Here we go again.....

Uhhm...actually they werent right.  They claimed we were only 300K under the cap...and the day after we signed Kelly Holcomb.  So unless we used magical money, ESPN was wrong.

615402[/snapback]

I bet that their $2 million guess is without the money we are saving from cutting Mike Williams.

He has the Bills $2 million under a $92 million cap

I have the Bills $4.77 million under a $93.5 millon cap

This is AFTER Mike Williams cut and BEFORE today's cuts

Clayton may have the cap adjustments.......he's MUCH more accurate this year

615478[/snapback]

So wait a second...the Bills were actually OVER the cap before we released Mike Williams?

UGH...not good everyone, I cant see how this team signs anyone in FA with so little cap room.

615478[/snapback]

Who knows what the hell the cap situation is? I honestly don't think anybody knows for sure.

(no offense Clump-great work)

guys,

don't look soley at this years cap figure.

cutting those old guys and m williams means we have plenty of room for long term contracts.

we can sign all kinds of players if we want to.

I kind of doubt ESPN's cap figures --- it seems like everywhere else I look the Bills and most teams are in better cap shape than Clayton says they are.

615575[/snapback]

I read at least two articles in January, saying that the Bills, before all of the cuts, were somewhere between 6.5 and 8 million under the cap...what happened? The Bills were ranked somewhere around 15 or 16 in the leauge, as far as "wiggle room" goes....

I read at least two articles in January, saying that the Bills, before all of the cuts, were somewhere between 6.5 and 8 million under the cap...what happened?  The Bills were ranked somewhere around 15 or 16 in the leauge, as far as "wiggle room" goes....

615741[/snapback]

You have to subtract about 5.5 mil for Clements. But adding in Williams, Adams, Milloy, etc... they have to be closer to 7 mil by now. They really need to sign Nate long term and drop is cap hit to around 3mil.

615478[/snapback]

NFL Network just quoted $94.9M. If that's an accurate number we'll have a little extra room (of course so will everyone else).

Chances are certain players reached incentives, all which would be counted in this years cap not spread out like the past due to a possible capless 2007, plus the use of the franchise tag which is almost $6 million alone. Correct me if I'm wrong Clumpy but the cuts today saved us about $9.1 million plus the possible cut of Moulds.

So wait a second...the Bills were actually OVER the cap before we released Mike Williams?

UGH...not good everyone, I cant see how this team signs anyone in FA with so little cap room.

615566[/snapback]

but....but....but....i thought Tom Donahoe was a Cap Genius?!?!??! :doh:

but....but....but....i thought Tom Donahoe was a Cap Genius?!?!??!   :doh:

616035[/snapback]

Remember, it cost almost 6 mil. to franchise Clements, and every dollar of his contract counts toward the cap.

Other than MW and Moulds (OK, that IS saying a lot :huh: ), I think that TD left the team in decent cap shape.

The thing is, he forgot to leave us people who can pass, block and stop the run. :lol:

Chances are certain players reached incentives, all which would be counted in this years cap not spread out like the past due to a possible capless 2007, plus the use of the franchise tag which is almost $6 million alone.  Correct me if I'm wrong Clumpy but the cuts today saved us about $9.1 million plus the possible cut of Moulds.

615909[/snapback]

Reached incentives????????? On this team??????? What the hell were the incentives ............ money for showing up .......... certianly nobody reached any incentives that involved positive statistics on the playing field. :doh: