Rejoice!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think simon's point is that the cure may be worse than the disease.

553341[/snapback]

I thought Ralph was embarrassed to have that sign story in the national media. I didnt take it that he was pandering to the morons I think he was stating that it was embarrassing to HIS franchise.

Well we just dumped a very good football man so that a mentally-imbalanced, drug-addled, octagenarian meddler could assert himself by kowtowing to the most moronic fringe of what is becoming a pathetic fan base.

Yeah, I'd say we're in pretty fu(king big trouble.

553320[/snapback]

By the sound of it - he resigned. Unless Ralph was just being kind to him (I doubt it since that info came as a question).

Wah.

Pretty ironic coming from somebody who does more crying on this board in 1 day than I have in 5 years.

Don't you think that he made a ton of stupid moves that are truly impossible to defend?

No, I don't think he made a "ton of stupid moves". I do think you're constant ragging on his drafts is wrong because you've never bothered to compare them to other teams' drafts over teh same period; and I think your constant Roscoe Parrish jokes got old many moons ago. I didn't like every thing he did, but nobody is perfect and I don't see the Bills suddenly finding somebody who will be an improvement. This was a stupid firing to placate whiny people and which has done nothing more than weaken this franchise.

I hated the Bledsoe move.

I hated watching Pat Williams walk.

I think Bennie Anderson was a bad signing.

I think Tom Clement is a better QB coach than a coordiinator.

I think Jerry Gray is a failure.

But guess what?

I have hope for Losman.

We have picks and money to address the DT and OL positions.

Gray and Clements are both out of here.

So instead of leting an historically succesfully football guy adress these issues, we've now got an idiot owner whos more concerned with his Q rating and his pharmaceuticals in charge. This is not likely to end well.

Ahhhhhh, feels so good to be back, I kind of missed Simon's anger.

Welcome back Malta. I'm just getting warmed up. :)

Simon, your point is well taken, but TD was a failure in Buffalo. He failed to do the exact things that he was great at in Pittsburgh.

Don't you think that he made a ton of stupid moves that are truly impossible to defend?

553334[/snapback]

what he failed to do was execute the very plan he put in place.

He stated he wanted to be a blue collar team that would commit to the run and play tough defense.

However, he consistently got side tracked by sexy alternatives.

1. Gregg Williams- should have been fired in middle of year 3 to try to salvage season. TD committed to him then, but then fired him at year end to appease the fans. The team played hard for Williams down the stretch. GW should not have been fired for Mullarkey.

2. Mullarkey is and always has been a gimmicky coach who also favors the pass more than the run. Poor choice to build a smash mouth team.

3. OL- TD continually rotated in new blood but very little proven production in the run and pass game. In fact, the OL that TD assembed did not match the playcalling and play design of his coach. When healthy, Fat Mike played pretty good last year, but MM still failed to run consistently behind him.

4. Drew Bledsoe is a pocket QB who could not exist behind an OL built to run block.

5. Roscoe Parrish- midget WR

etc.

Well we just dumped a very good football man so that a mentally-imbalanced, drug-addled, octagenarian meddler could assert himself by kowtowing to the most moronic fringe of what is becoming a pathetic fan base.

553320[/snapback]

Simon I usually respect what you say but you are a tad over the line today. TD was given every opportunity to succeed here in Buffalo. He was named GM and President and given broad powers in the running of the organization. After 5 years with no playoff appearences and a losing record the team decided to go in a different direction. He did many good things in his tenure with the team and is a hard working and decent man. However, in his tenure we have never risen above mediocrity. Given the degree of power/oversay he had why is it unreasonable that he should be held accountable for the lack of success of the organization?

You think RW is a meddler? What about Snyder, Jones, Al Davis to name but a few. All these owners have run off good coaches/GM's for lesser reasons than ol Ralph.

As for your calling the Bills fan base pathetic. While there are some loonies in the fold, most of us have supported this team through thick and thin, and believe me there have been more lean years than not. We consistently sell out the Stadium even though we have been playing dissapointing football more often than not. After 6 years of not making the playoffs, the fans have every reason to be fed up with the status quo.

Given the degree of power/oversay he had why is it unreasonable that he should be held accountable for the lack of success of the organization?

553420[/snapback]

I don't think it's unreasonable. What I do think is unreasonable is to fire a guy because a bunch of dipshlt fans were squealing, when there are no immediate prospects for hiring anyone who would be an improvement. It's a step backwards and I don't see two steps forward anywhere in the near future.

You think RW is a meddler? What about Snyder, Jones, Al Davis to name but a few. All these owners have run off good coaches/GM's for lesser reasons than ol Ralph.

Sorry but comparing Ralph to that pack of self-interested yahoos does not make me feel any better about him.

As for your calling the Bills fan base pathetic. While there are some loonies in the fold, most of us have supported this team through thick and thin

I don't live in the area so I can only go on what I see here. And what I've seen here over the last couple years has been nothing short of pathetic.

2. Mullarkey is and always has been a gimmicky coach who also favors the pass more than the run. Poor choice to build a smash mouth team.

I see you're still ignoring the FACT that more often than not Mularkey's teams have been at or near the top of the league in rushing attempts.

I can't decide whether you're a moron or an assho1e. I'm leaning toward both.

I don't think it's unreasonable. What I do think is unreasonable is to fire a guy because a bunch of dipshlt fans were squealing, when there are no immediate prospects for hiring anyone who would be an improvement. It's a step backwards and I don't see two steps forward anywhere in the near future.

553459[/snapback]

I usually agree with you but this is one of those times I don't. I really don't think this is a move to placate the angry fans. As is obvious, RW had 3/4th of one foot in the grave 5 years back and hoped that TD would build a SB-worthy team. Given that RW's other foot is wandering towards the proverbial grave, he was in no mood to give TD any more time. He is a business man, agreed, but after having made a bunch of money and close to the end, every man thinks of leaving behind a legacy. I bet there is nothing more RW would value right now than a SB appearance or victory. After all, RW is a fan of his own team also. Unlike the rest of us who can only B word and whine, he can hold his minions accountable and do something about it.

553320[/snapback]

And so there are no other good football men out there? I know what you're saying, the Devil you know is better than the one you don't...however. What is pretty big trouble? 4-12? 3-13? Your response is witty, but not accurate IMHO. We were 5-11 this year, and now (hopefully) the O-line will be addressed better than Bennie Anderson and Gandy.

Yeah, the Buffalo fan base is the most horrible inb the league. Right after Green Bay :)

No, I don't think he made a "ton of stupid moves". I do think you're constant ragging on his drafts is wrong because you've never bothered to compare them to other teams' drafts over teh same period; and I think your constant Roscoe Parrish jokes got old many moons ago. I didn't like every thing he did, but nobody is perfect and I don't see the Bills suddenly finding somebody who will be an improvement. This was a stupid firing to placate whiny people and which has done nothing more than weaken this franchise.

I hated the Bledsoe move.

I hated watching Pat Williams walk.

I think Bennie Anderson was a bad signing.

I think Tom Clement is a better QB coach than a coordiinator.

I think Jerry Gray is a failure.

But guess what?

I have hope for Losman.

We have picks and money to address the DT and OL positions.

Gray and Clements are both out of here.

So instead of leting an historically succesfully football guy adress these issues, we've now got an idiot owner whos more concerned with his Q rating and his pharmaceuticals in charge. This is not likely to end well.

553381[/snapback]

OK, you think that his drafts even approach adequate? Let's take a look....

TD has had 42 draft selections in 5 years. Here are the good ones....

McGee: A literally great pick.

Clements: Very good pick.

Schobel: Very good pick.

Evans: Good pick.

Crowell: Good pick.

MaGahee: Good choice, but we had to wait more than a year and forego other needs.

Jennings: Good pick but he wasn't locked up early.

You want to count JP as a good pick? Considering what we gave up for him, he will have to produce a ton. Hope as you will but it is a coin toss at best.

The other 35 picks range from marginal (Aiken is good on STs) to franchise crippling (Mike Williams).

In a way, you are preaching to the choir. I am not thrilled by the prospect of 2 men in their 80s running this football team, but I maintain my stance that TD, proven football man that he is, was a failure in Buffalo.

Ralph owns the team and that's really the problem.  Those of you who wished for this day should think about that old saying.  Watch out what you wish for...

553717[/snapback]

sure and lets not get jp hurt for the offseason :huh: