Enough Already

inkman

I don't really care about the teams finances or Mr. Wilson's.  My point is that Willis won't be in training camp.  He will feel he is underpaid because he is the best back in the NFL. 

How are you going to feel with Shaud Williams as our RB at the begining of next season?

521066[/snapback]

Well, the reality is that McGahee is very underpaid for his value to this team, now that the risk of his knee injury has been put to rest. Just under one-third of his $3 million a year contract in 2003 was broken out into incentives (five-year, $15.5 million deal included about $7 million in total base salary and $4.5 million bonus). I'm sure Donohoe and Wilson expected they'd be faced with a renegotiation at this point anyway.

First-round premier backs (and don't try to argue he isn't - the Bills certainly won't debate that point with Rosenhaus) are regularly getting $10 million bonuses and $8-10 million a year deals. It doesn't seem difficult to see the Bills and McGahee agreeing to those kind of terms next year, even if McGahee does at first demand a Portis-like deal.

The Bills are going to have to pay, and there's no reason we should be upset with that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and watch the USC game for an illustration of how to hit a hole,...

520910[/snapback]

<_<:D:lol: There has to be holes to hit! His 3 yards/carry are because he has to drag several opposition playerswith him for 5 yards.

Did any of you people criticizing Willis watch the game? There was a shot of him sitting on the bench, extremely pissed off and stunned. Would it be better if Willis just went around the locker room screaming at people? What good would that dude? It's funny because I heard people criticizing Willis for getting fired up after a run against San Diego when they were getting killed. I just don't understand why people are constantly knocking the best players on the team. Yes, we as fans are so frustrated with this team. But imagine working 9 months a year (money aside) for 16 games when you feel that you are a playoff team and it just blowing up like this. It's probably a little frustrating.

Well, the reality is that McGahee is very underpaid for his value to this team, now that the risk of his knee injury has been put to rest. Just under one-third of his $3 million a year contract in 2003 was broken out into incentives (five-year, $15.5 million deal included about $7 million in total base salary and $4.5 million bonus). I'm sure Donohoe and Wilson expected they'd be faced with a renegotiation at this point anyway. 

First-round premier backs (and don't try to argue he isn't - the Bills certainly won't debate that point with Rosenhaus) are regularly getting $10 million bonuses and $8-10 million a year deals. It doesn't seem difficult to see the Bills and McGahee agreeing to those kind of terms next year, even if McGahee does at first demand a Portis-like deal.

The Bills are going to have to pay, and there's no reason we should be upset with that.

521156[/snapback]

WRONG. We got a discount because we took the risk, and gave him the money up front, and paid him to rehabilitate for a year. Now that he's healthy we have to pay him top dollar? No we don't, he's obligated to play out his term.

FYI, two things.

1. He's hugely overrated by people here. He's great at tough yards, but that's 3rd down back material. He does not have the speed or evasiveness to be 'permier'. He also does not have the cutback needed to be in that calibre either.

2. He will say goodbye to Buffalo the instant he can, and sign in a big market. We'll see what happens and what everyone's opinions are of him then. He has no loyalty at all, and all year it's been about his agenda. Willis cares about Willis and that's it.

I'm shocked with the praise he gets here. Come on people, we just finished watching an all-pro in Thurman Thomas for how long? The guy had skills, class, loyalty that Willis will never have.

He has the ninth most rushing yards in the NFL.

He is the fastest Bills RB to get to 2,000 in his career.

He is playing behind a piss poor o-line.

Gee, it is no wonder some of you guys have a crusade against him. :blink:

1.  He's hugely overrated by people here.  He's great at tough yards, but that's 3rd down back material.  He does not have the speed or evasiveness to be 'permier'.  He also does not have the cutback needed to be in that calibre either.

2.  He will say goodbye to Buffalo the instant he can, and sign in a big market.  We'll see what happens and what everyone's opinions are of him then.  He has no loyalty at all, and all year it's been about his agenda.  Willis cares about Willis and that's it.

I'm shocked with the praise he gets here.  Come on people, we just finished watching an all-pro in Thurman Thomas for how long?  The guy had skills, class, loyalty that Willis will never have.

521528[/snapback]

Whether or not you think McGahee is a selfish, worthless chump who doesn't deserve the money, ithat's obviously an opinion not shared by the Bills. I would think a vast majority of player personnel directors would side with that, as well, so he is premier, in the opinion of people who count.

Will he leave at his first chance? Not as our franchise player he won't. And I've heard no hint that he's unhappy here at all. You want loyalty -- he's given it to you for the last 44 games. He didn't gripe about sitting out 2003 when he thought he was ready. He credits Gregg Williams for not putting him out there. The only time he spoke out was his expectation to be the starter in 2004 (that cad!) and was a good soldier during our delusionary 0-4 romp in Travis Henry's buttery fingers.

And while I've got no desire to knock Thurman, other threads have pointed out what a crass, selfish guy he could be at times. Who can forget the mother-copulating insult he threw at a 10-year-old once. But I don't really CARE if a guy's a craphead if he can help my team. And that's what Thurman and Willis both have in common.