to read over my posts nice and slowly for you so you can maybe someday understand the simple point i was making.

k einstein?