Sabres win again!

NavyBillsFan

Great job Lindy is doing with this team. Guys who are walking on this team from the AHL are making a difference. Good to have some hockey now that the Bills are having tea parties with Arizona and Detroit!

I think we may see a cup in the near future.

Scary thing is, this team can get better!

Trade---- Millar or Biron to the Pens for Ziggy!

Don't change a thing. Keep the goalies.

Well done once again. What a great late game rally!

The Sabres will do what they can with Ottawa when they can. In the mean time, enjoy the best we have seen of the Sabres in a very long time.

I liked Vanek's effort on the shootout even though it clanked off the red.

Winning in Philly is not easy. The Sabres are one of the big stories in the league right now.

One game at a time!

Great job Lindy is doing with this team.  Guys who are walking on this team from the AHL are making a difference.  Good to have some hockey now that the Bills are having tea parties with Arizona and Detroit!

I think we may see a cup in the near future.

Scary thing is, this team can get better! 

Trade----  Millar or Biron to the Pens for Ziggy!

537607[/snapback]

I don't want to see either traded but ziggy would be great,,,,what a great game they played and the D was excellant.........2nd place overall after tonight I believe!!!

Biron can get you some top flight defensive help now. Guys like Fitzpartick are not the answer in the long haul.

Keeping three goalies is self-delusion. Noranen is a very capable goalie who will basically rust away sitting every night. Plus, his attitude will likely not be where you need it to be when he has to play, whenever that is.

Miller showed tonight, after the NHL lay off he's had and against a team as good as the Flyers, that he clearly is the Sabres' future in the net.

Any point out of Philly is good, two is fantastic. Sabres are hotter than dog's breath right now.

Some strange things are going on here. Sabres are 2nd in the conference behind Ottawa and tied for 2nd in the entire NHL right now. Bills still dominate the local newspaper and radio coverage. Some people are complaining that nobody is giving the Sabres any kind of coverage or any credit at all (National hockey writers, commentators, ect.)

Biron won 13 straight games and lots of people are calling for him to be traded.

If it wasn't for the three blowout losses to Ottawa, the Sabres would be the best team in the league.

I like the fact that the Sabres are "under the radar" and nobody outside of Buffalo is taking them seriously. Rack up the points and secure a playoff spot as early as possible. No need to trade Biron either. I'd keep Biron and Miller.

Also remember that Ottawa's GM is John Muckler and their goalie is Hasek. Dom will have his usual groin injury and temper tantrums and Muckler will make a panic move like he always did in Buffalo. If Buffalo can get over their Ottawa problem and at least play them close, look out.

It's finally nice to have a winning team to follow again. I think alot of people forgot how that feels and they also forgot how to enjoy it. GO SABRES!

It's finally nice to have a winning team to follow again. I think alot of people forgot how that feels and they also forgot how to enjoy it. GO SABRES!

537709[/snapback]

I may have to stop wearing all black in my mourning for the Bills and start wearing the Sabres colors...errrrr

...Nevermind I'm just going to enjoy this NICE run by the Sabres!

I haven't been able to watch a singe game, but that record is impressive.  They still have to solve Ottawa though.

537626[/snapback]

The good news is they don't play Ottawa again until March. Maybe by then they will have figured them out.

PTR

I only got to see the highlights on ESPN...is it true, I thought they said, that the Sabres are one road win away from breaking the all-time NHL consecutive road win streak?  That would put their mark at 10...

537775[/snapback]

10 is the all time record....and it was set by the Sabres in 83-84. Two other teams matched that record a few years ago. If the Sabres can win in Florida on thursday, then they'll tie their own record. Wins at Florida and at Tampa on thu and fri will break the record.

10 is the all time record....and it was set by the Sabres in 83-84.  Two other teams matched that record a few years ago.  If the Sabres can win in Florida on thursday, then they'll tie their own record.  Wins at Florida and at Tampa on thu and fri will break the record.

537820[/snapback]

This "record" is tainted now, however, thanks to the shootouts...last night's game for example would have been a tie sans the new shootout rule.

But hey, go for the "record" anyways!

regarding ottawa:

The sabres need to do two things... one being to lock up a playoff spot, and two to just BEAT UP the sens 2-1 or 3-2 or something like that just once. Just a little flavor for the senators to show them that the big bad sabres are lurking.

This is a playoff team and they need to make a statement to other playoff teams... Beating those choads last night did just that. Media attention or not, eastern conference teams FEAR the sabres.

2nd place overall, but also 2nd in the division.

537647[/snapback]

Lets not forget they have played the most games, for example four more than Ottawa, three more than the Canadiens.

And to respond to another poster, why in the worls would you trade for Palfy. Having a terrable year from an effort standpoint,which is just what this team does not need, makes way to much money, and is geeting a little long in the tooth.

Having said all that, how cool was it to head into the third period last night , and just know, and i do mean know, they were at least going to get a trying goal. Just the oppsite of knowing, and I do mean knowing, that the Bills will blow any lead, let alone not be able to make up a deficit in the 4th

Trade----  Millar or Biron to the Pens for Ziggy!

537607[/snapback]

Eff Ziggy. He's the type of player we got rid of in Satan. Trade Biron (I think Ruff made it clear earlier in the season that Miller is the future) for a big, clock-eating, bruiser of a defenseman, that's it. The offense is fine, especially if Dumont can come back for the last month/playoffs.

BTW, I'm not knocking Marty, 13 in a row is impressive as hell. But 13 games is not his career. He's been here for 5-6 years full time. They obviously weren't sold on him, and he didn't see the ice for the first 13-or-so games of this year. And in this winning streak, the Sabres are scoring. Granted, they're winning a lot of games by one goal, and a goalie has a lot to do with keeping the team in a close game like that. But Marty has shown flashes, even during his streak, of lack of concentration and soft goals. His value is as high as it's ever been, and much higher than the Sabres ever thought it would be. If they can pick up a first-rate D for him, they half to do it, IMO.

Miller will play, and play well. Mika is an adequate backup, who could play once every 10 games or so.

You have to love this team. Everyone is coming up big. They are more exciting than they have been in a long time.

I am extremely impressed with both Marty and RM. They are playing lights out. I hope that the Sabres keep both of these guys (unless someone offers them the moon). There is no reason to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. These guys seem to get along and inspire each other.

Thank you Sabres.