Offseason plan..........

BuffBills#1

MY OFFSEASON!!

Now here is my offseason if I was the GM. 3 out of our first 4 draft picks should be DL and OL help. We should see if we can get anything for Nate, and we should try and lock him up as long as it isn't top 5 money. We should try to keep M. Williams as long as he restructures and move Peters to LT(where he practiced at all training camp) and MW to back to RT. Remember, M. Williams was our best lineman last year and was really starting to come around. This year he has been injured almost the whole time. We should then pick up the option on Gandy and move him to guard, his natural position. In FA we should get A. Bryant, and if not him go after K. Robinson. With our first pick we should take the best lineman, with the 2nd pick I'de go with a CB or a safety, with our 2 3rd's I'de go with 2 more lineman. With the way Mularky has treated S. Adams and Moulds they will definitely be gone after the season. Either Milloy or Vincent will probably be gone next year, and they'll plug Baker in. If they let both go, I would expect them to draft a safety with their 2nd round pick. If they let Clements go, then I think we keep one of the safties and draft a CB with our 2nd.

Guys who shouldn't be around next year:

Teague

S. Adams

Moulds

Milloy

Posey

Vincent

B. Anderson

Shaud Williams

Aiken

Starting Lineups

QB: Losman

RB: McGahee

Backup RB: If Gates isn't the answer then use our 4th on one or pick one up in FA

FB: Shelton

WR: Evans

WR: A. Bryant

WR: Parrish

TE: Everrett

RT: M. Williams

RG: Vilarillu

C: Preston

LG: Gandy

LT: Peters

DE: Kelsay

DT: 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

DT: R. Edwards, 3rd rounder(Maybe a FA pickup if we have enough $)

DE: Schoebel

OLB: Spikes

MLB: Fletcher

OLB: Crowell

CB: Clements

FS: Baker

SS: 2nd round pick

CB: McGee

Hopefully by cutting Milloy, S. Adams, Vincent, Moulds, and restructuring M. Williams we'll have more money to spend than just on A. Bryant and N. Clements. So if that is the case we sign DL and OL.

Let me know what you think...............

I don't like your offensive line. Williams is too expensive to be on the team. Every year something happens to him-he's the rich man's Jonas Jennings. Gandy is strictly a backup player-get a decent guard to play LG and put Gandy in the old Price role. Leave Peters at RT, let him develop-he may have practiced at LT, but that doesn't mean he's good enough to play there-I'd leave that decision to McNally (or whoever is OL coach if the staff gets canned). Draft the best LT in the 1st round and plug him in from day 1. Villarial is reaching the end of the road, I might want his replacement if we have to Tucker him next camp. The only one I agree with is Preston, and depending on other things, he could be playing guard next season.

I'm not comfortable relying on Everett to start. We need at least 1 proven NFL starting TE, and that doesn't include Campbell.

Vincent stays, not Clements. Our 2nd rounder has to be DT, not SS.

Ron Edwards is a FA who should be brought back cheaply but for a backup role only. Tim Anderson or the UFA is a better option.

I think albany covered the trenches...

6-2 188lbs

5-9 168lbs

5-10 197lbs

Thats the size of the WR corps you proposed with bryant, parrish and evans respectively. I'm a big advocate of having a big receiver...i like stovall (as i've said before) hes 6-5 220lbs and can jump and his hands are improving seemingly every time i watch him. And because he has underachieved before this season he could be available in the second round. However, we have other needs but i would love to see a physical wideout like stovall come to this team.

I think the offensive line is more than one player away from being good. I think you need to make more changes there. You're also making a big assumption that Spikes comes back close to 100% from his injury. On the other hand his situation is different from Cowart in that he's already under contract. Unless he's due a big signing bonus, I'd be willing to stick with him for one more year anyway and see how much speed he gets back.

I said keep M. Williams if he restructures to a descent price. This is the first year Williams has missed more than 3 games so I wouldn't say he's injury prone. Also, at the beginning of the year McGahee was playing great racking up the yardage, but since M. Williams went down with the injury our run blocking has gotten even worse. I think people are underestimating how much we would miss Clements. Greer, King, or any other rookie would get eaten up. You want McGee to be our #1 CB? The guy is very good, but he is 5-8, and there is no way he can cover any of the bigger WR's in this league. Gandy has probably been our best and most consistent Offensive lineman this year, and he has an option on him for 1.1 million after this season. The Bills aren't going to pick up that salary unless they think he can start. What makes you think that drafting a rookie lineman will fix our problems?? The guy will probably be just like M. Williams. Offensive lineman take some years to get good, even the high picks. Ex: Gallery from Oakland.

I've expressed many of my thoughts in earlier threads but constantly adding but here's a quick reply to some of the proposed ideas.

Koren signed a two year deal with the Vikings so won't be available, I've said all along if can't get Bryant we should go after David Givens of the Patriots.

In terms of the O-line, I'm hoping we land Eric Winston in the 1st to play Left OT and would let Mike Williams walk if he doesn't renogiate his contract and sign Todd Fordham to serve as guy to compete with Peters at RT. I'd keep Gandy around to play LG or stay at LT if Winston struggles.

K. Robinson has an option deal I believe, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, if we loose Moulds we're definitley going to need another good WR. Without Moulds, all the double coverage will go to Evans. There are so few WR's in this league that can produce while being doubled, and Lee isn't one of them, at least yet. The Bills better have someone in mind that they want to get this offseason.

Koren Robinson? You have to be kidding. He has been nothing but a problem which is why he was cut from Seatle. A 4 game suspension for substance abuse. Missed practices. Admitted alcohol problem to the team and the press and he says he will get help. Then a short time later he gets a dui and a reckless driving charge.

Yeah lets bring him to Buffalo. No thanks.

You're right, lets just stick with the good character guys with little talent, (Josh Reed, Sam Aiken) instead of bringing in talented players and giving them a second chance. There aren't many FA WR on the market this year, so all the crap about cutting Moulds needs to stop until you can think of a replacement.

In the draft, take Ngata and Watson in rounds 1 and 2, and move Peters to OLT. Sign, at all cost, Steve Hutchinson and cement him at OLG. Sign Reggie Wayne to be the #1 reciever. Re-sign Nate Clements and solidify the back 7 this way! Bring in Capers to be the new DC, and have Sam Wyche promoted to OC. I'd keep Mike Williams at ORT IF IF IF he renegotiates his contract downward! Preston starts at Center and Mike Gandy becomes our new version of Marcus Price ( Price WAS worth his weight in gold when injuries hit!). Start Angelo Crowell simply because he deserves it!! Take a Strong safety in round 3 along with OL depth (preferably a OT). The revisions look like this...Other changes highlighted!!

QB- Losman, Holcomb, and **Davey (he comes cheap!)

HB- McGahee, Gates, and Williams

FB- Shelton and Goldsberry

OLT- Peters and Gandy

OLG- **Hutchinson and L. Smith

C- Preston

ORG- Villarial and Geisinger

ORT- Williams and Jarman

TE- Everett, Euhus, and Campbell

WR- **Wayne, Evans, Parrish, and Aiken (add 4th rounder)

DE- Schobel, Kelsay, Denny, and Ritzmann

DT- Adams, **Ngata, **Watson, and Anderson

OLB- Spikes, Crowell, and Stamer

MLB- Fletcher, Haggan, and Ezekial

CB- Clements, McGee, King, Greer, and Thomas

S- Milloy, Vincent, Baker, and Leonard

P- Moorman

PK- **Longwell

MY OFFSEASON!!

Teague

S. Adams

Moulds

Milloy

Posey

Vincent

B. Anderson

Shaud Williams

Aiken

521612[/snapback]

Just curious, why should Shaud Williams be gone next year? Also, if you can't resign Nate Clements, how about moving Vincent back to corner...personally, I think he is still the second best corner on the current roster. He is old, true, but he is still pretty damn fast...he has been up and down at safety, but could still be very valuable...as a nickel-back, if nothing else....

I said keep M. Williams if he restructures to a descent price.  This is the first year Williams has missed more than 3 games so I wouldn't say he's injury prone.  Also, at the beginning of the year McGahee was playing great racking up the yardage, but since M. Williams went down with the injury our run blocking has gotten even worse.  I think people are underestimating how much we would miss Clements.  Greer, King, or any other rookie would get eaten up.  You want McGee to be our #1 CB?  The guy is very good, but he is 5-8, and there is no way he can cover any of the bigger WR's in this league.  Gandy has probably been our best and most consistent Offensive lineman this year, and he has an option on him for 1.1 million after this season.  The Bills aren't going to pick up that salary unless they think he can start.  What makes you think that drafting a rookie lineman will fix our problems??  The guy will probably be just like M. Williams.  Offensive lineman take some years to get good, even the high picks. Ex: Gallery from Oakland.

521741[/snapback]

I agree with you on Mike Williams. If he restructures then I'd extend him because he knows he's not going to get Orlanda Pace money on the open market if released, not even close.

Clements' collapse couldn't have come at a better time either except that I think the Redskins will overpay for him because Greg Williams thinks he's best CB in the NFL. I think we've got a shot at re-signing him since his price will be a lot less than some think after this season is complete.

We also kind of lucked out with Edwards as well as we'll likely get him for another year at a discount which means if we can get a stud DT in the draft it would make it a lot easier to let Sam Adams walk. If its my call, Sam stays because he'll be much better with someone who's closer to Pat Williams than Justin Bannan.

I think Gandy comes back for another season at LT and I agree with you on the dangers of drafting a LT to solve our problems -- its not gauranteed. I think the only two that could step in a start at LT and help more than hurt are Ferguson and Justice, who I think is going to pass up Winston as the 2nd best OT in the draft. I'm a huge fan of Marcus McNeill of Auburn but he reminds me too much of Mike Williams who may get eaten alive by speed rushers at the NFL level.

To me our biggest problem is at OG and C and hopefully Teague can be supplanted by Preston but what really worries me is the play (Or lack of) of Anderson and the age of Villareal. This draft has to hold an OT *AND* OG or else JP is in for another long season.

I think its very likely we're going to re-sign Clements and Edwards and keep Mike Williams, all at a lot less than we thought we would when the season began. I also see the whole Eric Moulds situation blowing over way before next season as in he'll start the rest of the way as will Adams. Both will be back I believe as I would guess there cap hits would make it senseless to release them unless they give us no other choice.

I think the guys who are going to exit quickly once the season concludes are Teague, Vincent, Posey and Anderson with Milloy having one foot out the door depending on what we do in the draft.

If we can somehow "lose out" and finish in the top 4-6 picks we can easily get the young athletic DT we've needed or the the dominating RDE that comes along once every couple of draft or the true LT we've needed for what seems like 10 years now -- with our first pick. Or we can pick up a solid starter at OT, DT, CB, OG, SLB or FS with our second pick and another solid TE or WR to allow us to upgrade those positions by replacing Neufeld and Reed with good picks in the third round or continue to add OL or DL depth.

The reality is that no matter how terrible this season was we've got a unique opportunity to begin next season with a young offensive nucleus (Losman, Evans, McGahee and Everett) along with an improved OL (Hopefully if Williams restructures and finally plays up to his potential next to a vastly upgraded interior line). With the heart and soul of our D back (Even at 80%) we should be young (Clements and McGee), improved (If we upgrade DT and S via the draft) and experienced (An Adams being inspired by TKO along with Kelsey, Schoebel, Fletcher and Milloy) enough to be not just a playoff team but a team on the verge of getting to the Super Bowl.

Of course all of this is contingent on Mularkey, Donahoe, Clements and Gray all slamming into a mountain in a plane at 300 mph the day before the draft and being replaced by people who don't completely suck.

MY OFFSEASON!!

Now here is my offseason if I was the GM. 3 out of our first 4 draft picks should be DL and OL help. We should see if we can get anything for Nate, and we should try and lock him up as long as it isn't top 5 money. We should try to keep M. Williams as long as he restructures and move Peters to LT(where he practiced at all training camp) and MW to back to RT. Remember, M. Williams was our best lineman last year and was really starting to come around. This year he has been injured almost the whole time. We should then pick up the option on Gandy and move him to guard, his natural position. In FA we should get A. Bryant, and if not him go after K. Robinson. With our first pick we should take the best lineman, with the 2nd pick I'de go with a CB or a safety, with our 2 3rd's I'de go with 2 more lineman. With the way Mularky has treated S. Adams and Moulds they will definitely be gone after the season. Either Milloy or Vincent will probably be gone next year, and they'll plug Baker in. If they let both go, I would expect them to draft a safety with their 2nd round pick. If they let Clements go, then I think we keep one of the safties and draft a CB with our 2nd.

Teague

S. Adams

Moulds

Milloy

Posey

Vincent

B. Anderson

Shaud Williams

Aiken

Starting Lineups

Backup RB: If Gates isn't the answer then use our 4th on one or pick one up in FA

Hopefully by cutting Milloy, S. Adams, Vincent, Moulds, and restructuring M. Williams we'll have more money to spend than just on A. Bryant and N. Clements. So if that is the case we sign DL and OL.

521612[/snapback]

Looks familiar...linky

so many of our problems in so little time.

While getting Hutch would be a great move, I have Bentley rated ahead of him as an offensive lineman. Mostly because we need an anchor. Sunday proved to me that Dookie is not ready. But good news this is a better than average tackle draft,

the biggest problem facing Losman is the push up the middle, mostly by blitzes, but also by teague's inability to stop a Bull rush. Mike Williams has to look at himself in the mirror, I remember drafting him, and the "experts" said he was a can't miss, saying he has a great personality...a passive one...that is his problem. Jon Runyan is a free agent, he doesn't have a passive personality, he's aging fast but, he brings a physical game. (assuming he is healthy, honestly I have been unable to watch any other games after we lose).

I feel strongly that Peters could play LT, he's more athletic than any tackle in the NFL, and he has dealt with the physical RT position well.

Mike williams might be better suited for RG, as long as he takes a major pay reduction. Someone should tell me why the best lineman we have is a RG, can we move CV to LG?

So my Line...

Jason Peters-CV-Bentley-meatball-Jon Runyan..Runyan is a cheap upgrade and Bentley gives us the best center we've had since Hull. More importantly we add two players with a physical nature that will fight until the whistle. and sometimes longer, but we need that. but we also keep 2 excellent athletes in Peters and Williams who could learn from a vet like Runyan, and we keep the one bright spot on the line....but we also keep Gandy and Preston, and maybe hopefully get a lineman in the draft.

I think we have to keep Adams, ealier in Nov someone talked about Jackson from Green Bay..I'm down with that. I trully feel that Bannan is nothing more than a great special teamer. and anderson is the weakest lineman I have ever seen. In a perfect world we would get Mario Williams first and then in the 2nd round capture watson....let us dream. Mario Williams is a DE much like Peppers. and watson I feel is a lot like sam Adams, but he moves slightly better.

if that doesn't work out I will be very happy with Ngata, as a plug in and a four man rotation of Jackson, Adams, edwards, and Ngata....if my math is correct that is like 1400 poundsish....that will wear down the interior of any line.

as for WR, Reggie Wayne is Peerless price. and I will be GD if we get another cancer Miami player....they seperate teams! I prefer Bryant, but if that is our best option in the offseason we are in trouble.

I really like Stovall, he is huge and gets open...he is similar to Owens in that way.

as a third rounder he is perfect!! another player I like alot is byrd the TE from USC. But where does he go.

I still feel that we keep Moulds, and get a new coaching staff.

we need our vets!!!!

Just curious, why should Shaud Williams be gone next year?  Also, if you can't resign Nate Clements, how about moving Vincent back to corner...personally, I think he is still the second best corner on the current roster.  He is old, true, but he is still pretty damn fast...he has been up and down at safety, but could still be very valuable...as a nickel-back, if nothing else....

521970[/snapback]

Not sure why shaud williams should be gone. I think he's a valuable change of pace type. Shaud reminds me of a young warrick dunn. I love your other idea btw. Originally I was in favor of cutting Vincent but I think when we signed him it was a 7 year deal no? So I'm not sure about the cap ramifications. In the event we don't re-sign Clements, I'd 100% back this move. Moving Vincent back to cb. Vincent still has good speed for a guy his age, and obviousily knows the position, and this would get Rashad Baker valuable experience at fs. It would also mean we wouldn't have to draft a corner very early.

As far as our line goes, our tackles are not the problem as Gandy, Peters, and MW when healthy while not great are better than what most teams have on the field. It's th interior which needs to be redone for we can't run up the middle and most of the pressure comes up the middle. These guys are on an island and it is obvious when they miss a block but in reality you can't think of many games where they have been abused. Most people just assume Gandy sucks and that MW is overarated because he was a #4 pick who hasn't played at a Pro Bowl level but in reality neither has played bad. Everyone thinks Peters is god , SO FAR until he has that awful game or undisclosed injury that makes him get used. If MW had stayed healthy this year our team would be much better off as he is our best OL when healthy; at the start of the year WM had much success running to the right behind MW. And why should we waste a high draft pick on another can't miss OL when they aren't a guarantee success either when we have proven tackles on this team. If you put them in a offense that has an identity and some kind of rhythm then they will be a non issue. But the guard center combo of Anderson, Teague, and Villareal has to go as they are the weak links on this line.

MY OFFSEASON!!

Teague

S. Adams

Moulds

Milloy

Posey

Vincent

B. Anderson

Shaud Williams

Aiken

Starting Lineups

521612[/snapback]

There are limits in the CBA to how much of a cut MW can take at Tackle and I do not think that his salary can be lowered enough to justify keeping him around, so I'm afraid he is done as a Bill.

The other issues I see with your list is that though individual players look fine as player choices, the thing missing from this team are internal leadership on the field. In the absence of solid and successful guidance from the coaches this on field leadership deficit becomes even worse.

As you cut several of the folks seen as onfield leaders (unfotunately folks such as Milloy, Vincent and Moulds are on the backsides of their careers) I do not see replacement leaders on your lists.

I don't like your offensive line.  Williams is too expensive to be on the team.  Every year something happens to him-he's the rich man's Jonas Jennings. 

521639[/snapback]

More like a Lazy mans Jonas Jennings