Mort on Countdown

Rico

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just said Ralph could fire TD, leaving MM's job hanging in the balance. Even Mort's turning on TD.

521758[/snapback]

Why do I think it's a given that Donahoe will be fired? Because the last thing in the world Ralph wants to be is embarressed. There is no possible redemption from yesterday's travesty. Ralph can see for himself the barrell of sh-- his beloved president has sold him. As for Mularkey, I don't see how he survives a new GM, if the new guy has any say in player personnel and coaching staff.

Why do I think it's a given that Donahoe will be fired?  Because the last thing in the world Ralph wants to be is embarressed.  There is no possible redemption from yesterday's travesty.  Ralph can see for himself the barrell of sh-- his beloved president has sold him.  As for Mularkey, I don't see how he survives a new GM, if the new guy has any say in player personnel.

521766[/snapback]

If Ralph doesn't want to be embarrassed then he should just sell the team. For all those that want Donahoe gone, can you come up with a viable list of replacements?

If Ralph doesn't want to be embarrassed then he should just sell the team. For all those that want Donahoe gone, can you come up with a viable list of replacements?

521768[/snapback]

Possible replacements are the last thing one contemplates when a known failure is in place destroying your dream of NFL success. A lack of candidates will not be a problem. Picking a good one is.

To be honest, I think Mularkey deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has a bad DL and a pathetic OL. He's made some poor game decisions with gimmick plays at times, but I wonder how much is influenced by the fact that his team has no talent in the trenches. Even at 4-8 and despite the poor line play, they've been competitive most of the year.

I'd also be a little wary of upsetting the apple cart right now at a time when Losman appears to be 'getting it'. Mularkey may not be the coach to take the Bills to the Super Bowl, but he might be an ideal coach for rebuilding, given that he's getting good mileage out of his younger players like JP, Willis McGahee and Lee Evans.

So as unpopular as it may be, I'd give him one more year, though with a short leash for 2006.

Tom Donahoe's future is another story. I think he's done a fairly good job overall, but has all but totally failed along both lines and missed on two high profile moves (Mike Williams and Drew Bledsoe). Those key mistakes have kept the Bills in the AFC cellar and will likely cost Donahoe his job.

521768[/snapback]

Pete :blink:

RRich would be my head of scouting

Possible replacements are the last thing one contemplates when a known failure is in place destroying your dream of NFL success.  A lack of candidates will not be a problem.  Picking a good one is.

521776[/snapback]

My point everyone's willing to throw TD into the fire but who are we hoping to replace him with? The first guy that came to my mind is Mark Koncz aka the John Guy of the Carolina Panthers but I have yet to see any real alternatives brought up by anyone with the exception of Tom Modrak who's already turned down an offer by TD to be GM already.

521768[/snapback]

Matt Millen

Larry

Curly

Moe

Carrot Top

Ren

Stimpy

Fog horn Leghorn

I would think RW would like to have some kind of a legacy and may have a strong desire to become a member of the Hall of Fame. The current situation (team record, etc.) does not help his chances. I think RW really wants to win, and win soon, for obvious reasons. I hope if TD/MM are jettisoned that RW will step up and do (and pay) whatever is necessary to attract a top gm and head coach.

521768[/snapback]

Who needs a list? There's only one job opening.

Here's a good candidate - Marv Levy.

I think if donahoe goes, so does mularkey. The only way I think mularkey would satay if donahoe goes, is if someone is promoted within the organization. If the bills get a GM from outside of the organization, I doubt he will want mularkey around, as he'd probably bring one of his boys in. This could shape up to be a very interesting offseason.