To all calling for Mularkeys head...

Buftex

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marvin was a decent DC in DC, he was a great DC for the ravens.

he has been on teams that needed leadership and hard work to become champions, he understood Xs and Os and and done some things.

Mularky is a clown ass OC, and is now a clown ass HC who took the OC job from the clown ass he hired.

mularky is also CLEARLY out coached on a regular basis, lewis hasn't been.

mularky has got to go.

He always seemed to outhink himself in Pittsburgh, and does so here.

522904[/snapback]

I love that you say that. and i wholeheartedly agree with you. isnt it so pathetic that our coaching braintrust can only come up with a bunch of brain farts for plays??

I for one do not want to see Mularkey fired. I think he has a lot of the requisites to make a good head coach, and I like him ten times better than I liked Gregg Williams. I think people are giving him a lot less slack than they gave Williams, which is understandable since we have gone some time without a playoff appearance, but I also think that that is causing fans to unload things onto Mularkey's shoulders that are not his responsibility.

I think he's made some questionable calls, but I think he has the makings of an excellent coach.

I know most (and I am teetering) want to see Mike Mularkey canned right now.  However, just keep one thing in mind:

Most call TD stupid for not hiring Marvin Lewis 5 years ago, instead of GW.  If you go back as recently as last season, Bengals fans were calling for Lewis to be fired. 

I agree- fans should NEVER be listened to- they dont know whats good for them

Nope.  BILLS fans are the smartest and classiest of all riders on the retard rollercoaster.

523060[/snapback]

Do you ever get the feeling that we (self very much included) spend way too much time thinking about this stuff?

Lets say Marvin Lewis or John Fox were our coaches right now. Do you think they would have been succesful with TD AS THE GM?

I think things could look a little better but the end result wouldn´t be so different than what we have right now. Because, guess what, the're not MIRACLE WORKERS.

We can say whatever we want about MM being this or being that, but it all comes down to the guy calling the shots.

Lets say Marvin Lewis or John Fox were our coaches right now. Do you think they would have been succesful with TD AS THE GM?

I think things could look a little better but the end result wouldn´t be so different than what we have right now.  Because, guess what, the're not MIRACLE WORKERS.

We can say whatever we want about MM being this or being that, but it all comes down to the guy calling the shots.

523239[/snapback]

This is where i think yo uare slightly wrong. I think that they would have butted heads with TD about his horrible excuse for an O line and either the coach or TD would be gone eventually. kinda like how things went down in pitt between td and cowher.

Nope.  BILLS fans are the smartest and classiest of all riders on the retard rollercoaster.

523060[/snapback]

Better than being captain of the pontification rollercoaster.

I know most (and I am teetering) want to see Mike Mularkey canned right now.  However, just keep one thing in mind:

Most call TD stupid for not hiring Marvin Lewis 5 years ago, instead of GW.  If you go back as recently as last season, Bengals fans were calling for Lewis to be fired.  Now, Bengals fans, and a lot of Bills fans are hailing him as a genious...yet the Bengals fortunes have been up and down the last 5 years...every step forward, they seemed to take a step back.  Now, they are apparently ready to take that big step into the elite team category.  I really think that there is something to be said for continuity....as hard as it is to patient....besides, most of us didn't really have high expectations for this team going into this season...we knew there was a very good chance this was going to be an off year...

522638[/snapback]

i'm not calling for mularkey's head, but i can say for a fact that no one was calling for marvin lewis' head last year.

Exactly.

Lewis has always been a great defensive guy, and coach.

Mularkey was a complete clown in Pittsburgh the last two years there.

He always seemed to outhink himself in Pittsburgh, and does so here.

A majority of the Pittsburgh fans wanted him fired after the 2003 season....There was no need for that though, ol whitey took care of it. :D

522904[/snapback]

hmm. in his second last season there, mularkey did the impossible and retooled tommy maddox into a competent player as the steelers went 10-5-1 and had the 4th best offense in the nfl. don't let facts get in the way of a good screed, though ...

hmm. in his second last season there, mularkey did the impossible and retooled tommy maddox into a competent player as the steelers went 10-5-1 and had the 4th best offense in the nfl. don't let facts get in the way of a good screed, though ...

523352[/snapback]

Actually, he's right. Despite the fact that the offense moved the ball there were loads of Steeler fans that couldn't stand MM. They didn't like the type of offense he ran and thought he relied too heavily on gadget plays.

Most call TD stupid for not hiring Marvin Lewis 5 years ago, instead of GW.  If you go back as recently as last season, Bengals fans were calling for Lewis to be fired.  Now, Bengals fans, and a lot of Bills fans are hailing him as a genious...yet the Bengals fortunes have been up and down the last 5 years...every step forward, they seemed to take a step back.  Now, they are apparently ready to take that big step into the elite team category.  I really think that there is something to be said for continuity....as hard as it is to patient....besides, most of us didn't really have high expectations for this team going into this season...we knew there was a very good chance this was going to be an off year...

522638[/snapback]

I don't think that is true.... if any Bengals fans were calling for Lewis to be fired after just two years, they were a small minority. The Bengals finished 8-8 last year, had a win over playoff-bound Denver, and showed flashes on both offense and defense at times. An astute football observer could see that all the pieces were there (and this observer picked them in the pre-season to lose the AFC Championship game at Indianapolis - not to toot my own horn. ;-) And Lewis had *never* embarassed the franchise the way Mularkey has embarassed us against Pittsburgh last year, and against Miami last Sunday.

JDG

Some - not all. After Kitna's fine '03 season he was benched in favor of Palmer - who started out 1 and 4. So some grousing was to be expected.

523553[/snapback]

I dunno, I distinctly remember Lewis having some very vocal critics in Cincinnati, and in the media...I also remember his name turning up on some of those "coaches on the bubble" lists, and some here even were thanking the football gods that we had MM and not Marvin Lewis....lots of "fug him, he didn't like Buffalo" kind of stuff...

I can't help but wonder how Lewis or Fox would have done here in Buffalo with our personal. It may have been as someone suggested, they would have clashed with TD over this issue. But neither of them were the established coaches that BC was in Pitt to get away with that. By the time their power struggle took place BC had been coach for a good 5 or 6 years. Lewis had a bit of a reputation behind him that might have allowed him to get away with it. But Fox was just like MM or GW in that he's a head coach in his first job without a big reputation. It's very likely by now Fox would have been fired after four years of not winning.