The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Yamin is still around. It is painful to watch him and if you close your eyes and just listen, his performances all sound the same and were boring after week 1. The judges pimping him week after week, have definitely helped him.

I can't believe Yamin is still around.  It is painful to watch him and if you close your eyes and just listen, his performances all sound the same and were boring after week 1.  The judges pimping him week after week, have definitely helped him.

689958[/snapback]

I totally agree. I try never to judge looks but maybe with $ he can fix his teeth. That is the only thing I see when he sings.

Some oral surgeon here in Richmond has offered to take care of his dental "needs" for free!

He is one ugly dude. But hell just a few months ago he was serving folks in my neighborhood coffee and the days egg special at the Westbury Pharmacy. I've said it before, IMHO, he is not "the" American Idol, but his voice is much better than those of you who hate him think and his story is a pretty good one.

I totally agree. I try never to judge looks but maybe with $ he can fix his teeth. That is the only thing I see when he sings.

689977[/snapback]

What's wrong with his teeth? (says the British guy)

I'm just glad the stylists made him shave that terrible link beard. Made him look like his chin was trying to escape from his face. The goatee works well for him.

What's wrong with his teeth? (says the British guy)

690067[/snapback]

:D

What is the deal with British teeth, anyway?? No fluoride in the water? No orthodontists? I don't get it.....

Kat McPhee.....WOW.....'Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is one of the most beautiful songs ever, and she NAILED it.....that was absolutely beautifully done.

Ok, so I've noticed this several times this season, but tonight I was able to prove this theory to myself. During the recaps they are not showing the actual performances that the idols did a few minutes earlier. My take is that they are using the dress rehearsel footage for various reasons. I just watched Spazz's recap and then backed up the tivo to the last song and it was a little different. Even in the camera spin around the judges desks are manned by others and not Randy and company. My take is that they rehearse infront of a studio audience, but keep the judges out so they give an honest opinion. I would imagine for editing purposes its easier to take the rehearsal footage and compile the recap earlier in the night then to do it as the show is airing live.

Anyone else notice.

Soul patrol!!  :doh:  ;)

692742[/snapback]

Anyone else notice the Bruce Sprinsteen/Courtney Cox dance segment between Taylor and Paula? It was straight out of the video. Paula even had those '80's white girl dance moves down to a "t". Weird. :blink:

Anyone else notice the Bruce Sprinsteen/Courtney Cox dance segment between Taylor and Paula?  It was straight out of the video.  Paula even had those '80's white girl dance moves down to a "t".  Weird.  :blink:

692760[/snapback]

This may be sacreligous since I am the biggest Springsteen fan, but Tard did a great job!

And can you believe Randy picked a Joe Cocker song for him? He did great on that as well.

Spaz & McFunbags should make for an interesting final(especially if Paula is drunk or high again :doh: ). Yamin needs to go home. He is boring beyond belief and will make for a lackluster finale.

Like the slip that someone had a couple of weeks ago, I had to watch myself several times, as the urge to to use the term "McFunbags" as I watch with my wife and daughter is great. :blink:

Like the slip that someone had  a couple of weeks ago,  I had to watch myself several times, as the urge to to use the term "McFunbags" as I watch with my wife and daughter is great. :blink:

692784[/snapback]

I do not have to worry about that. MrsKRC also refers to her as McFunBags after reading Coli's reviews.

And can you believe Randy picked a Joe Cocker song for him? He did great on that as well.

692774[/snapback]

Funny you say that, but right before they anounced his song, I told my wife "I hope they give him something to really get his tard on, like Joe freakin Cocker."

We were in hysterics after they said he was singing "you are so beautiful". Unfortunately he didn't get his tard on at all. I thought a minimum of 3 tard arm movements, along with at least 20 seconds of full on tard dancing and one huge tard floor flop really would have done some justice but we had to settle for the heart felt performance. :blink:

I think the judges (Randy and Paula) are trying to push hard for a Spaz and Yamin final. They have been way too hard on Kat the last few weeks and I think she's the best of the rest. They sit and drop on everyone for being too "karaoke" but Spaz sounds karaoke every time he sings. Nobody will buy his album or Yamin's.... Idol lost out huge when Chris went home IMHO. I don't vote, but I watch and I will buy Chris's cd when it comes out. I think there's no doubt the show is rigged and Kat will be the unfortunate victim this week. F-U Randy with your ghetto wanna be ass and Paula who's one snort away from heart failure. Thank God for Simon who is the only true voice of reason and the only one who seems to support Kat....

I think the judges (Randy and Paula) are trying to push hard for a Spaz and Yamin final. They have been way too hard on Kat the last few weeks and I think she's the best of the rest. They sit and drop on everyone for being too "karaoke" but Spaz sounds karaoke every time he sings. Nobody will buy his album or Yamin's.... Idol lost out huge when Chris went home IMHO. I don't vote, but I watch and I will buy Chris's cd when it comes out. I think there's no doubt the show is rigged and Kat will be the unfortunate victim this week. F-U Randy with your ghetto wanna be ass and Paula who's one snort away from heart failure. Thank God for Simon who is the only true voice of reason and the only one who seems to support Kat....

692804[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying, hell being a Buffalo sports fan we tend to think that the fix is in on most things. Anyhow, I really don't see this as being fixed, at least when it comes to the voting, do I think the judges push for one thing or another, hell yes, but the results are the results (IMHO). Here is the thing, spend one day in Richmond Virginia, this town could have a bomb go off and Elliot would lead the news, local radio this morning is talking to people that voted over 600 times last night. This my friends is a popularity contest.

Yamin needs to go home.  He is boring beyond belief and will make for a lackluster finale.

692784[/snapback]

He looks like he is singing with a gun to his head. Its as though there is somone off stage with a laser-sight on his temple yelling, "sing monkey-boy! SING!"

Ok, so I've noticed this several times this season, but tonight I was able to prove this theory to myself.  During the recaps they are not showing the actual performances that the idols did a few minutes earlier.  My take is that they are using the dress rehearsel footage for various reasons.  I just watched Spazz's recap and then backed up the tivo  to the last song and it was a little different.  Even in the camera spin around the judges desks are manned by others and not Randy and company.  My take is that they rehearse infront of a studio audience, but keep the judges out so they give an honest opinion.  I would imagine for editing purposes its easier to take the rehearsal footage and compile the recap earlier in the night then to do it as the show is airing live.

Anyone else notice.

692707[/snapback]

They usually only use dress rehearsal footage for the last few contestants on each show (e.g., they recap the live performance of singers 1-9, but the dress reshearsal for #10). But when they're down to 3 or so, it appears they use only the dress rehearsal footage, because there isn't enough time to compile the recap footage from the live performances.

Chris is gone :blink::doh: I DON'T CARE ;);) Kat should have gone last week.

She is just another singer except she has brown hair instead of blonde. blah,blah,blah boring.

Spaz & McFunbags should make for an interesting final(especially if Paula is drunk or high again  :blink: ).  Yamin needs to go home.  He is boring beyond belief and will make for a lackluster finale.

692784[/snapback]

They better have paramedics ready for her if Yamin leaves tonight. :doh:

Chris is gone :blink:  :doh: I DON'T CARE ;)  ;) Kat should have gone last week.

She is just another singer except she has brown hair instead of blonde.  blah,blah,blah boring.

692931[/snapback]

I realize that all opinions are to be respected, but (respectfully) some of you may want to clean out your ears. Kat is more than just "another singer". She is probably the only one left on the show who's throat can qualify as a true musical instrument. She is certainly not perfect but has great control, range, sings in key, has soul, falsetto voice, and tonal quality. This is from a long time musician and singer with a very critical ear for what it's worth.

I realize that all opinions are to be respected, but (respectfully) some of you may want to clean out your ears. Kat is more than just "another singer". She is probably the only one left on the show who's throat can qualify as a true musical instrument. She is certainly not perfect but has great control, range, sings in key, has soul, falsetto voice, and tonal quality. This is from a long time musician and singer with a very critical ear for what it's worth.

692955[/snapback]

I do, Dark Horse/Cherry Tree and Over the Rainbow are the only two that I liked. If you close your eyes and can't see her sexy moves and looks into the camera, she is just another singer. Unfortunately so many just vote by what the judges say.

It's time for Elliott to go, his luck has carried him much further than it should have.

I believe that Taylor will be the next American Idol. That's just a guess on my part, and also he has never been in the bottom 3.

Katharine could still win it all. She has been one of the stronger performers this season. There were a couple of times where she was not at her best, but she has never been terrible. I do'nt think that many people realise or appreciate how strong of a voice she has.

I do, Dark Horse/Cherry Tree and Over the Rainbow are the only two that I liked.  If you close your eyes and can't see her sexy moves and looks into the camera, she is just another singer. Unfortunately so many just vote by what the judges say.

693046[/snapback]

Thats what I was saying though. I didn't reference her looks, just her vocal qualities. She is anything but "just another singer". Yamin sounds a lot more like "just another singer" to me. Or someone like me is "just another singer" :blink:

I think McFunbags may have some vocal chops but her sense of timing and phrasing is horrible.

Kinda like comparing Whitney Houston to Bob Dylan...

Whitney had the much better voice, but Dylan is the much better singer. :blink:

She is probably the only one left on the show who's throat can qualify as a true musical instrument.

692955[/snapback]

Actually, you are describing Elliott and Chris. THEY were the only ones who sang on-key the whole time.

Actually, you are describing Elliott and Chris. THEY were the only ones who sang on-key the whole time.

693219[/snapback]

Elliot and Chris were indeed always on key (good ear cable! :) ) though that is only one component. Elliot was lacking (IMO) in the tonal quality and dynamics departments, while Chris still needed to find a voice other than what has already been done by the lead singer from the band Live. Kat may have fell short on pitch for one or two quick moments during the whole competition, so I'd give her that considering all the other qualities.

I know anything is possible, but it is unbelievable that the 3 contestants ended up within 1 percent of each other after millions of votes have been totaled. The good news is Spaz lives for another week. He needs to raise his "spaz" level higher than it has ever been before.

GO SPAZ!!!!!

:)