Marv Levy on WGR - Audio Link...

LabattBlue

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Marv has shown a willingness to appear on WGR, can Schopp please end the WHINING that lasted all of last year about how nobody from the Bills organization would appear on their station.

603639[/snapback]

I'd almost admire him more if he stayed away. With very few exceptions, it is almost like being interviewed on the Daily Show or appearing on the Da Ali G Show. The only difference is that the hosts aren't trying to be comical.

"We will retain Nate Clements" stood out to me.

603647[/snapback]

I like it. Crafty old Marv is using the media to do his negotiating. Send the message to Nate and his agent that they can either try to come up with a reasonable long term deal in Buffalo, or he can play year-to-year and roll the dice on the FT number going up next year.

Now that Marv has shown a willingness to appear on WGR, can Schopp please end the WHINING that lasted all of last year about how nobody from the Bills organization would appear on their station.

603639[/snapback]

Wishful thinking, LB. Whining, pissing, and moaning is part of their genetic makeup. They have no interest in doing a sports talk show - they are more interested in being goofy, loud, obnoxious, and insulting. I doubt they do any prep work at all - sometimes it seems that they haven't even read today's sports page before coming on air. It gets even worse when that assclown Jerry Sullivan joins them - I swear sometimes he doesn't even know what's printed in his own newspaper that day.

Unfortunately, they spent too much time studying at the knee of Chuck Dickerson.

Is WGR's web site down or something? I haven't gotten to work at all for the past couple times I've tried it.

Maybe my IT department is on to me.

603712[/snapback]

For $25, I'll tell you how to tunnel it through another machine. :devil:

Well, if there was ever any doubt, Clements WILL be on the team in 06.

Imo, that is a good thing under any conditions. How could we replace him? A first round pick may or may not work, and we need this selection (and more) to address other positions.

While I place little stock in this type of interview, this was a good one overall imo.

We all know the Bills couldn't come up with the extra 1-1.5M/year to re-sign big Pat. The 4 year 11M offered before the season was enough of an offer. Enough that the Bills didn't even contact him from there on out! Huge mistake.

Well, if there was ever any doubt, Clements WILL be on the team in 06.

Imo, that is a good thing under any conditions. How could we replace him? A first round pick may or may not work, and we need this selection (and more) to address other positions.

While I place little stock in this type of interview, this was a good one overall imo.

603742[/snapback]

I myself knew this. When they let WInfield walk away to free agency, I knew they did that with the intention they were saving their corner money for clements when his contract was up. Otherwise they would have locked up winfield. A team doesnt let 2 above average 1st round corners walk away from the team.

3 cheers for Marv.. bravo, bravo, bravo.

Things Marv and TD do the same:

Leave out lots of information.

Things that Marv and TD do difference:

Marv tells you why he is withholding information. TD talks like a little boy who just peed his pants and is afraid to admit it.

Also its good that Howard and Marv get along. They were like old drinking buddies getting together to talk football.

I was hoping Marv wouldn't stoop so low as to agree to interviews with WGR.  WGR is a classless act that its only saving grace is that it is the only sports radio in town.  Marv has sold out to the Dope and the Poodle.

603940[/snapback]

Howard Simon is OK, but I can't even stand listening to those idiots in the afternoon. Half the time they're not even talking sports anyway - they babbling on an on about who's the best rock band, or milk in a bag, or some other nonsense.

I listen when Jim Kelly is on or when something interesting has happened with the Bills, but usually have to turn it off after 5 minutes or so 'cause those stupid morons are so aggravating, and there's just way too many commercials anyway.