To all calling for Mularkeys head...

Buftex

I dunno, I distinctly remember Lewis having some very vocal critics in Cincinnati, and in the media...I also remember his name turning up on some of those "coaches on the bubble" lists, and some here even were thanking the football gods that we had MM and not Marvin Lewis....lots of "fug him, he didn't like Buffalo" kind of stuff...

523564[/snapback]

Naturally - it sells newspapers, spices up talk shows, makes juicy copy for the local and not-local sports writers etc. And here as in Buffalo, a long view of things does not sit well with society's microwave-popcorn I-want-it-in-3-minutes mentality.

The compelling feature of a bandwagon is the great ease with which it can be hopped on and hopped off. B-)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but wonder how Lewis or Fox would have done here in Buffalo with our personal.  It may  have been as someone suggested, they would have clashed with TD over this issue.  But neither of them were the established coaches that BC was in Pitt  to get away with that.  By the time their power struggle took place BC had been coach for a good 5 or 6 years.  Lewis had a bit of a reputation behind him that might have allowed him to get away with it.  But Fox was just like MM or GW in that he's a head coach in his first job without a big reputation.  It's very likely by now Fox would have been fired after four years of not winning.

523641[/snapback]

I live in Charlotte so I get a HUGE dose of John Fox on a daily basis...Fox is an interesting study in a HC because most of the time he's a REAL easy going guy...He does not like to give much information, the whole Organization is like that and they get mocked often for it...But one thing about Fox that is glaringly obvious is his ability to understand a Players strengths and weaknesses, and get the most out of those guys on Game day...No question his Players seem to like him a lot, and it seems to a Man they have bought into the Plan...

One thing about Fox is that since he came to The Panthers he stated openly that they would be a Run 1st, control the clock and play good Defense style of Team. And outside of stretches where injury situations that were beyond his control forced him to adjust a bit, there is no question at all that Fox has followed the promised Plan to the letter...I think Players respect that... B-)