• 1 in 50
    • 1 in 100
    • 1 in 200
    • 1 in 500
    • 1 in 1,000
    • 1 in 5,000
    • 1 in 10,000
    • 1 in 1,000,000

I didn't vote. But i think the Bills chances of winning the SB this year are very very small. Yet, I think there's a better chance the Bills win the SB than you making a decent post this year.

I didn't vote.  But i think the Bills chances of winning the SB this year are very very small.  Yet, I think there's a better chance the Bills win the SB than you making a decent post this year.

588880[/snapback]

:D

I'm undecided myself. I'm torn between 1 in 2 and 1 in 1,000,000. :D

I didn't vote.  But i think the Bills chances of winning the SB this year are very very small.  Yet, I think there's a better chance the Bills win the SB than you making a decent post this year.

588880[/snapback]

jduncan

Johnny

Duncan

Well, it explains a lot to me...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showuser=1040

588895[/snapback]

Ahhh! I see where you're are going. :D

He's been around lately, though. Did he just get banned recently?

BTW, I LOVE the "BANNED" across the avatar. That's sweet. Almost makes you want to get banned.

Not sure what Vegas is saying, but what do you think?

588861[/snapback]

perfect parity -- if you believe in that stuff -- would make it 1 in 32, for the 32 teams in the league. but we know that teams over .500 last year have a greater chance of finishing over .500 this year and the revese is also true. but it's not the case that all teams will exhibit this behavior. so the question becomes one of 26 teams that had a better record than the bills which ones will the bills make gain enough enough ground on them to overtake, which ones won't they and of the 7 they had better records, which ones can they remain ahead of? taking all that into consideration, i estimate the odds of the bills winning the super bowl this year at 1 in 75. some teams i see them over taking for example are the bengals and jets, and i don't realistically see any of the 7 worse teams over taking the bills. in that your schedule had points of 50 and 100, and 75 is equidistant, i flipped a coin and made my selection at the 1 in 50 threshold.

The only problem with good dreams is you have to wake up eventually.  If the Bills can be competitive for 16 games I will call this a successful season.

588964[/snapback]

Well said, but that's just my approach to, well, just about everything. I can't imagine the Bills looking at their schedule and saying, "OK, we're gonna lose this game, and that one, etc., etc." Ya just gotta think you're gonna win every game, no? I hope that's how they will think.

And with Marv at the helm, they WILL be competitive for 16 games, hopefully 19. If anyone ever has a perfect season again, it will be Buffalo!

The only problem with good dreams is you have to wake up eventually.  If the Bills can be competitive for 16 games I will call this a successful season.

588964[/snapback]

You say that now. That's the offseason speaking. Was the 1999 season successful? No, it was HR Throwback. Let's face it, expectations change over the course of a season and the only way you can definately say NOW, that next season will be a success is if you are saying they will win the SB. 8-8? Yeah, if they win the last 8, but not if they lose the last 8. Competitive? If that means playing the good teams tight, and playing down to lesser competition. No. There are too many variables.

You say that now.  That's the offseason speaking.  Was the 1999 season successful?  No, it was HR Throwback.  Let's face it, expectations change over the course of a season and the only way you can definately say NOW, that next season will be a success is if you are saying they will win the SB.  8-8?  Yeah, if they win the last 8, but not if they lose the last 8.  Competitive?  If that means playing the good teams tight, and playing down to lesser competition.  No.  There are too many variables.

589008[/snapback]

hey, i think the 99 season was a success. of course, the forfeit against the colts in the divisional round put a damper on things, but i didn't actually have to watch them lose a playoff game.

Not sure what Vegas is saying, but what do you think?

588861[/snapback]

Since the Steelers and Seahawks are the two teams playing in the '06 Super Bowl, I'd say it's zero percent chance that the Bills will win it. Slightly better chance that the Bills win it in '07.