Chuck Dickerson says

Risin

Read this on another board, so take it for what it's worth.

According to this person, Chuck Dickerson was on the radio in Rochester this morning, and says there is a good chance the Bills will be playing "Marty Ball" next year. Supposedly, there has already been contact.

That doesn't make sense though, since he is still coach of the Chargers. I hope we wouldn't give up a draft pick for this guy.

Please don't kill the messenger, just passing on what I read.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this on another board,  so take it for what it's worth.

According to this person,  Chuck Dickerson was on the radio in Rochester this morning,  and says there is a good chance the Bills will be playing "Marty Ball"  next year.  Supposedly,  there has already been contact.

That doesn't make sense though,  since he is still coach of the Chargers.  I hope we wouldn't give up a draft pick for this guy.

Please don't kill the messenger,  just passing on what I read.

565731[/snapback]

This would be a great move. He can build winners quickly.

we are rebuilding. marty is anice rebuilder. he has a GREAT record and he wins games. only in wash did he struggle and people say he was still good there with the crap talent. marty is good with young teams rebuilding. a company guy. i would not want him for 3-4 yrs. but we are SOOOOOOOOOO thin on talent. you think we could beat New england or the colts or pitt with jesus as our coach? i dont. we couldn't beat pitt's backups in our yard last season and we had a better team then than we do now.

go figure...

Marty is a VERY successful coach and I would have no problem with Marty.  But why would he want to leave a cozy siuation in SD?

565744[/snapback]

His situation is not cozy in SD. Apparently the owners don't like him because he is not an outgoing guy and the community has been complaining about him for some time now.

His situation is not cozy in SD. Apparently the owners don't like him because he is not an outgoing guy and the community has been complaining about him for some time now.

Then the community and owners are nuts. He is a very good coach who has won a lot of games out there. Apparently, they want a politician??? Hell, I'd take Marty in a heartbeat.

Then the community and owners are nuts.  He is a very good coach who has won a lot of games out there.  Apparently, they want a politician???  Hell, I'd take Marty in a heartbeat.

565754[/snapback]

that's not the reason. he and a.j. smith don't get along, and smith doesn't think he has it in him to win the big game. there was some speculation in ny that he'd be "traded" to the jets for picks, but that fell through. spanos has been protecting marty, actually.

we are rebuilding.  marty is anice rebuilder.  he has a GREAT record and he wins games. only in wash did he struggle and people say he was still good there with the crap talent.  marty is good with young teams rebuilding.  a company guy.  i would not want him for 3-4 yrs.  but we are SOOOOOOOOOO thin on talent.  you think we could beat New england or the colts or pitt with jesus as our coach?  i dont.  we couldn't beat pitt's backups in our yard last season and we had a better team then than we do now.

go figure...

565741[/snapback]

Make up your mind. Is it the coaches fault we suck and they did not utilize the talent properly, or was there no talent on this team and coaches faled because they had nothing to work with? It could not have been both, we did win 5 games. You don't win 5 games with no talent and no coaching.

that's not the reason. he and a.j. smith don't get along, and smith doesn't think he has it in him to win the big game. there was some speculation in ny that he'd be "traded" to the jets for picks, but that fell through.  spanos has been protecting marty, actually.

565759[/snapback]

You are right, I heard that as well.

oh, i think the talent was average and the coaching was average. in our division - with a sound miami team and NE team and well coached jets, we had no chance. saban is a mastermidn so is edwards and so is belechek. we got MM, who the hell is he? a motivator maybe.

good coaching makes teams in this league play each game with consistancy. i have seen LITTLE consistant play in 5 years now. it is like a good resturante. it is always dependable. ever order from dominos? sauce, crust, cheese, pepp is always different tasting.

good players are character guys. jeff burris, henry jones, kelso, seals, bently, pike, bailey. Levy always said "one cahracter guy will make a play" when it needs to be made. the 2005 bills had NO special players IMO. that is focused on when you loose, sure. but really, who are the special palyers? all pros anywhere? spikes is hurt. milloy is old as hell. shoebel is a stat lover for himself. losman is lost. mcgahee has the intellect of a small ant. evans was a 5 yr college player who palys in moulds shaddows and will not show the desire to force eric out - as he should.

TD got desparate. he called in teh maimi thugs to bring moxie and swagger aft failing with the midwest farm boy tacklers. now we got a horrible mix of "talent" levy will clean house and start with brick and mortar and then skin the skeleton. 2yrs we make the palyoffs. 2007

TD got desparate.  he called in teh maimi thugs to bring moxie and swagger aft failing with the midwest farm boy tacklers.  now we got a horrible mix of "talent"  levy will clean house and start with brick and mortar and then skin the skeleton.  2yrs we make the palyoffs. 2007

565780[/snapback]

This is inane. On what factual basis do you support your allegation that Willis, Roscoe, and Kevin are "thugs."

that's not the reason. he and a.j. smith don't get along, and smith doesn't think he has it in him to win the big game. there was some speculation in ny that he'd be "traded" to the jets for picks, but that fell through.  spanos has been protecting marty, actually.

Hmmm...considering AJ Smith is a good football guy, with a respected opinion, and ties to Marv, then why would Marty be coming here? Sounds like he couldn't get a recommendation from Smith. Coach Dickerson just throwing some stojan against the wall and seeing what sticks?

Marty (Cleveland) and Sam (Cinci) together again -- but on the same sideline . . . .

I like it.

I doubt that the Chargers would let him go.

Where does Dickerson get this from???

565785[/snapback]

I think A.J. Smith wants Wade Phillips as the head coach.

They wouldn'y have to do any other interviews, and they have a long history together.

Plus, Wade has been on the radar of a couple other teams as well

According to this person,  Chuck Dickerson was on the radio in Rochester this morning,  and says there is a good chance the Bills will be playing "Marty Ball"  next year.  Supposedly,  there has already been contact.

That doesn't make sense though,  since he is still coach of the Chargers.  I hope we wouldn't give up a draft pick for this guy.

565731[/snapback]

See my Post a week back that said its Jeff Fisher or Marty that will be next HC, interesting thing is both are currently employed so hopefully we wont be given a draft pick for Marty. Personnally I like Jeff F better.

Hmmm...considering AJ Smith is a good football guy, with a respected opinion, and ties to Marv, then why would Marty be coming here?  Sounds like he couldn't get a recommendation from Smith.  Coach Dickerson just throwing some stojan against the wall and seeing what sticks?

565791[/snapback]

Imagine that - a sh--head throwing sh-- against the wall. I can't understand why anyone would listen to a moron like dickerson, anyway.

565731[/snapback]

Not a phenominal coach, but better than Haslett, Cottrell, Sherman, or any of these other names I've been hearing lately. I'd give up a mid-round pick in a heartbeat. Yeah he's too conservative in big spots but he wins everywhere he goes.

i dont.  we couldn't beat pitt's backups in our yard last season and we had a better team then than we do now.

go figure...

565741[/snapback]

That is because we got out coached.....LeBeau knew exactly when we would

be calling run plays....and he knew when Jerry Gray would blitz.