Time to blow it up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead. Lambaste me if you want. But there are three things this team MUST do in the offseason:

1) LET NATE CLEMENTS GO. Each week he proves me correct in that he is NOT a shutdown corner.

2) Purge high-priced underperforming veterans. Time to go with youth. Moulds, Williams, Vincent, Milloy all need to get gone and in a hurry.

3) Replace the Coaching staff.

Blow this team up. I can't take another decade of futility. Look at the Bengals today.

THAT's how you build a team.

508165[/snapback]

The Bengals have sucked since 1981, we suck but please don't start looking at the bengals

No they didn't - but you're on a roll, Blutarski...

508195[/snapback]

:D

After today I did not think I would smile for a while. Thanks, Darin.

I turned the game off at the end of the third quarter. I cannot remember the last time I gave up on them like that. This was NOT going to be the comeback game.

Brandon Spoon, while completely devoid of talent, at least tried to be a professional.

508208[/snapback]

:D:D:lol:

At least you've made me smile tonight - Brandon Spon - the man who's muscles routinely ripped from his skeletal frame....

Keep thinking Clements it's the problem.  LINES LINES LINES!!!!  say it slowly and let it seap into your head.  I know everyone wants a fallback flashy guy to pick on, and clements is perfect because he's cocky. This team will not get better by getting rid of 3/4th's of our secondary.  Mcgee/King/Baker/?  NO Friggen thanks not unless we're gonna be sporting a dline the likes of the carolina panthers.    Clements is still one of the leagues better corners, Draft for dline.  Otherwise the rest of the stuff I agree.

The QB is not the problem.  Holcomb/Losman,  Hobbits/One eyed troll.  It doesn't matter.  IMPROVE THE LINES.  I'll gladly sit through a real rebuilding process if that's what The front office admits to doing, but the only way to improve in the nfl is to  improve in the trenches, not dump your best skill position players because they don't shut down every wr that comes their way, or catch every pass thrown to them.

508190[/snapback]

I'm all for keeping Clements at a reasonable price, but would not be willing to get into a bidding war. Today is a hard day to try and defend the "lock down corner" Deion Sanders in his prime was a lock down corner. He played for some awful Atlanta teams, and opponents did not want to throw a ball his way. Clements stunk today.

Go ahead. Lambaste me if you want. But there are three things this team MUST do in the offseason:

1) LET NATE CLEMENTS GO. Each week he proves me correct in that he is NOT a shutdown corner.

2) Purge high-priced underperforming veterans. Time to go with youth. Moulds, Williams, Vincent, Milloy all need to get gone and in a hurry.

Blow this team up. I can't take another decade of futility. Look at the Bengals today.

THAT's how you build a team.

508165[/snapback]

I think #3 might be #1. This team is not so devoid of talent it needs to be blown up. When Donahoe hired Mularkey he made a committment to out performing the competition at the personnel game, because he knew he wasn't hiring the next Bill Parcells. IMO, Donahoe has been middle of the pack as a personnel man during his tenure here, and when combined with mediocre at best coaching.....well that just doesn't win in the NFL.

I think #3 might be #1.  This team is not so devoid of talent it needs to be blown up.  When Donahoe hired Mularkey he made a committment to out performing the competition at the personnel game, because he knew he wasn't hiring the next Bill Parcells.  IMO, Donahoe has been middle of the pack as a personnel man during his tenure here, and when combined with mediocre at best coaching.....well that just doesn't win in the NFL.

508362[/snapback]

Not so sure. I think more of MM than I did of Greg Williams. Am I wrong?

Also, "middle of the pack" might be a reach at this point. He has brought in some good players, but we are still a blue collar, cold weather football team that is agonizingly soft on both lines.

Imo, TD alone is to blame for this and I cannot think of any excuse.

Also, "middle of the pack" might be a reach at this point. He has brought in some good players, but we are still a blue collar, cold weather football team that is agonizingly soft on both lines.

508372[/snapback]

Relax, Bill. All is well. The lines are okay. It was just one bad game.

508372[/snapback]

Mularkey and his staff haven't gotten quality results given the talent they have in place. All things considered, the fourth best staff in the division.

508165[/snapback]

I think you're on to something! You are exactly right about purging the higher priced "talent". Clements should be dealt for something at least.

If the Bills think they have a Super Bowl contender with this personnel(both players and coaches), then they are really deluding themselves.

Scary note: I think they really believe it.

When Donahoe hired Mularkey he made a committment to out performing the competition at the personnel game, because he knew he wasn't hiring the next Bill Parcells.  IMO, Donahoe has been middle of the pack as a personnel man during his tenure here, and when combined with mediocre at best coaching.....well that just doesn't win in the NFL.

508362[/snapback]

I thought he hired MM to bring in mental toughness. What happened on that front? I can't remember a Bills team that folded under adversity like this team. People keep saying we have talent here, but IMHO that talent ain't worth schite if it doesn't come along with a healthy dose of heart.

Keep the same talent and just keep on loosing :w00t:

I thought he hired MM to bring in mental toughness.  What happened on that front?  I can't remember a Bills team that folded under adversity like this team.  People keep saying we have talent here, but IMHO that talent ain't worth schite if it doesn't come along with a healthy dose of heart.

Keep the same talent and just keep on loosing :w00t:

508528[/snapback]

I think TD just traded in a coach that the team had quit on for a new model that the team hadn't quit on. Yet. Mental toughness goes out the window when the team loses and players start to question the gameplans and coaching decisions.

I think TD just traded in a coach that the team had quit on for a new model that the team hadn't quit on.  Yet.  Mental toughness goes out the window when the team loses and players start to question the gameplans and coaching decisions.

508555[/snapback]

I think it's awfully tough to argue with those who think TD has failed miserably...And I think equally it's pretty easy to see The Bills get Out Coached on most Sundays. Yes the Bills have some Talent, but even with a Great Coaching Staff I doubt this Team is much better than 9-7...I mean after all, we knew the Bills had problems on both Lines, yet the 1st Pick they make is a smurf WR? And for Gods Sake where are the Play Makers on this Team? OK...I know Lee Evans and Takeo Spikes (when healthy) are pretty decent...but I think you know what I mean...

Personally I believe if you think Coaching is the problem, you are correct...And if you think TD/TM and that Scouting Department is the problem, also correct...And if they stay with this mix I doubt very seriously they will ever climb over the mediocre level...There is just nothing about this Franchise from the Front Office/Coaching area that excites me whatsoever. And to me, even with a little luck, this looks like another 2-3 year project...

Oh joy! :w00t:

IMO, Donahoe has been middle of the pack as a personnel man during his tenure here

508362[/snapback]

Take a closer look at TD's performance at the three pillars of a successful team:

QB - Bledsoe (didn't work out); Losman and Holcomb (too soon to tell)

OL - Nothing

DL - Mixed results at best. Found Sam Adams in free agency, and some vaguely respectable DEs via 2nd round draft picks.

When these three core areas are a mess, the successes you may have had elsewhere look a lot worse. You've got a WR who can burn people deep in the form of Evans, but the O-line can't give him the time he needs to get open deep. You've got a linebacker group which contains players who, in theory, have some talent at stopping the run, but the defensive line can't keep blockers off of them. TD's successes are being made largely irrelevant by his failures.

What were you expecting this year? Realistically, 8 wins was probably the best the Bills would do.

Despite their schedule, it's still possible.

One thing the Bills need to do a better job of is winning away from Rich Stadium. They have a pretty good home field advantage. If they can play better on the road, then you're in business. Yes, I know they played well at New England but were robbed. But they still should have won that.

I agree that your line isn't that good. But you are kind of in transition on offense. Losman back at QB with Holcomb out learning on the job. McGahee in 2nd season. Evans as well. Roscoe Parrish in rookie year. Kevin Everett also might comeback for his first action.

There's still Moulds as the vet. But really, it's a younger offense that needs time to mesh.

Your D can be good. But it lacks that sufficient pass rusher who can create havoc and draw double teams.

508372[/snapback]

I rated GW as about a 28th or 29th out of 32 HCs. I rate MM as no better than a 24. If the coach does not show a 'spark' in the first 2 years, you're spinning your wheels. Mularkey hasn't won a single game with his 'brilliance'. Hes seems to have de facto admitted he has a failure at OC. Time to do something about the DC. Trouble is they're all failures: Ralph, TD, and the hand-picked coaching staff. All of them together do not equal one Belichick.