To everyone who wants to blow up the Bills

C.Biscuit97

Obviously, this is my be the most frustrating year that I have ever watched the Bills. When you expect so much and get so little, it very disappointing. This team sucks right now and it is painful to watch. However, those you are saying to just destroy the team and rebuild are insane. Sorry :doh: Some changes need to be made no doubt but this is the NFL. You go from bad to playoffs overnight (see the Bears). And to be fair, TD has made some good moves. But he has whiffed on some big ones as well. So a change is needed but whoever inherits this team will be getting a decent team. So let's not get all crazy. It will get better. I think. :w00t:

Obviously, this is my be the most frustrating year that I have ever watched the Bills.  When you expect so much and get so little, it very disappointing.  This team sucks right now and it is painful to watch.  However, those you are saying to just destroy the team and rebuild are insane.  Sorry  :doh:  Some changes need to be made no doubt but this is the NFL.  You go from bad to playoffs overnight (see the Bears).  And to be fair, TD has made some good moves.  But he has whiffed on some big ones as well.  So a change is needed but whoever inherits this team will be getting a decent team.  So let's not get all crazy.  It will get better. I think.  :w00t:

530041[/snapback]

You are right in that there is considerable real talent on this team. I think there is a consensus that the major weaknesses are the offensive line (very little talent), the defensive talent (considerable talent at defensive ends, but a critical need for help in the middle) and some help with aging d-backs. Until the o-line is rebuilt the jury remains out on the running and passing game and on JP. Critical need...new coach and GM. The fact that so much talent is there is what makes it all the more frustrating. Not since Joel Collier took an AFC championship team and made several injudicious trades (Lamonica for Flores, Bass for Baker, Gilchrist for Billy Joe) and poor coaching to be replaced by Harvey Johnson for a 1-12-1 season in 1968 have we had a year quite like this.

I think we do have some talent on this team, for sure. We really lack that talent on both lines, and I really wouldn't worry much about the rest of the players.

However, what we really lack are coaches who can put it all together. Trying to figure out New England's offense and defense is like trying to do the Saturday NY Times crossword. Trying to figure out our offense and defense is like trying to do the daily Jumble.

You are right in that there is considerable real talent on this team.  I think there is a consensus that the major weaknesses are the offensive line (very little talent), the defensive talent (considerable talent at defensive ends, but a critical need for help in the middle) and some help with aging d-backs. Until the o-line is rebuilt the jury remains out on the running and passing game and on JP. Critical need...new coach and GM. The fact that so much talent is there is what makes it all the more frustrating.  Not since Joel Collier took an AFC championship team and made several injudicious trades (Lamonica for Flores, Bass for Baker, Gilchrist for Billy Joe) and poor coaching to be replaced by Harvey Johnson for a 1-12-1 season in 1968 have we had a year quite like this.

530046[/snapback]

Yep, that is all we need. A new offensive line. A new defensive line. A new secondary. Oh, and a new coaching staff. And a new GM. Just a few tweaks like that and off we go. :doh:

Obviously, this is my be the most frustrating year that I have ever watched the Bills.  When you expect so much and get so little, it very disappointing.  This team sucks right now and it is painful to watch.  However, those you are saying to just destroy the team and rebuild are insane.  Sorry  :doh:  Some changes need to be made no doubt but this is the NFL.  You go from bad to playoffs overnight (see the Bears).  And to be fair, TD has made some good moves.  But he has whiffed on some big ones as well.  So a change is needed but whoever inherits this team will be getting a decent team.  So let's not get all crazy.  It will get better. I think.  :w00t:

530041[/snapback]

A decent team? I don't consider Bills a viable team with about 5 missing decent starters on offense and 4 on defense. That equals a mediocre team AT BEST!!!

Obviously, this is my be the most frustrating year that I have ever watched the Bills. 

530041[/snapback]

Then you're probably pretty young. I've watched this team for a long time and this is hardly the most frustrating year I've ever watched. Ask the people who watched in the late 60s, mid 70s, & mid 80s and you'll hear horror stories a lot worse than this season. I don't even know where to begin, but at least no top draft choices have signed with the CFL nor has any player signed with a new football league.

Then you're probably pretty young.  I've watched this team for a long time and this is hardly the most frustrating year I've ever watched.  Ask the people who watched in the late 60s, mid 70s, & mid 80s and you'll hear horror stories a lot worse than this season.  I don't even know where to begin, but at least no top draft choices have signed with the CFL nor has any player signed with a new football league.

530255[/snapback]

Well, I'm 25 but I understand where you are coming from. I think the ting that makes it so frustrating is that I really bought into them being a playoff team.

Trying to figure out our offense and defense is like trying to do the daily Jumble.

530089[/snapback]

Unscramble the capitalized words to complete the statements for today's jumble

After an incomplete on 1st and 10, the bills will... URN

On 4th and 1, the Bills are most likely to call a... KRTIC YLPA

The Bills refuse to address the problems on the... FIVEOSFNE ENLI

One of the Bills biggest problems is... D.T.

Honestly, it really doesn't take that much to find this team. Upgrading the d-line makes the linebackers and secondary immediately better. You add a solid dt and pass rushing end then you got a good start. With the o-line, perhaps move Gandy to guard, draft a left tackle and give Preston a shot to play at center. If the line is better, Losman, McGahee, and the wrs will improve. Everett will be back next year, so that could be an upgrade there. Overall, it really won't take that much. I honestly beleive that. This is the dawn of parity and teams become good overnight. I hate drafting lineman, not the most sexy pick. however if the Bills draft linemen with every pick, I would not be upset at all.

Honestly, it really doesn't take that much to find this team.  Upgrading the d-line makes the linebackers and secondary immediately better.  You add a solid dt and pass rushing end then you got a good start.  With the o-line, perhaps move Gandy to guard, draft a left tackle and give Preston a shot to play at center. If the line is better, Losman, McGahee, and the wrs will improve.  Everett will be back next year, so that could be an upgrade there.  Overall, it really won't take that much.  I honestly beleive that.  This is the dawn of parity and teams become good overnight.  I hate drafting lineman, not the most sexy pick.  however if the Bills draft linemen with every pick, I would not be upset at all.

530306[/snapback]

That's the problem right there......it's been about 1800 "overnights".....

say the Bills do get better overnight with some unsexy draft picks (starting O-lineman and starting D-lineman)......any chance some other teams in the division get any better than they are this year?

I agree that fans have a natural tendancy to overreact and start blaming players who aren't the problem at times. But the fact remains that every team - yes even the Cardinals - have SOME good players and this team is really as far away as anybody from a championship save maybe from San Francisco.

You are right in that there is considerable real talent on this team.  I think there is a consensus that the major weaknesses are the offensive line (very little talent), the defensive talent (considerable talent at defensive ends, but a critical need for help in the middle) and some help with aging d-backs. Until the o-line is rebuilt the jury remains out on the running and passing game and on JP. Critical need...new coach and GM. The fact that so much talent is there is what makes it all the more frustrating.  Not since Joel Collier took an AFC championship team and made several injudicious trades (Lamonica for Flores, Bass for Baker, Gilchrist for Billy Joe) and poor coaching to be replaced by Harvey Johnson for a 1-12-1 season in 1968 have we had a year quite like this.

530046[/snapback]

Considerable talent at defensive ends??? You are out of your mind.

OL = 5 Player's

DL = at least 2 Player's

SS

FS

Corner

EM replacement

1 TE assuming Everett is OK. If not then 2.

That's 12 player's over 1/2 the starting line-up.

Yep we're in great shape!

530156[/snapback]

OL: C Preston, RT Peters, LT or LG Gandy. We need either a LG or LT and a new RG. We still have Williams(LG?) and Geisenger(sp). Bottom line is we need 2 very good FAs for the OL.

DL: Adams is gone so we need a very good DT free agent and a decent draft pick to go with Anderson , Edwards and Bannon.

As for the safties, I think we keep Milloy and Vincent, but use them as safties not DEs.

Our CB spot is not that bad even if we don't resign Clements. I give us about a 25 to 50% chance to resign him, depending on who our GM and coach is.

McGee is here and King and Greer both showed some flashes , but either is a downgrade from Clements. We will not be signing any FA CBs or spending high draft picks on them.

WR/EM replacement: This is a little more difficult to figure out. Assuming EM is gone, we have Evens, Aiken, Parrish and Reed(if he resigns). I dont think this position hold a higher priority than the OL or DL in free agancy or the draft. We might be at status quo in the WR position.

Then you're probably pretty young.  I've watched this team for a long time and this is hardly the most frustrating year I've ever watched.  Ask the people who watched in the late 60s, mid 70s, & mid 80s and you'll hear horror stories a lot worse than this season.  I don't even know where to begin, but at least no top draft choices have signed with the CFL nor has any player signed with a new football league.

530255[/snapback]

I remember the three Bills teams that earned #1 overall picks - OJ in the 60s, Walt in the 70's and Bruce in the eighties. All of them , and a few others, were much worse than this team. The difference though is Parity - it is much harder to be a great or bad team under this century's rules. But just as with communism, human nature gets in the way and some teams are less equal than others.

530255[/snapback]

I only go back as far as the '80s...and I find this team more frustrating. My recollection of the mid-80s teams is that, though they sucked and were coached by idiots, at least they tried to win.