The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

For days. The wife, too.

And worse, cant get the PICTURE of that dude out of my head either, singing the damn song.

Im in hell.

611482[/snapback]

Yeah, me neither. I have nightmares about that dude. lol I liked the comment Simon said about him at the auditions. He said something about how the guy reminded him of a drunk person. :D

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, cause I don't even know which song that is.  :lol:

611632[/snapback]

You are, perhaps, the luckiest human in this thread. Of course, you're still tormented by Copacabana...so there's that. :D

Just remember, music and passion were always the fashion at the Copa. :lol:

You ain't kiddin.....

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111793886...10&cs=1&s=h&p=0

611820[/snapback]

Wow, thanks, that was a great article!

"We always feel like it can't grow anymore," Darnell says. "But there's still a vast audience that doesn't watch it regularly. My guess is people who have been holding out or reluctant to tune in finally are. Every year, more people feel obligated to watch -- and once they watch, they're hooked."
That was me before the 3rd season... The first 2 years I said there's no way I'm watching an amateur talent show like this, then I turned it on to see what all the buzz was, and William Hung hooked me. :D

Wow, thanks, that was a great article!

That was me before the 3rd season... The first 2 years I said there's no way I'm watching an amateur talent show like this, then I turned it on to see what all the buzz was, and William Hung hooked me. :D

611888[/snapback]

LOL....all those wild, crazy gyrations of his are hypnotic.....can't help but be Hungified :D Tell me THAT guy didn't know exactly what the F he was doing, huh? People want to make him out like some tard with a gimmick....the guy is a friggin GENIUS. He knew damn well what he was doing, and he's rich because of it. Gotta respect that!

Yeah, that article was pretty good....I guess I knew it had a big audience, but I didn't really understand the way it was causing other networks to basically crap their pants when the season was about to start! I also really didn't expect this season to be as strong, both talent-wise and with regard to the ratings....boy was I wrong. I still the most talented person to ever be on American Idol was Tamyra Gray....she can do it all - sing, write, act, etc.... But there are four or five REALLY good girls this year. I think the guys will be better than they were last week, and the final top 12 will be maybe the best ever....I dunno. There were some really lousy singers in the final 12 in past seasons, but I really don't see that being the case this year. And beyond that, I already know that I'm going to buy at least one CD of an artist I would have never otherwise known existed - one Mr. Taylor Hicks. The guy is everything that's right about music, IMO.

LOL....all those wild, crazy gyrations of his are hypnotic.....can't help but be Hungified :D  Tell me THAT guy didn't know exactly what the F he was doing, huh? People want to make him out like some tard with a gimmick....the guy is a friggin GENIUS. He knew damn well what he was doing, and he's rich because of it. Gotta respect that!

611901[/snapback]

You know, that was the one season I didn't watch AI. I missed out on William Hung. :D

Don't feel too bad, you missed out on Mantasia too. :D

612240[/snapback]

I think that had to have been the weakest season....I love Diana Degarmo, and I think she's making some waves on Broadway right now according to the local news reports....but overall the talent that year was pretty lousy. Last year was worth it just to see Bo Bice do his thing (and to lust after Carrie Underwood), and I think this year will be even better. But yeah, mantasia....wow....just did nothing for me.

What's up with Reuben?? I still remember he did a rendition of the Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" that was AWESOME.

I think that had to have been the weakest season....I love Diana Degarmo, and I think she's making some waves on Broadway right now according to the local news reports....but overall the talent that year was pretty lousy. Last year was worth it just to see Bo Bice do his thing (and to lust after Carrie Underwood), and I think this year will be even better. But yeah, mantasia....wow....just did nothing for me.

What's up with Reuben?? I still remember he did a rendition of the Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" that was AWESOME.

612252[/snapback]

Hmmmm....maybe I didn't miss the whole season. I do remember seeing Mantasia win. I must have just missed W. Hung.

Yeah Bo Bice was awesome. What's up with him lately? Carrie's song "Jesus Take the Wheel" is being played so much that I'm tired of hearing it. It's a good song, but dang, stop playing it so much! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....maybe I didn't miss the whole season.  I do remember seeing Mantasia win.  I must have just missed W. Hung.

Yeah Bo Bice was awesome.  What's up with him lately?  Carrie's song "Jesus Take the Wheel" is being played so much that I'm tired of hearing it. It's a good song, but dang, stop playing it so much!  :rolleyes:

612276[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything by Carrie.....what is it, Country music? I've been listening to this classic hits station I told you about.....can't turn it off, actually!

I haven't heard anything by Carrie.....what is it, Country music? I've been listening to this classic hits station I told you about.....can't turn it off, actually!

612278[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a country/pop song, I think. She's mostly on country stations but I've heard her on pop stations too. She's all over man! :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's a country/pop song, I think.  She's mostly on country stations but I've heard her on pop stations too.  She's all over man!  :rolleyes:

612284[/snapback]

Weird....the play Bo's first single a good bit down here....it's kinda catchy.....but I haven't heard anyone else other than Clay and Kelly.

Lana - James Blunt is a guy who used to be in the British Army and now sings girly love songs.

He is HUGE over here - so hi svoice kinda jars me. But in truth - he's pretty good.

610612[/snapback]

Yeah, he seems to be pretty cool. Have you heard of the group called Di-rect? If so, are they any good? I guess they are popular over in Holland.