Chuck Dickerson says

Risin

Hmmm...considering AJ Smith is a good football guy, with a respected opinion, and ties to Marv, then why would Marty be coming here?  Sounds like he couldn't get a recommendation from Smith.  Coach Dickerson just throwing some stojan against the wall and seeing what sticks?

565791[/snapback]

Dickerson's one of my finest proteges... :w00t:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think A.J. Smith wants Wade Phillips as the head coach.

They wouldn'y have to do any other interviews, and they have a long history together.

Plus, Wade has been on the radar of a couple other teams as well

565794[/snapback]

I would love Marty or Wade. Yet, I doubt that Wade would get hired (unless he and Ralph have mended fences).

See my Post a week back that said its Jeff Fisher or Marty that will be next HC, interesting thing is both are currently employed so hopefully we wont be given a draft pick for Marty.  Personnally I like Jeff F better.

565813[/snapback]

I don't mind giving a 4th rounder (similar compensation for Edwards) if we

can get it done....I still think Mike Sherman will be a good coach for this team

though....

the cane's or shall we call them them the "U" are nationaly known as thugs and punks. you don't know that? 1987- the combat boots? michael irvine, sean taylor, winsol jr. drug use, sex? Brian Blades and Tremain Mack, ray lewis? hello???!?!??!

they are the UNLV of football. while #21, roscoe and kevin might now be, per se thugs, they are hurrican palyers who when drafter come with usually baggage and at the least a reputaion of being a-holes. contract disputed, drug use, rap sheets, etc are miami reputation nationally. teams pass on their players due to this. look at shockey. what a moron....

read:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9078032

we are rebuilding.  marty is anice rebuilder.  he has a GREAT record and he wins games. only in wash did he struggle and people say he was still good there with the crap talent.  marty is good with young teams rebuilding.  a company guy.  i would not want him for 3-4 yrs.  but we are SOOOOOOOOOO thin on talent.  you think we could beat New england or the colts or pitt with jesus as our coach?  i dont.  we couldn't beat pitt's backups in our yard last season and we had a better team then than we do now.

go figure...

565741[/snapback]

I have always liked Schottenheimer, personally. You know, he really did a reamarkable job, the one year he was in Washington. They were a perenial 3-4 win team the years before he got there. If memory serves, the Skins got off to a slow start, many of the vets (including Bruce Smith) whined, but they ended up finishing strong, with a 8-8 record.

I had heard, weeks ago, that AJ Smith did not want to lose Wade Phillips, and may encourage Marty to go elsewhere, so he could make Wade the Chargers HC.

Also, lost in all the mire of this past season, and the disaster that has ensued, is that the Bills roster is not as thin on talent as some teams that played much better. Marty has his faults, but getting his players to play is not one of them.

agreed, marty can coach. he gets the most out of his guys and coaches to their talents. for a young team he is excellent. look at sd, were he jelled many talents and diverse players.

i dont agree that buff has excellent talent. when i look at a team i start with the DE and OF lines, then other positions are usually a crap shoot (ie the skill positions- glamour positions)

our OL has one starter, IMO, and that is teague. and he is suspect. i can name another nfl starter there.

our DL is similiar. shoebel is a 3rd rusher. kelsay too. i like denney to blossom under levy. but in the middle - adams is older now and anderson and bannon should be on the worlds strongest men competition, not on a nfl field come sunday.

so, with that said, we are thin in the trenches, where games are won in the 4th quarter. any team can 'hang" for a half of ball. but it is the 4th quarter where the winners pull away, keep the ball, run the clock and win on field position with excellent special teams. marv will focus on these things. TD wanted the QB, the RB, the WR, the Corner, the SAfety glamour boys. they are clearly important, but more important is that nice robust foundation and line play. it all grows from there.

Read this on another board,  so take it for what it's worth.

According to this person,  Chuck Dickerson was on the radio in Rochester this morning,  and says there is a good chance the Bills will be playing "Marty Ball"  next year.  Supposedly,  there has already been contact.

That doesn't make sense though,  since he is still coach of the Chargers.  I hope we wouldn't give up a draft pick for this guy.

Please don't kill the messenger,  just passing on what I read.

565731[/snapback]

Anyone remember Marty not letting Bruce Smith leave camp for Marv's induction?

Marty's had some success in San Diego, but there were a LOT of questionable coaching decisions this year-- and pock-marking his entire coaching career. He's an adequate coach who builds adequate teams, and while it would be nice to land a known commodity, I think our long term prospects would bode better with another candidate. We know what we'd be getting in Marty, which is better than most of the others in queue, but I'd rather stake some security for a candidate who might build something better than Marty has to this point. (it's hard to say this, given that a perrenial wild-card castoff would be a welcome improvement to drawing dead from Week Seven, onward).

the cane's or shall we call them them the "U" are nationaly known as thugs and punks.  you don't know that?  1987- the combat boots?  michael irvine, sean taylor, winsol jr.  drug use, sex?  Brian Blades and Tremain Mack, ray lewis?  hello???!?!??!

they are the UNLV of football.   while #21, roscoe and kevin might now be, per se thugs, they are hurrican palyers who when drafter come with usually baggage and at the least a reputaion of being a-holes.  contract disputed, drug use, rap sheets, etc are miami reputation nationally.  teams pass on their players due to this.  look at shockey.  what a moron....

read:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9078032

565865[/snapback]

So I guess what you are saying is that Willis, Roscoe, and Kevin are thugs because you have the perception that all UM players are thugs.

Your perception that they are thugs is premised on "contract disputes," "drug use," "rap sheets", and "sex."

You just described every major college football program.

Oh, and by the way, if you went to college (any college), you may have noticed that there was some sex and drug use.

Your post is kind of like saying that the Bills are made up of a bunch of murderers and child molesters because OJ and TH once played for the Bills.

Schott is a BAD pick for a head coach. Sure, he may be able to turn the Bills around after a few years and win a few games, but Marty teams are notorious for doing one thing:

Winning a bunch of games in the regular season and - if they make the playoffs - exiting rather quickly. His teams choke in big spots. No thanks.

I'd take him over Marv, but that's about it.

That is because we got out coached.....LeBeau knew exactly when we would

be calling run plays....and he knew when Jerry Gray would blitz.

565824[/snapback]

I could be completely wrong, but wasn't LeBeau an asst. on the Bills staff when the first 22 steeler fans at the game got to start for them and they beat our asses anyway?

This Marty?:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/images/bestof...marty-allen.jpg

But, if you're talking about Marty Schot...then, I'm fine with that as I think he'll help right this ship (as will Marv as GM, I believe). Just don't expect MS to take us to the promised land.

Schott is a BAD pick for a head coach.  Sure, he may be able to turn the Bills around after a few years and win a few games, but Marty teams are notorious for doing one thing:

Winning a bunch of games in the regular season and - if they make the playoffs - exiting rather quickly.  His teams choke in big spots.  No thanks.

I'd take him over Marv, but that's about it.

Marge Schott?

Marty is a VERY successful coach and I would have no problem with Marty.  But why would he want to leave a cozy siuation in SD?

565744[/snapback]

Marty is a douche and a control freak. He's one of these guys that does not allow his asst coaches to even be interviewed. He wants to be the complete voice and face of the organization. The Redskins got tired of it quickly and so are the Chargers. His personality does not mesh with Marv's and Ralph's wishes.

I could be completely wrong, but wasn't LeBeau an asst. on the Bills staff when the first 22 steeler fans at the game got to start for them and they beat our asses anyway?

566247[/snapback]

No. LeBeau left in the '03-'04 offseason and was on Pittsburgh's sideline last January.