ESPNEWS: Mularkey out?

soldier

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We really can only hope...Come on though Mularkey, EVERY SINGLE HEAD COACH faces criticism. Is it often too harsh and undeserved? You damn right...the media and NFL fans are arrogant dicks sometimes...but that is the same for every NFL team.

Okay...except for maybe in Jacksonville where the fans seem to be saying "Whoa, whoa...wait a second Buckaroo...we have a team here? Stop lying, we do not!"

Mularkeys family doesn't like the criticism he is taking.

Ralph and Marv are trying to talk him out of quiting.  All of this is according to Mort.

563262[/snapback]

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. :P

Even if he's voicing this concern internally at OBD, the fact that Mort's picked up on it neuter's his effectiveness as a leader, IMO. I'd eat his salary and wipe the slate clean.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.   :P

Even if he's voicing this concern internally at OBD, the fact that Mort's picked up on it neuter's his effectiveness as a leader, IMO.  I'd eat his salary and wipe the slate clean.

Cottrell for HC?

563268[/snapback]

Ralph was pretty cheap with his salary...wasnt it basically a million per year for 5 years?

Heck, Rian Lindell makes more than that.

They're supposedly in "closed door" meetings right now... but to me this has the markings of Marv back on the sidelines all over it.

563266[/snapback]

Just my opinion, but no way Marv is back on the sidelines regardless of whether MM is gone or not.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.  :P

Even if he's voicing this concern internally at OBD, the fact that Mort's picked up on it neuter's his effectiveness as a leader, IMO.  I'd eat his salary and wipe the slate clean.

563268[/snapback]

Yeah how in the world does this stuff leak out? Can't these guys hold meetings in private?

If this happens, PLEASE MARV, hir Kirk Ferentz

PLEEEEEEASE

563272[/snapback]

I heard there is no way that Ferentz would ever want to leave Iowa. Teams have contacted him already, and he's refused every interview, citing that he doesnt want to uproot his family. So methinks if Mularkey does quit (I doubt we'd be that lucky), Marv will be looking elsewhere...how about the Mooch?

Yeah how in the world does this stuff leak out? Can't these guys hold meetings in private?

563274[/snapback]

I bet it is MM (or people connected with him) who are leaking this. The guy was grinning from ear to ear last week. Perhaps, he does not like the criticism that he is receiving internally within the organization the past week.

I'd be somewhat suspect of this rumor. If he's decided to quit, why in the world would he blame it on his family? Even if that's the reason, he'd come up with some other more palatable excuse.

Bills | Mularkey to resign?

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:51:27 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Buffalo Bills head coach Mike Mularkey reportedly met with team president Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy Thursday, Jan. 12, about resigning from the head coaching post. The resignation is not forced, as Wilson and Levy are trying to convince him to stay.

Bills | Mularkey to resign?

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:51:27 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Buffalo Bills head coach Mike Mularkey reportedly met with team president Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy Thursday, Jan. 12, about resigning from the head coaching post. The resignation is not forced, as Wilson and Levy are trying to convince him to stay.

563292[/snapback]

So what OC or DC would want to work with him now??? :P

Jesus H. Christ...this is getting FUG'd up.

Maybe this leak is a face saving way to let Mularkey go. Perhaps Marv never really agreed with Ralph that MM should stay, and now he's getting rid of him. Saying it's because MM wants to go is face saving for both MM and Ralph

563298[/snapback]

oh the consipiracy theories we can come with. the possibilities are endless.

though this is a pretty good one, i'll give you that.

I'd be somewhat suspect of this rumor.  If he's decided to quit, why in the world would he blame it on his family?  Even if that's the reason, he'd come up with some other more palatable excuse.

563290[/snapback]

How much do you want to bet that the real disagreement is who will be hired as OC and DC.

Marv always said if your thinking about retirement (leaving) you already have...

School of Marv....101 I always remembered that and anytime I hear someone say their thinking about retirement I always think, they already have...Marv would be proud

Oh god...if Meathead 2.0 leaves the Bills, does that leave the door open for Meathead 1.0 to come in and take his place?

Ralph is a cheap bastard when it comes to hiring head coaches...he could EASILY see Mike Tice as the best available (and cheapest) HC canidate.

563306[/snapback]

now that's scary.

Marv always said if your thinking about retirement (leaving) you already have...

School of Marv....101  I always remembered that and anytime I hear someone say their thinking about retirement I always think, they already have...Marv would be proud

563303[/snapback]

I'm 24 and have been retired since I was 16...if you go by this line of thought

Oh god...if Meathead 2.0 leaves the Bills, does that leave the door open for Meathead 1.0 to come in and take his place?

Ralph is a cheap bastard when it comes to hiring head coaches...he could EASILY see Mike Tice as the best available (and cheapest) HC canidate.

563306[/snapback]

If that retard becomes the Bills coach, as much as I would hate to say it, I would consider not watching... :P