Mort is reporting

MDH

Wilson, Marv, Modrak... who is gonna play Blanche Devereux's character?

552114[/snapback]

First of all it's a little scary that you know the full name!! But I think Carl Mauch would play a great Blache.

Second, what the heck is with all the Churchill quotes!! He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Third, Marv should be pretty good in a team president role. He is 77, but his mind is still sharp and he knows football.

Fourth, unfortunately this is what place the Bills will finish in 2006....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK OK Settle down folks  ( I do like the AARP stadium idea), This might not be too bad, Marv is not going to run the football operations he is going to be Ralphs eyes and ears, he is the guy Ralph trust, and knows will give him the straight poop.  Marv will help Modrak and Mularky in selcting new coaches, free agents and retention of some current Bills.  Modrak is going to run the player side, Overdorf is going to run the cap, Brandon is going to run the "business",  Mularky is going to coach and Marv will provide the glue or denture grip if you will. 

552159[/snapback]

Exactly. The big key is Modrak, not Marv. Marv will make sure the trains run on time and Modrak will, hopefully, repeat the success he had in Philly in building the team through the draft.

What if.....

Marv is given the job just to keep fans in the seats, and to evaluate the staff and personnel?

Who cares if....

Modrak pulls the strings on the draft. He did it under TD.

What if....

It works and the Bills win the SB.

Imagine that!

How is Marv "running the draft," other than to make sure all the work gets done and consensus is reached between the coaching and scouting departments on the guys they're targeting?

552229[/snapback]

Who says there has to be a consensus? Do you think that men such as Krumrie or McNally were in favor of drafting Parrish?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking that the GM (or perhaps a meddling owner) has the final say on draft day.

Who says there has to be a consensus? Do you think that men such as Krumrie or McNally were in favor of drafting Parrish?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking that the GM (or perhaps a meddling owner) has the final say on draft day.

552252[/snapback]

I'm thinking that the HC, the GM and the player perssonel guy have to be on the same page, with the position coaches making the case for the guys they want. That's how it worked in the Polian/Butler era and appears to have not been the case in the TD era.

Since all you posters that are bashing the decision for Marv why dont you all apply since you guys seem to know it all. I like the decision my self and I think that Marv will bring stability to the organization. Always such negativity. Some of you think you know everything. My gosh get a grip...I think people in the business might know a thing or two over us all. I think Marv has a better idea of what this team needs and can look at footage of players more than we can.

Marv's ONLY weakness while he was HC of the Bills was his ability to make adjustments on gameday. Otherwise, he was a magnificent motivator, organizer, administrator, and judge of talent.

If this rumor is true, what is there possibly not to like?

Since all you posters that are bashing the decision for Marv why dont you all apply since you guys seem to know it all. I like the decision my self and I think that Marv will bring stability to the organization. Always such negativity. Some of you think you know everything. My gosh get a grip...I think people in the business might know a thing or two over us all. I think Marv has a better idea of what this team needs and can look at footage of players more than we can.

552317[/snapback]

Agreed. Go Gowanda!

I like the move IF it's true.

PC is 2:30pm now? Marv is going to miss the early bird special. Seriously, I have come to the conclusion that no matter who RW hires, people will find fault with it just to have something to talk about. Marv can't do any worse than TD did. At least, Marv can get this thing going in the right direction.

I also predict that Marv will be back on the sideline by October. As soon as RW realizes the big mistake he made in keeping Mularkey (I'm guessing sometime in late September when the Bills are 1-3 or 1-4 again), Levy will assume the head coaching duties. This time he will be the head coach until he is 90 and win a few Super Bowls along the way.

Marv's ONLY weakness while he was HC of the Bills was his ability to make adjustments on gameday.  Otherwise, he was a magnificent motivator, organizer, administrator, and judge of talent.

If this rumor is true, what is there possibly not to like?

552354[/snapback]

nothing - it's a good move on all accounts.

I also predict that Marv will be back on the sideline by October. As soon as RW realizes the big mistake he made in keeping Mularkey (I'm guessing sometime in late September when the Bills are 1-3 or 1-4 again), Levy will assume the head coaching duties. This time he will be the head coach until he is 90 and win a few Super Bowls along the way.

552378[/snapback]

Hmmm......Marv worked for the Bills as a pre-season game analyst during Bullough's last days. And was promortted to head coach mid season, not a bad insurance policy.

1:09pm - The "eat crow" crowd will start in.

552065[/snapback]

I don't think there's an "eat crow" crowd coming here.at all.. more like an "extremely pissed off" crowd, and with good reason.

hope I'm wrong. :pirate:

FA starts 3/3... 8 weeks... :pirate:

552449[/snapback]

Modrak will be handling that with Marv IMO and Mularkey.

You guys are all friggin whiners. Go back to bed. This is the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time. What you guys dont think that a organized person like Marv wont bring stability to that lockeroom or franchise?