For those of you with the NFL Network,

PISSCHUNK

...one on one in drills with Kiwi? Ferguson is quick and agile and extremely long arms. Kiwi has demonstrated no ability to use a counter-move in their battles. Two days now and it has been awesome watching Ferguson. Granted, I've only seen about a half dozen plays between the two days but have read various reports as well that back up this theory.

Hook 'Em!

This is the guy I have wanted all along. What the guy lacks in size, ha makes up for in technique......

The guy will be a franchise OT in this league for years to come.

That being said, we have NO chance at him! He will probably be a TOP 5 pick. Unfortunately for us, we are not choosing in the top 5.

That win at Cinci really cost us a lot more than it helped us.

This is the guy I have wanted all along.  What the guy lacks in size, ha makes up for in technique......

The guy will be a franchise OT in this league for years to come.

That being said, we have NO chance at him!  He will probably be a TOP 5 pick.  Unfortunately for us, we are not choosing in the top 5. 

That win at Cinci really cost us a lot more than it helped us.

582760[/snapback]

I've said all along...if D'Brick makes it past the Jets at #4, I guarantee you that Marv will try to trade with the Packers for the #5 spot. It just makes sense...

The Packers could use some O-Line help of their own, but their problems are at the interior O-Line positions. They have two very good tackles actually in Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton, both guys have started every game for the last 3 seasons and both are in their late 20s, so it wouldnt make too much sense on the Packers part to take a guy like D'Brickashaw...ESPECIALLY since their Defense is absolutely horrendeous. Sooooooo, here's what happens.

Bills trade up for #5, take D'Brickashaw. Packers move down only 3 spots to #8, pick up a guy like Ngata or Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams (or even Lendale White if they want to go offense with the pick) AND stockpile another Bills pick(s) for their trouble. To me, it just seems perfect.

Thats IF the Jets dont take D'Brickashaw...and thats a mighty big IF.

Not to crap all over this thread, but they were talking aout him on NFL Radio on Sirius this morning (Randy Cross & Pat Kirwan that is). They both like him but had concerns about a part of his game.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think it was about run blocking. The also said he's a bit "lean" at 290+ pounds. But that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have any problems with Gallery. But DA BRICK is on another level.....at least when it comes to pass protection. Run blocking is average, but the guy is a wall over there at LT. I have never seen a guy even close to getting by him let alone beating him. His pass blocking skills are just unbelievable.

I think it is a good possibility that D'Brick falls to the Bills who is gonna take him besides the Jet

SF just put in a bunch of money on Jennings and have Kwame Harris at the other end

Oak has Gallery on one side and they supposedly love Williams and if he isn't there they will most likely take Ngata

If the Jets pass on him there is no point in trading up unless you think someone might try to trade ahead of us.

This is the best LT coming out since Bosellie (sp?).  This guy will be a STUD at LT for many years to come.

582915[/snapback]

Better than Pace?

Ogden?

We'll see.

I'd love to see D'Brick come to the Bills and in his first game, give up two sacks, false start twice, and hold twice. We'd find a way to run this 'can't miss, stud, fixture at LT for years to come' right outta town. Big Mike had all the same expert opinions, no-sack stats, and can't miss labels when he came out of Texas. I think we need an impact DT personally. Gandy was fine this past year-- and playing next to Fat Bennie, he was basically alone on that side.

If the Bills have a good line, and the team still sucks, what is everyone going to complain about?

The Bills have enough needs and uncertainties that it is hard to see making sense for us to trade away picks for a specific player.

If we were one player away, this approach would make some sense, but we are not. There are several openings on both sides of the line, some aging players who at least need to backed up as greater likelihood injury is there for older players, and uncertainty about QB, Everett coming off of injury, etc.

If a team is certain that a particular player is so great then I can see it making sense to trade resources away for him. However. D'Bricks size createa aomw uncertainty that it really takes the team being sure that he is the next Tony Boselli for it to make sense to trade up for him.

Trading down and taking the risk that a player who slipped (Ngota?) will still be good eough seems to make more sense than trading up and taking the risk that the player acquired will be a football god seems to make more sense.

You may lose out taking the risk of the player who slipped but even if so you have extra picks giving you players who may work. If you trade up, you are putting all your eggs in one basket so it better work as not only must this player pan out, AND avoid the unpredictable injury, but you also have given up valuable resources to get him.

He looks very good and is clearly the OL class of this draft, but I simply do not see D'Brick being such a stone cold lock that we can trade up for him. I think weonly take him if he slips to #8 and also if no one is welling to trade us additional resources for the #8.

Whats wrong with Robert Gallery anyways?  The dude has started from Day One, it took him a bit to learn the system but I've heard Raiders fans say nothing but good things about him.

582923[/snapback]

Well, he may be a starter, but he was supposed to walk on water from everything written about him prior to the draft. He got a seven-year contract worth a reported $60 million, with a signing bonus that was said to be around $14 million.

I haven't seen D'Brick play, so I'm not commenting on him. But if he's better than Gallery, the contract numbers we're talking about will make MW's salary look like a bargain.

If the Bills have a good line, and the team still sucks, what is everyone going to complain about?

583077[/snapback]

The president, general manager, head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, strength and conditioning coach, ticket prices, uniforms, non red endzones, 12th man, Jerry Sullivan, wall crusades, pickle juice, e-bullying, Kirk, Picard.

We' ll figure out something.

I've said all along...if D'Brick makes it past the Jets at #4, I guarantee you that Marv will try to trade with the Packers for the #5 spot.  It just makes sense...

The Packers could use some O-Line help of their own, but their problems are at the interior O-Line positions.  They have two very good tackles actually in Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton, both guys have started every game for the last 3 seasons and both are in their late 20s, so it wouldnt make too much sense on the Packers part to take a guy like D'Brickashaw...ESPECIALLY since their Defense is absolutely horrendeous.  Sooooooo, here's what happens.

Bills trade up for #5, take D'Brickashaw.  Packers move down only 3 spots to #8, pick up a guy like Ngata or Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams (or even Lendale White if they want to go offense with the pick) AND stockpile another Bills pick(s) for their trouble.  To me, it just seems perfect.

Thats IF the Jets dont take D'Brickashaw...and thats a mighty big IF.

582772[/snapback]

Won't happen unless Marv is not involved in the draft.

Marv does not do draft day deals.

Yer right, in Marv's long history as a GM in the NFL he has never made a draft day trade.

583406[/snapback]

After Polian left, Marv was VP of Football Operations and Butler's boss.

Butler evaluated the talent, but Marv had veto power over who was selected.

The president, general manager, head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, strength and conditioning coach, ticket prices, uniforms, non red endzones, 12th man, Jerry Sullivan, wall crusades, pickle juice, e-bullying, Kirk, Picard.

We' ll figure out something.

583395[/snapback]

We'll ALWAYS have Jerry Sullivan.

LURKER!

(Picard>Kirk)

we have so many needs, i would be against trading away picks to move up a couple of spots. We should get an excellent player at #8, probably the answer to DT. (hopefully)

Interesting that the DL coach was the 1st assistant hired....wonder if that says anything about the way the bills are leaning with that 1st pick?

He looks very good and is clearly the OL class of this draft, but I simply do not see D'Brick being such a stone cold lock that we can trade up for him.  I think we only take him if he slips to #8 and also if no one is welling to trade us additional resources for the #8.

583118[/snapback]

I agree with what FFS said in his post, especially this point.

As for the OL, I would rather see the Bills target the expereinced OL in FA so the Bills KNOW what they are getting from the OL versus what COULD BE. It appears that the Bills have talent at the skill position on offense to succeed right now (Willis, Evans, Moulds)

Go out and get proven guys on the OL to best utilize that talent. And you know what? if the OL play improves and the skill position players production does NOT improve that much, then the Bills know they have to make some changes in the skill positions. For once and for all, lets find out if a guy like Willis is worth holding onto for years to come.

While most of us here realize there is a lot of work to do to get the Bills to legitimate SB contender status, the Bills do need to show improvements sooner then later, so landing a very good LT or C that can be succesful right now to me makes more sense, and not paying to move up in the draft so the Bills can have a well balanced draft.