John Clayton reporting on MM

Bflojohn

Mr. Clayton on NFL Live, ESPN, is reporting that meetings with Modrak and Mularkey are NOT going well and as a result, MM is now on shaky ground! The sticking point is with Assistant Coaches. Tom Donahoe, by the way, is NOT a part of these talks. It's looking like MM is holding firm with his staff. Isn't that awfully like Wade Phillips? Seems that way....

Mr. Clayton is reporting that meetings with Modrak and Mularkey are NOT going well and as a result, MM is now on shaky ground! The sticking point is with Assistant Coaches. Tom Donahoe, by the way, is NOT a part of these talks. It's looking like MM is holding firm with his staff. Isn't that awfully like Wade Phillips? Seems that way....

550716[/snapback]

Adios Mularkey.

Mr. Clayton is reporting that meetings with Modrak and Mularkey are NOT going well and as a result, MM is now on shaky ground! The sticking point is with Assistant Coaches. Tom Donahoe, by the way, is NOT a part of these talks. It's looking like MM is holding firm with his staff. Isn't that awfully like Wade Phillips? Seems that way....

550716[/snapback]

he may want to get fired.

that's how ralph gets 'em to leave, by the way. marv wouldn't serve up henning, and wade wouldn't serve up ronnie jones. ralph had demanded their heads on platters.

Mr. Clayton on NFL Live, ESPN, is reporting that meetings with Modrak and Mularkey are NOT going well and as a result, MM is now on shaky ground! The sticking point is with Assistant Coaches. Tom Donahoe, by the way, is NOT a part of these talks. It's looking like MM is holding firm with his staff. Isn't that awfully like Wade Phillips? Seems that way....

550716[/snapback]

Sounds like Wade Philips, redux.

And WTF, is Clayton hiding under a table in the room or something?

MM knows that if Ralph fires him he gets paid the last three years of his contract. It's not loyalty to his guys so much as it's loyalty to the almighty dollar.

Question. Does Ralph have control over the assistants? Can he just fire them or does MM have to do it? Seems like since Ralph signs the checks he can do whatever he wants. Unless MM has something in his contract giving him control over hiring and firing his assistants.

Well, the coaches are under contract individually...I can't see Wilson canning April after our ST the last 2 years, but I can see McNally going, along with everyone else. What have you done for me lately....

BTW, any incoming regime would have a really hard time selling anyone that ANY ST coach they can bring in is better than April given the back to back #1 ratings.

That's fine with me.  Who, besides April and McNally (at the very least, because there's no one better available) is worth keeping?

550729[/snapback]

This just popped into my head...but Ralph may harbor ill will against Wyche for the perceived overhype of JP.....Wyche instead of being a good choice for OC may actually be Mularkey's Waterloo....I am not saying its right-but Wyche may have said something to the effect of "We can win with the kid this year". then the season craps and Ralph wants Sam banished to South Carolina...ohhhhh man....

That's fine with me.  Who, besides April and McNally (at the very least, because there's no one better available) is worth keeping?

550729[/snapback]

Guys I would like to see stay:

April

Wyche

Krumrie

McNally

Tolbert

Blackmon

Szabo

Well, the coaches are under contract individually...I can't see Wilson canning April after our ST the last 2 years, but I can see McNally going, along with everyone else.  What have you done for me lately....

BTW, any incoming regime would have a really hard time selling anyone that ANY ST coach they can bring in is better than April given the back to back #1 ratings.

550743[/snapback]

Ha Ha, I just read my own post and remembered that this is the team who fired Bruce DeHaven to bring in Ronnie Jones...nevermind....

This just popped into my head...but Ralph may harbor ill will against Wyche for the perceived overhype of JP.....Wyche instead of being a good choice for OC may actually be Mularkey's Waterloo....I am not saying its right-but Wyche may have said something to the effect of "We can win with the kid this year"....ohhhhh man....

Ooops, forgot to add Wyche to the above. I don't know if I'd get rid of him, but he's a friend of Mularkey's...

This just popped into my head...but Ralph may harbor ill will against Wyche for the perceived overhype of JP.....Wyche instead of being a good choice for OC may actually be Mularkey's Waterloo....I am not saying its right-but Wyche may have said something to the effect of "We can win with the kid this year". then the season craps and Ralph wants Sam banished to South Carolina...ohhhhh man....

550745[/snapback]

As much as I like Wyche if Mularkey's gone so is he and honestly, if he can't or doesn't want to be OC we can find another QB coach...

550745[/snapback]

Interesting thought.

Ralph knows better than we do who were the main drivers behind the idea to cut DB loose and go with JP this year. Hell, Sam may even have said "I can make this kid a winner and I'll stake my job on it." B-)

I think we ought to just blow the whole damn thing up. Really.

We don't have many players or coaches on the current roster that I'd miss that much. Let's replace them with no-names and junkies and washed-up all-pro's. It would be a hell of a lot more fun than this season!

550745[/snapback]

That is an interesting thought. Other than some Cincy newspaper stories on Wyche a few weeks ago, there has been a strange silence (no pun intended B-)) from our QB coach over the latter half of the year.

OK, it's beating a dead horse...but DB wouldn't have made much of a difference this year...he would've gotten beaten to death behind that awful line. He didn't really improve in Dallas either. He had his honeymoon half a season then regressed to good ol' pat pat sack, pat pat pick, pat pat fumble.

Did they make the playoffs? Didn't think so...

That is an interesting thought.  Other than some Cincy newspaper stories on Wyche a few weeks ago, there has been a strange silence (no pun intended  B-)) from our QB coach over the latter half of the year.

550770[/snapback]

The onset of the silence coincides, it seems, with the point at which MM took over playcalling duties and reduced Clements to a traffic cone in sweats.

What a dysfunctional staff. And you thought it couldn't get any worse when we had Greggo.

550716[/snapback]

Good news to me. Sort of sounds like Ralph may have seen enough of Gray and Clements.

I like Mularkey but if he falls on his sword for either Gray or Clements, then he needs to go. Neither of those two brings much to the table and they certainly aren't worht going down with.

Excellent news, hope Gazoo is right for a change! :D

MM is protecting his$3M left on his contract... anyway him & Modrak are sticking up for their ole buddy TD? B-) "It's not fair, Ralph... it's just not fair to TD".

Good news to me. Sort of sounds like Ralph may have seen enough of Gray and Clements.

I like Mularkey but if he falls on his sword for either Gray or Clements, then he needs to go. Neither of those two brings much to the table and they certainly aren't worht going down with.

550779[/snapback]

To MM they're probably worth going down with for three million bucks.

550779[/snapback]

Aren't MM's "packages" enough of a reason to send him packing? I personally detest that type of philosophy.

And you think Ralph stood idly by?

Wade-O didn't even have a competent replacement for DeHaven.

550766[/snapback]

It doesn't matter what Ralph did. Dehaven was fired by Wade Phillips, not Ralph Wilson, because the HC has the power to select his assistants. That's why Phillips was fired, he didn't want Wilson to fire an assistant.

It doesn't matter what Ralph did.  Dehaven was fired by Wade Phillips, not Ralph Wilson, because the HC has the power to select his assistants.  That's why Phillips was fired, he didn't want Wilson to fire an assistant.

550788[/snapback]

Actually, I believe that Ralph just wanted to fire Wade because he didnt like several of his assistants. If Wade agreed to fire Ronnie Jones, Ralph would have said, Oh, and I want you to fire _____, too, and then _____. Wade knew he was gone, and wanted to show other assistants around the league, for future jobs, that he would fall on his sword for them. It was more of a PR deal than anything. I think Wade phillips would have easily let Ronnie Jones go to save his job as head coach of the Bills. Wade was a smart guy, even if he didnt wear a headset.