John Clayton reporting on MM

Bflojohn

My problem with the packages is when he has Sam Aiken in there instead of Eric Moulds in the middle of the game and then runs the ball every single play when there are Islamic guys with hoods over their head in secret prisons in outer Fukkistan that know we're going to run because Sam Aiken is a good blocker for a WR.

550866[/snapback]

My personal favorite is the Shaud Williams package on 3rd and less than 7. Particularly with Holcomb at QB. There's at least a 75% chance that a pass equal to half the yardgae required will be thrown on the play. 3rd and 4, we throw for 2, 3rd and 6 we throw for 3. It's completely frustrating.

BTW, though this isn't the thread for it, what would Holcomb's rating be if we eliminated all his completions on 3rd down that were short of the line to gain that led to punts. Not to mention all the other 2 yard completions we make. Holcomb is the WCO taken to extreme levels. Sometimes you HAVE TO THROW IT INTO COVERAGE TO MAKE THE FIRST DOWN KELLY... B-)

What did he have last week, something like 22 completions for 175 yards...8 yards per completion? Good QBs average 8 yards an ATTEMPT.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some food for thought:

Maybe Mularkey knows that he is a "no win" situation in Buffalo at this point. There are 6-9 other jobs opening up...remember, the Oakland Raiders wanted Mularkey, when we got him...maybe he has a lead on a job somewhere else?

This season has flamed out so badly, worst than I think anyone could have imagined, even if Mularkey's coaching abilities were not in question, it would be pretty difficult for him to coach here again next year, under these circumstances...

My personal favorite is the Shaud Williams package on 3rd and less than 7.  Particularly with Holcomb at QB.  There's at least a 75% chance that a pass equal to half the yardgae required will be thrown on the play.  3rd and 4, we throw for 2, 3rd and 6 we throw for 3.  It's completely frustrating.

BTW, though this isn't the thread for it, what would Holcomb's rating be if we eliminated all his completions on 3rd down that were short of the line to gain that led to punts.  Not to mention all the other 2 yard completions we make.  Holcomb is the WCO taken to extreme levels.  Sometimes you HAVE TO THROW IT INTO COVERAGE TO MAKE THE FIRST DOWN KELLY... B-)

What did he have last week, something like 22 completions for 175 yards...8 yards per completion?  Good QBs average 8 yards an ATTEMPT.

550875[/snapback]

I dont think that is Mularkey's fault, I think KH throws to the #3 and #4 option who is short of the first down.

I don't get it. Can't Ralph just fire the asst.'s himself? Why does he need MM to do it? If he wants them gone and MM refuses to fire them then he should fire them himself. All MM could do then is to resign or stay. If he resigns, Ralph doesn't have to pay him the rest of the contract.

I don't get it.  Can't Ralph just fire the asst.'s himself?  Why does he need MM to do it?  If he wants them gone and MM refuses to fire them then he should fire them himself.  All MM could do then is to resign or stay.  If he resigns, Ralph doesn't have to pay him the rest of the contract.

550889[/snapback]

Your absolutely right...what a sad, dysfunctional team this has become, again! B-)

I don't get it.  Can't Ralph just fire the asst.'s himself?  Why does he need MM to do it?  If he wants them gone and MM refuses to fire them then he should fire them himself.  All MM could do then is to resign or stay.  If he resigns, Ralph doesn't have to pay him the rest of the contract.

550889[/snapback]

It may be all just window dressing, but you don't want the perception around the league that your owner chooses assistants for their coaches, or even that GMs do. Even though it happens all the time.

It may be all just window dressing, but you don't want the perception around the league that your owner chooses assistants for their coaches, or even that GMs do. Even though it happens all the time.

550902[/snapback]

ay ya yai... here we go again.

Dump all the assistant coaches & let the new coach pick his own staff-no strings attached. The fact that Mularkey was willing to keep Jerry Gray & his whole staff after LeBeau chose Pittsburgh over Buffalo was a good indication that we had hired a lightweight as our new coach 2 years ago. Then that lightweight decided to bring in his own strength & conditioning coach and you can see the results when you compare this year's Bills to this year's Bears in the conditioning department.

It's ridiculous.  B-) If MM ends up staying, I hope Ralph gets hammered by open questions at the PC.

550905[/snapback]

Just a hunch, but I believe that Ralph will do what it takes to build an "all-star" front office and coaching staff before the super bowl. This week could seal his ballot in canton.

Just a hunch, but I believe that Ralph will do what it takes to build an "all-star" front office and coaching staff before the super bowl. 

550911[/snapback]

I thought we had the "all star" lineup...

Donahoe

Modrak

Guy

Mularkey

Clements

Gray

Krumrie

McNally

B-)

550889[/snapback]

He can...just like the CEO of my company can fire me.

But it's a lot better for everyone if he doesn't go behind my boss's back about it, and follows the chain of command.

I can't see Modrak picking up the phone on a bathroom break and calling TD.  This whole "story" is bizarre.

550892[/snapback]

I can absolutley see it...I still see no reason to believe that Tom Modrak will take the Bills GM job. Everything I have ever read about the guy makes it sound like he is a little hot headed, and maybe a little unpredictable...he may feel more loyalty to TD (gave him a cushy work at home job) than to Ralph...I found RW's "I will be involved in the draft, and I don't want to be condescnded to" comments kind of curious. Not unlike the nastiness that ended the John Butler era..