Could JP Losman be on his way out?

A team that uses their 1st round pick for a QB 3 out of 5 years is just plain stupid. There are 22 positions to fill and we have a team that's weakest in the NFL in both of their interior lines. The smart ones here want these to be addressed because we're tired of watching teams run all over us up the middle and cream our quarterbacks every time they drop back to throw a pass on the other side of the ball. First round QBs have become crack for this team, just say no to first round QBs.

635200[/snapback]

I was against the trade for Bledsoe, because I didn't think he had enough left in the tank to be worth a first round pick. I have deep-seated doubts about Losman. I don't like the idea of all those first round picks going to one position any more than you do, but if there's a chance to draft the guy who will put the QB question to bed, we should do it. Once Dallas, for example, had Aikman, they were able to focus all their attention on the non-QB positions. But the Bills have had an unsettled QB position, which they've tried to use quick fixes to solve (Rob Johnson trade, Bledsoe trade, Losman trade, etc.). Can Losman put the QB positon to rest the same way Kelly did? I don't think he can.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jp to no and our pick at 8, bills get no pick and cutler with pick watch it will happen

635783[/snapback]

Right...because NO is going to bring in JP, and blow their #2 pick, so that he can push Brees, right? :doh:

I will be definately waiting to hear what is said.

Marv is cleaning house of the locker room trouble makers. I guess we will find out if JP was an influence or just the prey. I still want to give him two more years because it takes time to develop but if he was in the middle of that mess of a locker room last year than I want him gone.

Wait, JP has been traded?  Or is this just Clayton-esque speculation and talk that will not turn out true anyway?  ;)

636068[/snapback]

clearly a rumor, but i home office and listen every day. Most of their info is right on.

So using your logic, if I had a million dollers in the bank and someone wanted to charge me $900,000 to mow it, I should do it no questions asked cause I have the money and can afford it. Whether I'm getting good value doesn't matter.

Yes the Bill's no question can afford to cut JP, but does it make sense to take a $3 mil cap hit or to keep him and pay him his $1.5 mil contract?

If you keep making moves, giving up on players prematurely, and taking on their cap hits, you'll never get anyplace. It's very easy to say JP is a bust, as on average 2 out of every 3 QB's fail, so the odds are in your favor if you state he'll fail. It really is funny how people said the Bill''s should have gone after Brees, the same guy who was a total flop his first two years. Menawhile We have people who know JP is a failure after 8 games.

you have trouble with numbers don't you?

check our cap room (it's a number so you might need help reading it)

check what it costs to cut losman (note that it would cost the same to trade him, a much more likely option since someone will send a pick for a cheap 1st round QB)

WOW!

the cap room is GREATER than the cost to cut losman.

if we cut moulds we will have even more cap room sitting around.  with the lack of top end FA this season, if the bills want to ditch losman and don't spend all their cap money this season would be the best to do it.

so you see, the bills CAN afford to cut losman RIGHT NOW.  the bills can afford to cut losman and still sign more people (particularly with contracts with signing bonuses and low first year salaries) and the bills can afford to trade losman.

you and your glory hole partner sactobillsfan should read the number instead of some one's statement about a number to understand it.

the bills CAN afford to cut losman without any restructuring and without cutting anyone else.

what are you studying at WVU?  besides linear family tree algebra that is.

635131[/snapback]

I wouldn't doubt this at all. Marv wants a leader at QB similar to Kelly in his day. J.P. May have a strong arm and refers to himself as being cocky etc.. but is he the type that his offense will rally around? I'm not so sure. He strikes me as being immature. To Levy, leadership at the QB position is a high priority and I wouldn't put it past him if he is looking at shopping Losman. Besides, April Fools day is still 12 days off.