Marv needs to stop showing his "Draft Hand"

firstngoal

I was watching the tube last week when a reporter asked Chiefs Coach Herm Edwards what the Chiefs were looking for in the Draft and Edwards with his voice raised told the reporter "WHY WOULD I TELL YOU THAT INFORMATION, I dont need the rest of the league to know what we are doing"

Marv needs to follow Herms lead because he already told the rest of the league these two tidbits:

The Bills wont be drafting a QB in the first or second round.

The Bills will be looking for smaller quicker D-Linemen.

It might not seem like much, but every little thing helps the other teams when a GM shows his hand at this time of the year. :D

You have to remember, teams are going to do what is best FOR THEM. They are going to draft the players THEY WANT! A team probably is not going to draft someone that is not a need for them just becaue the Bills want them. That would just be plain stupid and would hurt their own teams.

Now, I suppose if a team was looking to trade down in hopes of still picking up a player, I could see where that may come into play. However, every team that trades down for a specific player is taking a huge risk that nobody trades up ahead of them to get that player.

Also, if teams behind the Bills have an idea of what direction they want to go in, that may be a concern. However, they are still the ones that have to trade up. And with draft picks worth so much now a days, it is not the easiest thing to do. You could really hurt your team by sending draft picks away to move up a few spots.

That being said, I want to give up our 1st and two 3rds to the Jets for D'Brick! Ha! I know that might not please a lot of people around here, but I still think that would help us more than hurt us. BRICK is a franchise LT (not a MW bust.....he just isn't) and you can still get a quality player in the second to really help your team. Third rounders may take a while to develop and I think we could handle not having them this year.

Oh well, I know most won't agree with this, but just imagine this line next year if I had my way.......

D'BRICK

GANDY

BENTLEY

VILLERIAL

PETERS

That would be a VERY solid unit and would allow JP to develop into the QB we know he can be. Time to throw makes a QB. That would be a great line to allow that to happen!

Oh well, I am just wishing that would happen.....

You have to remember, teams are going to do what is best FOR THEM.  They are going to draft the players THEY WANT!  A team probably is not going to draft someone that is not a need for them just becaue the Bills want them.  That would just be plain stupid and would hurt their own teams.

Now, I suppose if a team was looking to trade down in hopes of still picking up a player, I could see where that may come into play.  However, every team that trades down for a specific player is taking a huge risk that nobody trades up ahead of them to get that player. 

Also, if teams behind the Bills have an idea of what direction they want to go in, that may be a concern.  However, they are still the ones that have to trade up.  And with draft picks worth so much now a days, it is not the easiest thing to do.  You could really hurt your team by sending draft picks away to move up a few spots.

That being said, I want to give up our 1st and two 3rds to the Jets for D'Brick!  Ha!  I know that might not please a lot of people around here, but I still think that would help us more than hurt us.  BRICK is a franchise LT (not a MW bust.....he just isn't) and you can still get a quality player in the second to really help your team.  Third rounders may take a while to develop and I think we could handle not having them this year. 

Oh well, I know most won't agree with this, but just imagine this line next year if I had my way.......

D'BRICK

GANDY

BENTLEY

VILLERIAL

PETERS

That would be a VERY solid unit and would allow JP to develop into the QB we know he can be.  Time to throw makes a QB.  That would be a great line to allow that to happen!

Oh well, I am just wishing that would happen.....

611563[/snapback]

thats actually the line i want as well................please please marv can we have that lone lol go bills in'06

I was watching the tube last week when a reporter asked Chiefs Coach Herm Edwards what the Chiefs were looking for in the Draft and Edwards with his voice raised told the reporter "WHY WOULD I TELL YOU THAT INFORMATION, I dont need the rest of the league to know what we are doing"

Marv needs to follow Herms lead because he already told the rest of the league these two tidbits:

It might not seem like much,  but every little thing helps the other teams when a GM shows his hand at this time of the year. :D

611522[/snapback]

Herm Edwards is a turd. So are you.

It might not seem like much,  but every little thing helps the other teams when a GM shows his hand at this time of the year. :D

611522[/snapback]

When you look at our lines, it's painfully obvious what we're going to do. It matters not what Marv says.

611522[/snapback]

This isn't earth shattering as if you look at teams that play the cover 2. Case in point, Chicago, Indy and Tampa they are relately light on the D-line especially at DT. As each starting DT for these respective teams fall in the 300 lb range. Of course I do know that Jauron's best D in Chicago had Ted Washginton and Keith Traylor mannig the inside. So the call by most for Ngata might be off when in reality the "best" DT for our needs in the draft might actually be Broderick Bunkley.

611522[/snapback]

I Marv made the following statement " We will draft a QB in the ast or second round" this board would explode. Did ya ever think the old sly fox is just leaking info for the heck of it.

and who says marv aint "leaking  disinformation"  ?????????????????

611603[/snapback]

Totally agreed.... I was thinking about this yesterday. With whats been being said in public by Marv, look for Marv and Modrak to Draft a solid LB, or a Tackle. Kinda talkin the talk with his poker hand. Ou LB corps is suspect right now, Spikes(who knows what he'll be), crowell, Fletch over 30, bothered by consistent hamstring injuries last year, and Posey(sh--). I see LB 1st rd. and Oline/Dline with or 2nd rd pick, and 2 3rds.

There is nothing to leak --- We are drafting 8th. everybody knows the top rated ten to fifteen guys, everybody knows the needs of all the teams in the top ten. If a player isn't there for your first need then you pick the player that fits your second need.

There is nothing to leak. The teams in front of you are not going to pick a player that you want just so that you can't get that player. They are picking for their needs also.

This is not like when you are picking out of the top ten and you want to try and get a player to drop to you.

You are not going to trick a team that is picking ahead of you into picking someone who doesn't fit their needs.

Top ten is simple. If All three QB's go in the top five then we have a good chance of getting Ferguson, Ngata, Hawk - If two QB's go in the top five then we have a chance to get Hawk, Davis, Huff.

The key is how many QB's are taken in the top five or six. Everybody already knows that we are not going for a QB. It doesn't take too much thought to come to that conclusion. So if you want to influence the draft you gain credibility by saying that in public. Then the next thing you say everybody starts to listen too because you gain credibilty. When Marv takes about the QB's and how good they are in the next couple of days watch how quick everybody starts doing Mocks with the three QB's going in the top five.

That's when you will see all kinds of crazy stuff happening! That's when it will be possible for one of the top three - Ferguson, Ngata, Williams to drop to us.

Marv is doing the right thing right now. IMO :D:D

So Marv should keep his yap shut on what the Bills need?? So the rest of the league has no idea what we need?? OHHH PLEEEEEEEESE, SPARE ME!!! :doh::doh:

Maybe we should keep our mouths shut too. Cause you know we all know what the Bills are going to do. :D:D

That's when it will be possible for one of the top three - Ferguson, Ngata, Williams to drop to us.

611770[/snapback]

I agree with your post. Just one small nit. Ferguson and Wlliams could "drop" to us. Ngata will just be there -- no "dropping" since he's not as good as the other two. I don't think we have to worry about fatboy being available, but there's only a 10% chance we can get Mario and a 20% chance we can get DaBrick.