Let's talk NFL Draft

Just saw on ESPN that he is staying for his senior year.  I'm actually surprised.

563021[/snapback]

That other Bush guy (I think his name is Reggie?) is going to have his press conference in a few minutes (1:30pm, I think) to announce if he'll declare for the draft or not.

Gee; I wonder if he will....

That other Bush guy (I think his name is Reggie?) is going to have his press conference in a few minutes (1:30pm, I think) to  announce if he'll declare for the draft or not. 

Gee; I wonder if he will....

563024[/snapback]

I hope he doesn't do that goofy nfl hat in one hand, USC in the other, thing.

I like that mock.  Don't know if Watson will be around for a third round pick.  If he is, I'd say take him!   He's more of what we need:  a 2 gap run stuffer.  I keep seeing people say take Rodrique Wright or Claude Wroten.  While they are very talented tackles, we need a run stuffer more than another athletic tackle that can rush from the inside.  Watson is a better fit for that need than either Wroten or Wright.  Jacobs is an intriguing pick.  I'd think that Watson would be more of a priority than Jacobs in the 2nd, but if Jacobs were available w/ an early 3rd, why not?  Devin Hester?  NO WAY, especially for a third!  The guy regressed horribly this year, and I'd steer clear of him.

562961[/snapback]

Incase you missed it Claude Wroten got arrested earlier this month for drug charges.. Most likely dropping his draft status. In terms of Watson, I"m hoping against hope he falls to us in the 2nd, as targetting Eric Winston as our top pick as things stand now. Yet I think if Watson does fall to Round 2, I don't see him getting past Green Bay.

"Claude Wroten got arrested earlier this month for drug charges..

563068[/snapback]

From the info in your USA/Today link, I gotta like what his Dad said: :P

"He could not be reached for comment. His father, Claude Wroten Sr., answered the phone at the family's home in Bastrop on Thursday.

"I believe he was set up because Claude is not a drug dealer," the elder Wroten said in an interview with The Associated Press. "But that's what happens when kids don't listen to their parents."

Wroten's father said he and his wife had been discussing their son's future with an agent, whom he wouldn't name, but Claude Jr. decided to go his own way. "He was talking to some fellow in New York who opened his eyes so wide," he said. "When he started making his own decisions, this is what happened."

True... but I think I said 3 of the first 5 picks, not two.

563030[/snapback]

In 1977, USC produced 3 picks taken in the top 5. RB Ricky Bell went 1st overall, OT Marvin Powell went 4th overall and DT Gary Jeter went 5th overall. I don't recall however one college producing three picks on one side of the ball taken in the top 5 and don't expect it this year either, as Bush and Leinart are top 5, White to me is a top 15 maybe 20 talent.

3.) With McGahee's lack of Marv's "character" and coming off a poor season, what would you guys think if we drafted a RB in the first day?

562880[/snapback]

What character issues does Willis McGahee have? Did he do or say something bad that I missed? With McGahee getting 1200 yards behind our JV line, this guy deserves better than this. Bills fans need to step off this "no character" garbage already.

What character issues does Willis McGahee have? Did he do or say something bad that I missed? With McGahee getting 1200 yards behind our JV line, this guy deserves better than this. Bills fans need to step off this "no character" garbage already.

563098[/snapback]

Very well said.

563098[/snapback]

Exactly. Aside from one occasion on which he took himself out on 3rd down because he was winded, I can't remember anything he has done to cause so many fans to turn on him and label him a problem child. If memory serves, he ran for over 100 yards in the last game of the season. Do guys who have given up make that sort of effort?

This is a REAL deep RB class. We may be able to get him in the 2nd. I list it like this:

Reggie Bush

DeAngelo Williams

Lendale White

Laurence Maroney

Michael Bush (if he comes out, decision later today)

Brian Callhoun

Joseph Addai (sp?)

Maurice Drew

562941[/snapback]

you can cross off M. Bush, he is staying. Maurice Drew projects as more of a scatback/3rd down back/ kick returner than an every down RB in the NFL. He is only 5'8". I would put Jerome Harrison (WSU) onto that list...he is very good -- beat out LenDale White for 1st team PAC-10 honors.

563098[/snapback]

He doesn't have character issues like Marcus Vick or anything.

He just doesn't have any real passion for the game. He is a great talent, but he doesn't really care. All one has to do is listen to him talk to figure that out. It doesn't matter what's going on to him. If we're winning or losing, as long as he gets his carries; he doesn't care. He said it himself.

And that's exactly the type of thing Marv is talking about when he came in. We don't have any criminals or murderers. We have a lot of people who are just in it for the money. And it's not like i'm the only one who's saying this.

Look, i'm a Willis McGahee fan. Hell, i'm wearing his jersey as we speak. I don't want to see the guy go and when I talk about getting another RB, i'm not looking for his replacement. Quite frankly, we're pretty slim at RB. And you can't say that he was dominant this season. Do you really want to go into next year with Shuad Williams running all the time again?

The fact is, his contract is up after next season and I seriously question whether or not he wants to be here.

Why?

prove it.

563191[/snapback]

It is clear that you just have an anti-Cane bias. They are no better or worse (in terms of character) than any other major college program.

Your assertion is kind of like saying that the Bills are a bunch of murderers because one player was accused of killing his wife. It also is kind of like saying the Bills are bunch of child molesters because TH had sex with an under age girl.

That is why the post was BS. For example, should we say that Ohio State is made up of a bunch of classless thugs because of Maurice Clarett's antics?

back in the day I believe Simeon Rice went 2 to Arizona and then Kevin Hardy went 3 to Jacksonville both out of Illinois.

As for Miami, are you kidding me yes they have low character players. Some idiot from Miami with his teammates recently made a rap song about raping women and doin drugs and stuff like that how stupid is that?

back in the day I believe Simeon Rice went 2 to Arizona and then Kevin Hardy went 3 to Jacksonville both out of Illinois.

As for Miami, are you kidding me yes they have low character players. Some idiot from Miami with his teammates recently made a rap song about raping women and doin drugs and stuff like that how stupid is that?

563283[/snapback]

Have you actually heard the song?

He doesn't have character issues like Marcus Vick or anything.

He just doesn't have any real passion for the game. He is a great talent, but he doesn't really care. All one has to do is listen to him talk to figure that out. It doesn't matter what's going on to him. If we're winning or losing, as long as he gets his carries; he doesn't care. He said it himself.

And that's exactly the type of thing Marv is talking about when he came in. We don't have any criminals or murderers. We have a lot of people who are just in it for the money. And it's not like i'm the only one who's saying this.

Look, i'm a Willis McGahee fan. Hell, i'm wearing his jersey as we speak. I don't want to see the guy go and when I talk about getting another RB, i'm not looking for his replacement. Quite frankly, we're pretty slim at RB. And you can't say that he was dominant this season. Do you really want to go into next year with Shuad Williams running all the time again?

The fact is, his contract is up after next season and I seriously question whether or not he wants to be here.

563190[/snapback]

McGahee has 2 years left on his contract. But hey, why let facts get in the way?