The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere in this thread... take it FWIW.

622163[/snapback]

Whoa...can that be right???? Is there any track record of accuracy with these people in the thread? How the hell can Covais be the chip leader??? lol

Whoa...can that be right????  Is there any track record of accuracy with these people in the thread? How the hell can Covais be the chip leader??? lol

622211[/snapback]

I don't think they're too accurate on the names (sometimes right, sometimes dead wrong) , but somewhere in there it's said there will be a shocker with one of the 2 girls... sounded feasible to me, JMO.

I don't think they're too accurate on the names (sometimes right, sometimes dead wrong) , but somewhere in there it's said there will be a shocker with one of the 2 girls... sounded feasible to me, JMO.

622233[/snapback]

Interesting....I guess we won't have to wait long to find out. I thought the show last night was pretty good.....I don't remember a group that was so hot and cold like these guys and girls are this season. They can go from completely bringin' it one week to really putting me to sleep the next. Very odd..... I still don't understand the Bucky thing...but I guess I just need to deal with it. The one guy who I think has a killer voice but nobody else seems to like even a little is Will. I thought his cover of James Taylor last night was pretty good!

As for the girls, with the exception of the lovely Mandisa, I thought they were pretty lousy on Tuesday.....

I thought Elliot didn't do himself any favors last night, even though he was annoited "Best male singer ever" two weeks ago. Way to play the disability card, dude.

I hate that Ace guy.

Bucky stays another week because the rednecks can still vote for Pickler and ole Buck one more time. Next week they'll have to pick one or the other, and that split will spell doomsday for Bucky Skynrd.

Will Makar killed himself off last night. Not even the Brady Bunch looks will save him this time. James Taylor? He was beating up Carly Simon years before any of Makar's fans were born. Horrible song choice.

Covais really let me down last night. He was our shot at bringing down corporate rock, but it's not looking good. I hope to The-God-I-don't-believe-in that he gets enough pity and "stick it to the man" votes to carry him into the next round.

Simon went out of his way to knock Chris down a peg after last week. Brillant psychological strategy on his part. It lets Chris' fans know that he can still be knocked off if they don't vote for him. Let's just say a couple thousand people who usually vote for him think he's safe, and take my advice and vote for Covais to bring down corporate rock. Chris could get bounced. By not lobbying for him, Simon was lobbying for him. You win this round, Cowell.

From the men's side....adios Will and Gideon (that whole "making love to my grandmother" thing he said after he sang freaked me out).

From the women's side....the floozy (melissa) and the beanpole (ayla) go. Kinnick should get the boot, but the tall one goes.

I was not able to see the show last night (TiVo'd it) I'll watch this weekend. I am dissapointed that Ayla is gone but I thought her hair, dress and song were pretty bad the other night. I really thought her hair and clothes made her look like Kimmy ( the neighbor friend) from Full House...Ouch!

Ayla peaked too early....I'm a self-admitted Christian Aguilera fan cause I think her voice is just absolutely stunning.....Ayla did some Christina song from a Disney flick a few weeks ago and KILLED it. She needed to stick with stuff like that where she can really showcase her voice. Natasha Bedingfield is talented, and her voice is quite unique, but it's not the kind that just blows you away. It was a bad song choice and it failed her in the end. The tragedy is that she DOES have that killer voice in her, she just didn't do enough to let it shine. Oh well....

All in all, this is a pretty damn strong top-12. I really didn't think Kevin Covais would still be here, but the guy is like the legit version of William Hung. You gotta give the guy credit for taking his fifteen minutes and investing them intelligently. He's doing a great job of marketing himself, and he's very good at allowing the fun that Ryan and the others have with him to be viewed as an asset more than anything else. It even comes close to being a routine with them.....I give the kid credit.

I was not able to see the show last night (TiVo'd it) I'll watch this weekend.  I am dissapointed that Ayla is gone but I thought her hair, dress and song were pretty bad the other night.  I really thought her hair and clothes made her  look like Kimmy ( the neighbor friend) from Full House...Ouch!

623219[/snapback]

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone. Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

From last nights eliminations, I think the skank should've been gone instead of Ayla, and for the guys Bucky should've been gone rather than Will. Other than that, I think the final 12 is pretty strong, and as soon as they get rid of the aforementioend 2 weak links it should be a good showdown.

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone.  Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

623472[/snapback]

:lol:

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone.  Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

623472[/snapback]

I think that had to do more with the fact that she was crying. She actually had a pretty good voice, but she didn't have a chance to win. It would be great to see everyone leave in the order they deserve to, but it's only bad when one of the possible winners loses before the pathetics who are only there for looks/attitude, etc...