Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?

Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Accept Dick Jauron As Bills HC?

• Yes, I'd be happy he was selected
    • No, I dont think he is qualified
    • I dont know enough about him

I'd be happy if he was selected, because I think like any coach you can win if you have the talent to do so. Yes the great coaches seperate themselves come playoff time, but if you have the talent and a good supporting staff which is more important imo then the head coach, then you can be succesful.

I'd give him the manditory time to try to right the ship, before throwing him to the wolves.

I'm curious to see what fellow Bills fans would think if we went the Jauron route...I have a feeling he's the guy the Bills are going to settle on.

Obviously we couldnt do anything about it either way, but just for giggles I thought it would be interesting.

573640[/snapback]

I didn't vote as none of your choices fit the way I'm feeling. My vote would be No, because Mike Sherman is a better candidate. As sadly I agree with you as my gut tells me Jauron's the guy do to his ties to Levy, who supposedly wanted him to be our DC in 1995 (heard this on WGR so not sure how reliable it is) and let's not forget he did coach our DBs here back in 1985 and might cause Ralph to be more comfortable with him. Though I'm worried with his poor record in Chicago and how he wasn't able to develop Cade McNown.

I think Sherman's a better candidate because think we need more help on the offensive side of the ball (assuming Bates would be named DC). Also I favor Sherman because he's a former GM he might be a better recruiter of talent (through free agency) and might have a impact on picking better players in the draft.

I'm curious to see what fellow Bills fans would think if we went the Jauron route...I have a feeling he's the guy the Bills are going to settle on.

Obviously we couldnt do anything about it either way, but just for giggles I thought it would be interesting.

573640[/snapback]

I'd make a lot of lame jokes, just to mildly amuse Kelly The Dog.

I honestly don't think we can make a bad choice here. Most "experts" who talk about Jauron say things like

"Smartest coach I have ever met"

"Raw deal in Chicago because Angelo wanted his own person from the beginning"

I think the combination of Sherman and Bates beats what Jauron brings to the table--I also think that Sherman's GM experience could be invaluable as an assist to Marv as he learns the details of the job....but either way--I think we are much better off than a lame duck Mularkey and maybe the 2006 season is not so much of a throw away.

Though I'm worried with his poor record in Chicago and how he wasn't able to develop Cade McNown.

573646[/snapback]

Ain't nobody else was able to develop Cade McNown either......

JDG

Last time I checked, the Buffalo Bills did not care what I thought. Given my extensive experience sitting in bars trying to figure out whether the running back made it past that imaginary yellow line on the field, I can't imagine why not.

573640[/snapback]

I would be happy, I don't think he was ever really in a win/win situation under a guy like Levy like he will have here in Buffalo. I would welcome him, but would still rather have Sherman.

The main thing that worries me about Jauron is his choice of offensive coaches. I'm sure the defense will be a lot better than last year, but his offensive assistant choices have been rather, well, offensive.

573640[/snapback]

I can't pick any of your choices, I think "happy" is too strong of a word here...

I would accept him without any problem,

because I'm happy that Meathead is gone. <_<

If we settle on Jauron, that would be just as bad as the hirings of GW and MM. He had one lucky season and that was it. 1-4 as interm head coach, come on, if he could turn that team around how is going to turn around our team. NO WAY NO HOW do I want Dick as HC.

I voted don't know because in my mind 80% of HCs are like Bill Belichick in Cleve and NE or Marv in KC and Buffalo, they can win with good players and the right situation and also lose anywhere with bad players or lose with good players in a bad situation.

Jauron passes the laugh test in my book in that he is not a Rich Kotite who can lose anywhere, but the key is whether he, Sherman, or other adeqaute candidates fit the situation.

I think GW is probably a qualified HC, but in retrospect it was near impossible for him to win with the passive-aggressive TD who seemed motivated mostly by making sure an HC he hired likeCowher in Pitts never ran him out of town.

TD seemed willing to allow GW to fail as long as GW took the blame for failing.

As far as a new HC goes virtually anyone is fine with me as long as the fit is good. If they ae legends in their own mind like Coughlin fuggaboutit, but the big problem here to me is not whether the HC will be good enough but whether RWS is too far down the pike to allow the football guys to build a winner.

As far as a new HC goes virtually anyone is fine with me as long as the fit is good.  If they ae legends in their own mind like Coughlin fuggaboutit, but the big problem here to me is not whether the HC will be good enough but whether RWS is too far down the pike to allow the football guys to build a winner.

574039[/snapback]

Yes, but ... this is a poll. So you are saying you are evenly split between all choices ?

I think Sherman's a better candidate because think we need more help on the offensive side of the ball (assuming Bates would be named DC). Also I favor Sherman because he's a former GM he might be a better recruiter of talent (through free agency) and might have a impact on picking better players in the draft.

I could agree with you more. We need all the help we can get in selecting talent. I don't think Levy can do all on his own right now he needs help. What better man to help than a former GM.

I voted no on your poll. Sure, I'd be rooting for the Bills to succeed, and for DJ to surprise me with competence, but I'd begin with faint hope. I rolled my eyes in amazement when Jauron landed his first HC gig back in 1999. There was a giant, leaguewide, "duuuuh?!" after the announcement.

There was nothing remarkable about the 95 - 98 Jaguars defense to warrant DJ getting a job offer. Except for Chicago, there were no reports of other teams even bringing Jauron in for an interview. But heck, that was probably true for at least 3 of the 5 guys Chicago brought in that January to interview (Sherm Lewis, Joe Pendry, Dave McGinnis, Dick Jauron, Gunther Cunngingham). McCaskey was strictly considering second-teir guys.

And Jauron still lost to McGinnis. There was that big hullaballoo when McGinness got steamed that they would announce him as head coach before contract terms were agreed upon. He walked away and Jauron was their second choice.

I am hoping for April or Sherman.

I voted no on your poll. Sure, I'd be rooting for the Bills to succeed, and for DJ to surprise me with competence, but I'd begin with faint hope. I rolled my eyes in amazement when Jauron landed his first HC gig back in 1999. There was a giant, leaguewide, "duuuuh?!" after the announcement. 

There was nothing remarkable about the 95 - 98 Jaguars defense to warrant DJ getting a job offer. Except for Chicago, there were no reports of other teams even bringing Jauron in for an interview. But heck, that was probably true for at least 3 of the 5 guys Chicago brought in that January to interview (Sherm Lewis, Joe Pendry, Dave McGinnis, Dick Jauron, Gunther Cunngingham). McCaskey was strictly considering second-teir guys.

And Jauron still lost to McGinnis. There was that big hullaballoo when McGinness got steamed that they would announce him as head coach before contract terms were agreed upon. He walked away and Jauron was their second choice.

I am hoping for April or Sherman.

574181[/snapback]

i forgot about that whole debacle in chicago! thanks.