It's Official....Bills Release OT Mike Williams!

Mike32282

The Bills have released offensive lineman Mike Williams. “We are announcing today that we have released Mike Williams,” Bills general manager Marv Levy said. “We appreciate his efforts and wish him well in what lies ahead in his career.” Williams was selected by the Bills with the fourth overall pick in the 2002 Draft and was Buffalo's highest draft pick since Bruce Smith (#1 overall in 1985).

http://www.buffalobills.com/

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have released offensive lineman Mike Williams. “We are announcing today that we have released Mike Williams,” Bills general manager Marv Levy said. “We appreciate his efforts and wish him well in what lies ahead in his career.” Williams was selected by the Bills with the fourth overall pick in the 2002 Draft and was Buffalo's highest draft pick since Bruce Smith (#1 overall in 1985).

http://www.buffalobills.com/

609798[/snapback]

In honor of this draft pick, I'd like to offer Tom Donahoe a hunting trip with Dick Cheney...

WOW!!!  :devil:  :lol:

I did not think this would happen. Especially after Williams said he would renegotiate his contract.

So what is the cap hit for us, and what do we save?

609806[/snapback]

I was just going to say the same things basically :lol:

Well Marv sure is getting busy now isn't he?

I'll miss him.  Even though he sucked most of his time, he was still a nice guy and fun to chat with at training camp.  Good luck Big Mike! :devil:

609810[/snapback]

Ive heard that too....but it is clearly time for the Bills and Big Mike to part ways...I wish him good luck whereever he goes.

I'll miss him.  Even though he sucked most of his time, he was still a nice guy and fun to chat with at training camp.  Good luck Big Mike! :devil:

609810[/snapback]

I'm not going to miss that contract or how he couldn't ever play with an injury

Ive heard that too....but it is clearly time for the Bills and Big Mike to part ways...I wish him good luck whereever he goes.

609811[/snapback]

Likewise. MW needs a fresh start, and so do we...

609811[/snapback]

Yup good luck Mike!!!

That said, it sure looks like they're doing what we've been crying for.

I an only imagine that this means when intend to be active in free agency.

Clearly, MW has as much potential as any other OL man. Since we apparently have the cap room, it would have only made since to keep around until that $3m bonus was due (IIRC, July 1st), to see if he was going to shape up (figuratively & perhaps even literally) unless we figure we need the room to pursue other FAs.

Could be an exciting off-season.

WOW!!!  :devil:  :lol:

I did not think this would happen. Especially after Williams said he would renegotiate his contract.

So what is the cap hit for us, and what do we save?

609806[/snapback]

Per Clump, saved $4.9M, cap hit $6.6M.

This helped pay for Nate, but it's still not enough, need to chop some more dead weight! :lol:

Holy crap.

Good god, what a busted pick. I know he graded high coming out, but the one thing that the Bills failed to take into consideration is HEART and DESIRE.

Big Mike has little of either.

And he NEVER had great feet...so WTF...

God, look at the long list of who was available...I know I know, you can't play the hindsight game...but when you cut a #4 overall pick only 4 years after his selection, it sets you back.

What a fuggin marshmallow. He'll get snatched up quickly, though. I'm surprised we didn't try to do a sign and trade. The kid has value.

Holy crap.

Good god, what a busted pick. I know he graded high coming out, but the one thing that the Bills failed to take into consideration is HEART and DESIRE.

Big Mike has little of either.

And he NEVER had great feet...so WTF...

God, look at the long list of who was available...I know I know, you can't play the hindsight game...but when you cut a #4 overall pick only 4 years after his selection, it sets you back.

What a fuggin marshmallow. He'll get snatched up quickly, though. I'm surprised we didn't try to do a sign and trade. The kid has value.

609819[/snapback]

Dead wood man! :devil: