SDS

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: 

Still can't believe the Giants wanted him as HC.... :doh:

559036[/snapback]

He's better than Mularkey. I guarantee he'd somehow have gotten the Bills back to the playoffs.

That said, I am not a fan of him and today was very disappointing but not shocking cause I expected it. Carolina was the worst possible match-up for them due to what they had in personnel and John Fox.

The sad aspect: Coughlin and his coaches never adjusted at half time and gave up on establishing Barber too quickly down 10 points. That begs questioning. He ran only 13 times. They panicked as did Eli. It was just an awful day all around.

Any Giant fan who actually bought into the hype should have realized this would happen. Especially without Antonio Pierce and Carlos Emmons to anchor the LB. They overachieved this year.

He's better than Mularkey. I guarantee he'd somehow have gotten the Bills back to the playoffs.

That said, I am not a fan of him and today was very disappointing but not shocking cause I expected it. Carolina was the worst possible match-up for them due to what they had in personnel and John Fox.

The sad aspect: Coughlin and his coaches never adjusted at half time and gave up on establishing Barber too quickly down 10 points. That begs questioning. He ran only 13 times. They panicked as did Eli. It was just an awful day all around.

Any Giant fan who actually bought into the hype should have realized this would happen. Especially without Antonio Pierce and Carlos Emmons to anchor the LB. They overachieved this year.

559590[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic.... no one wanted him here, but me and a few others.

I remember that. I was with you all the way... back then he used to refer to turnovers as a "disease"

I was being sarcastic.... no one wanted him here, but me and a few others.

559593[/snapback]

I find it interesting that "The Franchise" played a poorer game than anything we've seen out of Losman despite having nearly two full years of NFL starting experience. I guess the Giants should give up on him. :doh:

I think it just goes to show how hard it is to evaluate any aspect of a team in isolation. The NY Giants were absolutely killed on Saturday by a defense that was starting a bunch of LB's from off the street, and a CB off the street (Terrell Buckley) whom they were trying to man-up with Steve Smith. [O.k., bad example, manning-up Buckley with Steve Smith *is* bad coaching - I'd fear for any team that hires Tim Lewis as a HC.] Moreover, Eli Manning was positively *brutal* today. Tom Coughlin might have a real coach-killer on his hands. Eli Manning is too high-profile to bench, and for the time being likes way too bad to be consistently successful with. Sure, they had a great run this year winning the second-toughest division in football, but nothing takes the shine off of a season like getting shutout *at home* in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, let's consider Marvin Lewis - whom many people have skewered Tom Donahoe for not hiring. Yet the story of Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati is hitting the lottery with Carson Palmer, and several years later still not having the defense fixed. I still think that Carson Palmer wins the shootout on Sunday if he stays healthy, but the moral of the story remains, that three years later Marvin Lewis still doesn't have that defense fixed. Moreover, if Eli Manning comes out a year early and Cincinnati drafts him instead of Carson Palmer, then I think that there is no way that Marvin Lewis is looking like such a slam-dunk choice. In fact, Marvin Lewis' job might be in jeopardy..... Funny game that football......

JDG

I find it interesting that "The Franchise" played a poorer game than anything we've seen out of Losman despite having nearly two full years of NFL starting experience.  I guess the Giants should give up on him.  :doh:

559681[/snapback]

When Losman actually wins more than a couple of games, maybe then we can start making comparisons to Manning.

Just like MM to panick being down by 10 points EARLY in the game.  There was no need to give up on the run and your best offensive player.  Manning is not that player yet.

559636[/snapback]

I don't think it was a matter of giving up on the run too early. They just couldn't move the ball to pick up first downs to have that many plays. Sure Barber only had 13 rushes but Manning only had 18 throws (Foster almost had as many carries as the Giants ran offensive plays). While that's not exactly ballance it's not tipped that far for a team that was behind most of the day.

When Losman actually wins more than a couple of games, maybe then we can start making comparisons to Manning.

559877[/snapback]

Similarly, when Losman is given the chance to start and finish 20+ games in the league, then we can realistically look at whether or not it's appropriate to label him a "bust."

I find it interesting that "The Franchise" played a poorer game than anything we've seen out of Losman despite having nearly two full years of NFL starting experience.  I guess the Giants should give up on him.  :doh:

559681[/snapback]

I take it you missed the New England game?

Eli Manning vs. Carolina:

10 of 18 (56%) for 133 yards, 3 INT, 35.0 Rating, 4 sacks for 22 yards

Losman @ New England

10 of 27!!!! (37%!!!!) for 181 yards, 3 INT, 33.6 Rating, 2 sacks for 12 yards

And lest you accuse me of cherry-picking, Losman threw for a lower completion percentage than Manning did on Sunday on five occasions; for fewer passing yards on three occasions; for a lower passer rating on three occasions; has been sacked more than 4 times on two occasions; and was sacked for more yards on five occasions!

Few people are ready to give up on Losman - but the very, very, very, scary truth is that as bad as Eli Manning was on Sunday, Losman has been worse.

JDG