Jets Major Press Conference at 3

Albany,n.y.

I have heard from an "inside" source that the Jets will be announcing that they have traded John Abraham for Keyshawn Johnson and they will give an update as to Chad Pennington's injured shoulder -- announcing that Pennington now has the arm strength of a 15-year old girl, meaning that he is already 110%.

I wonder if the new guy will support Mangini.

Sorry, no link except Jets website says press conference @ 3.  Heard it from a Jets fan at work.  He got it from a Jets board.

597585[/snapback]

If this is the case, don't be surprised if TD is one of the leading candidates to fill the job, unless, of course, they fill the position from within.......

the link is blocked for me, can anyone summarize?

thanks

597644[/snapback]

The New York Jets have replaced general manager Terry Bradway, multiple media sources reported Tuesday.

Newsday, 1050 ESPN Radio and WFAN Radio reported that Bradway had been reassigned and will be replaced by Mike Tannenbaum.

The Jets have called a 3 p.m. news conference for what they are describing is a major announcement.

After a disastrous 4-12 season, the team has a new coach, Eric Mangini, who was hired in January to replace Herman Edwards.

The Jets have major problems to address on offense, including quarterback Chad Pennington, who is coming off his second major shoulder injury. They also have to make a decision on aging running back Curtis Martin, and linemen Kevin Mawae, Jason Fabini and Pete Kendall.

.... They also have to make a decision on aging running back Curtis Martin, and linemen Kevin Mawae, Jason Fabini and Pete Kendall.

597645[/snapback]

This is the part that interests me. If Mawae can get over his injury, I'd love to see him in a Bills' uni. And I think either Fabini or Kendall would be a huge upgrade over Benny Anderson (don't know which one played LG ... Kendal??). I think all these guys are still under contract (not FA's this year), but sounds like the Jets may release some/all of them for cap reasons.

GO BILLS!

The New York Jets have replaced general manager Terry Bradway, multiple media sources reported Tuesday.

Newsday, 1050 ESPN Radio and WFAN Radio reported that Bradway had been reassigned and will be replaced by Mike Tannenbaum.

The Jets have called a 3 p.m. news conference for what they are describing is a major announcement.

After a disastrous 4-12 season, the team has a new coach, Eric Mangini, who was hired in January to replace Herman Edwards.

The Jets have major problems to address on offense, including quarterback Chad Pennington, who is coming off his second major shoulder injury. They also have to make a decision on aging running back Curtis Martin, and linemen Kevin Mawae, Jason Fabini and Pete Kendall.

597645[/snapback]

Also, DE John Abraham is a UFA. :D

This is the part that interests me.  If Mawae can get over his injury, I'd love to see him in a Bills' uni.  And I think either Fabini or Kendall would be a huge upgrade over Benny Anderson (don't know which one played LG ... Kendal??).  I think all these guys are still under contract (not FA's this year), but sounds like the Jets may release some/all of them for cap reasons.

GO BILLS!

597659[/snapback]

Yea lets take all of their injured old players so that they can be injured and old for us. :D

This is the part that interests me.  If Mawae can get over his injury, I'd love to see him in a Bills' uni.  And I think either Fabini or Kendall would be a huge upgrade over Benny Anderson (don't know which one played LG ... Kendal??).  I think all these guys are still under contract (not FA's this year), but sounds like the Jets may release some/all of them for cap reasons.

GO BILLS!

597659[/snapback]

Fabini plays LT and is what Fina was for Buffalo in his later years. Old.

Kendal was a steal for them (Arizona) and only play well last year. IIRC he had neck problems in the past.

Mawae, IMO, is past his prime. I´d sign him only for depth.

If this is the case, don't be surprised if TD is one of the leading candidates to fill the job, unless, of course, they fill the position from within.......

597621[/snapback]

What if TD goes to the Jets? Would he try to shake Modrak loose fro Buffalo? Would he try hard to stick it to the Bills? Pulling Modrak away from the Bills before the draft would be a major blow.

Addendum, just heard that Tennebaum (sp?) was named GM.

I wonder if the new guy will support Mangini.

Sorry, no link except Jets website says press conference @ 3.  Heard it from a Jets fan at work.  He got it from a Jets board.

597585[/snapback]

Albany -

Herm Edwards was Bradway's guy. This is the culmination of a palace coup in the Jets organization, which is why Edwards was forced out (nota bene the paltry compensation KC got away with paying), why Mangini was fired (he was a close friend of the new GM, Tannenbaum), and now that Bradway had been thoroughly marginalize - why Bradway was fired. So yeah, the new guy will support Mangini - he was in fact the force behind hiring him in the first place.

I've also heard that one of the themes of the press conference was words to this effect: "the last regime was good enough to get the Jets to the playoffs. But that's not good enough, their goal is to get to next level." If true, Bills fans can take comfort that amidst all the chaos at OBD, there is at leat one franchise that is apparently even less well-run then ours - and they play in our division.

I wonder how Jets fans are going to feel once KC wins a Super Bowl a few years from now.....

JDG

I wonder if this is Terry Bradway washing his hands of the hiring of mangina as HC. Seems like he said tannenbaum was all for it, as well as others in the franchise, so bradway is basically saying, dont lay any of this mess (or what will be a mess for a few years) on me.

I wonder how Jets fans are going to feel once KC wins a Super Bowl a few years from now.....

JDG

597718[/snapback]

John, if you pay zero attention to any of my views on football....believe this:

Herm Edwards is a huckster. He is a horrible coach. KC was nothing less than stupid to hire him, and he will take the Chiefs right down the tubes.