Mort is reporting

MDH

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This only makes sense to me when it comes to hiring a new coach. I think Marv would be an excellent choice to pick out some good coaches. He always hired pretty sharp assisstants in his day. He is a Dean of the coaching fraternity and I think that a lot of coaches out there would like the idea of Marv, another coach, being their boss. It doesn't make sense to me though if we are keeping MM and most or all of the asst.'s.

I also think Marv could probably talk guys like Sam Adams and Moulds into staying.

One thing is for sure, we will be drafting CB's. That is the Levy way, he can never have enough corners.

be careful what you wish for....

552093[/snapback]

Agreed Scott. I think that many forget that at the end, Levy was standing on the sidelines, screaming incoherently. Mauck would be next to him, cursing at the refs while the DEFENSE was on the field. Levy imo had lost control.

He has been out of football for a decade, and now he is going to run the draft in 3 months? Ouch.

As for Modrak, one can only hope that it was TD, and not him who was responsible for our awful drafts. I am thinking this to be the case, whereas TD was said to be a control freak.

I think they should look into hiring Preston Brooks.  He was the guy who cane-whipped Charles Sumner on the Senate floor in 1857.

552135[/snapback]

Not to get the thread off topic but Brooks actually beat Sumner in an empty Senate chamber after adjournment not on the Senate floor.

OK OK OK Settle down folks ( I do like the AARP stadium idea), This might not be too bad, Marv is not going to run the football operations he is going to be Ralphs eyes and ears, he is the guy Ralph trust, and knows will give him the straight poop. Marv will help Modrak and Mularky in selcting new coaches, free agents and retention of some current Bills. Modrak is going to run the player side, Overdorf is going to run the cap, Brandon is going to run the "business", Mularky is going to coach and Marv will provide the glue or denture grip if you will. It's good for PR purposes, gives the average fan a soft warm and fuzzy feeling, allowing them to remember the good ol days and gives Ralph the confindence that a "friend" is at One Bills Drive.

This is not MY ideal set up, but it certainly is not the worst.

:pirate:

552109[/snapback]

wade phillips wasn't so bad. either was dehaven. bresnahan was a great offensive line coach (not so great an offensive coordinator, but a lot of that was kelly). of course there's marchibroda too.

i know i'm pretty much alone on this, but i'm also a big fan of dan henning, who didn't get a fair shake here because of the dearth of talent (he was here for only one year). he's proven to be quite able since he left the bills.

Agreed Scott. I think that many forget that at the end, Levy was standing on the sidelines, screaming incoherently. Mauck would be next to him, cursing at the refs while the DEFENSE was on the field. Levy imo had lost control.

He has been out of football for a decade, and now he is going to run the draft in 3 months? Ouch.

As for Modrak, one can only hope that it was TD, and not him who was responsible for our awful drafts. I am thinking this to be the case, whereas TD was said to be a control freak.

552125[/snapback]

??

2003 was an excellent draft -- mcgahee, kelsay, crowell, and mcgee were the first 4 picks!!

in 04, they drafted evans and losman, who the jury is still out on. tim anderson actually got better as the season went on, and he may be a decent contributor in years to come.

??

2003 was an excellent draft -- mcgahee, kelsay, crowell, and mcgee were the first 4 picks!!

in 04, they drafted evans and losman, who the jury is still out on. tim anderson actually got better as the season went on, and he may be a decent contributor in years to come.

552188[/snapback]

2001 was very good. 2003 was good. The other 3 ranged from sketchy to painfully bad. Are you satisfied with this?