Mort on Countdown

Rico

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BS! The problem with this team is not lack of talent but poor coaching and gameday playcalling. I'll bet if our coach was named Belichek we'd have more than 4 wins. As far as the DL and Ol go: now the run block has been atrocious since MW keeps getting hurt and relegated to the bench but the DL and run D has picked up the past few weeks. The pass blocking has been manageable. The biggest problem has been playcalling and personell management and getting an identity on offense and establishing rhythm; we have played 12 games and have neither. I mean how many teams subsitute as much on offense as the Bills do, with WR and RBs going in and out every 3-4 plays? How many teams take out BOTH starting WR as much as the Bills do? All we have shown is flashes as one game WM is running great or JP is dropping bombs and when we do have succes the coaching staff doesn't know how to build upon it. Just thank god the D steeped up 3 weeks ago when we played KC or we'd be talking about a meltdown in that game after JP came in and dropped those bombs!

522025[/snapback]

The run D has not improved in recent weeks. The competition is the reason for the supposed improvement. The Dolphins were playing from behind and threw the ball 65 times Sunday, though Ronnie Brown still ran for 97 yards and averaged almost 6 per carry (edit: The box score I viewed is incorrect; Ronnie Brown had 6 carries for 20 yards, RW had 11 for 46). The Panthers are one of the worst rushing teams in the NFL, 26th in rushing yardage and average a hideous 2.99 yards per rush. The pass rush from the front four is all but non-existent, and its why Jerry Gray calls so many blitzes. He has to, and we got a good glimpse of why Sunday. In the 2nd half, when Gray backed off and rushed mainly his front four, Rosenfels had all day to throw and picked the Bills D apart.

The pass protection and the run blocking both have been pretty poor all season, including in recent weeks. There have been stretches where one or the other have played reasonably well, as we saw in the first quarter Sunday, but the other team usually adjusts and figures out how to exploit them, again, as we saw in the rest of the game Sunday. Losman was running for his life for the final 40 minutes and the running game was non-existent. Both were the result of weak OL play.

I do agree with you on the substitutions. I think the Bills overuse them.

He tried to build the defensive line, at least - five first day picks.

522023[/snapback]

Teflon got it backwards.

You want the smart white guys on the OL so they can figure out the line calls and you want the athletic guys on the DL.

How many teams in the NFL have 2 white guys on their DL. let alone 4 who are starting?

i suspect TD and Mularkey will go together, so I expect the announcement to be made after the last game. Another possibility is that they will both go during the season, which might happen if the simmering resentment on the part of the team escalates. In any event I'd sell my TD/MM stock.

BS! The problem with this team is not lack of talent but poor coaching and gameday playcalling. I'll bet if our coach was named Belichek we'd have more than 4 wins. As far as the DL and Ol go: now the run block has been atrocious since MW keeps getting hurt and relegated to the bench but the DL and run D has picked up the past few weeks. The pass blocking has been manageable. The biggest problem has been playcalling and personell management and getting an identity on offense and establishing rhythm; we have played 12 games and have neither. I mean how many teams subsitute as much on offense as the Bills do, with WR and RBs going in and out every 3-4 plays? How many teams take out BOTH starting WR as much as the Bills do? All we have shown is flashes as one game WM is running great or JP is dropping bombs and when we do have succes the coaching staff doesn't know how to build upon it. Just thank god the D steeped up 3 weeks ago when we played KC or we'd be talking about a meltdown in that game after JP came in and dropped those bombs!

522025[/snapback]

And who, pray tell, hired the coach?

Teflon got it backwards.

You want the smart white guys on the OL so they can figure out the line calls and you want the athletic guys on the DL.

How many teams in the NFL have 2 white guys on their DL. let alone 4 who are starting?

522044[/snapback]

How insightful. What time ya'll havin your klan rally?

Teflon got it backwards.

522044[/snapback]

It's sad that you don't even realize what a douchebag you are. :)

I am not sure I would want him in the Bills front office but Charley Casserly might get bumped out of Houston after the season and would at least be worth having a conversation with.

Sean Payton is the assistant head coach to Bill Parcells, and there are a few of Parcells assistants that have a good track record of becoming successful head coaches.

Tom Donahoe's future is another story.  I think he's done a fairly good job overall,  but has all but totally failed along both lines and missed on two high profile moves (Mike Williams and Drew Bledsoe).  Those key mistakes have kept the Bills in the AFC cellar and will likely cost Donahoe his job.

521778[/snapback]

For every MW and DB failure, TD did have a successful picks in TKO and

a 1st rounder that was turned into WM...Hey...You win some...you lose some...

It is time to move on.....RW will fire TD and say we are going in a different

direction.....

Yeah because Defensive linemen don't have to follow any plays.

You are a moron.

Teflon got it backwards.

522044[/snapback]

I am not sure I would want him in the Bills front office but Charley Casserly might get bumped out of Houston after the season and would at least be worth having a conversation with.

522083[/snapback]

So he can oversee the rebuilding of our offensive line? :)