Randy Cross is a Moron

MrB1onde

My favorite was when he declared at the begining of the game that the Bills D was one of the "least blitzing" Ds in the league.

501779[/snapback]

I literally choked on my beer when he said that. We had people at out Bills Backers chapter falling off their stools, laughing so hard.. Yes, Cross really does his homework.

Actually, I'll stick up for Randy here.  :(  He said "Some guys wrap it up and give it to the equipment manager, but Baker tosses it to a fan."  Then Cross and Harlan started going on about how the guy Baker tossed it to was probably related to Baker.

Aside from all that, though, Cross is a grade A moron.

502212[/snapback]

Well, Baker is black, the guy in the stands he tossed to the ball was black... they MUST be related! :rolleyes:<_<

I wasn't able to watch the game this week. Now that I find out Randy Cross was doing the game , I don't feel so bad. Randy has ALWAYS called the game routing for whoever the Bills are playing. My wife knows very little about football and even she was able to point out the Cross was being anti-Bills in the last game we watched that Cross was on. He IS an idiot and CBS should be told that. We should all contact CBS to let them know just how bad he is.....

Well, Baker is black, the guy in the stands he tossed to the ball was black... they MUST be related!  :rolleyes:  :(

502438[/snapback]

:( And they look alike too. <_<:lol:

I didn't even think about that until you mentioned it, Rock. Now it makes those jokers look even more ridiculous.

I was watching the game with my dad and we both laughed when JP threw the first touchdown pass to Evans.  I pretty sure Randy said it wasn't a good throw, that he should have thrown it farther out so the receiver wouldn't have had to make such a difficult/concentrated catch.  Where else are you supposed to throw the ball, out of bounds?

502272[/snapback]

Yeah, he said something like the Bills got kind of lucky because the ball was overthrown, but when you watch the replay it was a great throw and a great catch. The guy drives me nuts.

Yeah, he said something like the Bills got kind of lucky because the ball was overthrown, but when you watch the replay it was a great throw and a great catch. The guy drives me nuts.

502509[/snapback]

I thought it was a bit underthrown as well. Not much, but in the slow-mo replay I thought it would have been a bit better 3-4 feet deeper....

So, does anyone know if that was actually just a random fan in the stands. If so, Baker definitely just got a bit cooler in my book. I'll have to watch the next couple weeks to see what he does with his next interception.

Cross is one of those guys that just comes across as being completely full of himself and oblivious to the fact that he's not as smart as he thinks he is.  The line about our least blitzing Bills was a classic.

502454[/snapback]

It seemed more to me that he just wasn't prepared to call a game other than "KC will kick the crap out of the Bills." He was constantly trying to justify KC NOT scoring as opposed to Buffalo scoring. I fear he actually wasn't aware, until someone told him, that JP was our starter in the beginning of the season. He just assumed it was some kid thrown in because our go-to QB was hurt. He kept saying "McGahee needs to do this and that," and by the time Evans caught his second incredible TD, you could almost hear him turn to someone and ask "Should I have read up on this team a little better?"

The one I like, was on Lindell's 2nd missed FG. It started out straight down the middle until it got to the goal line, then turned right at a 45 degree angle...clearly the wind took it big time.

Cross says, "That missed FG was poor execution, the conditions had nothing to do with that miss" :rolleyes:

The FG kickers combining to go 0-4 might suggest conditions were difficult at the game, dontchya think??

My favorite was when he declared at the begining of the game that the Bills D was one of the "least blitzing" Ds in the league.

501779[/snapback]

I heard that also and almost spit out my "pop"......I thought we would be the most blitzing team in the NFL......I wonder if thats true...

They must have big wings in Kansas City?  What a nimrod.

502459[/snapback]

From the context in which he said that I thought he had forgotten that he was in OP, not KC. But nimrod is too generous - the guy's a Grade-A putz. I can't stand when he calls a game, Bills or otherwise.

He also stated how Evan's has "had a rough start to his career." Luckily after that, he quickly corrected himself by stating he had 9 touchdowns last year, and that this year he has had problems finding the endzone.

502509[/snapback]

He also initially tried to say that the second ball to Evans was overthrown and the announcers did everything they could to get the Chiefs to challenge it while the medics were working on the security guard. Eventually he had to admit it was a great throw.

502509[/snapback]

I thought it was underthrown as well. Great catch though. The other one that drove nuts was JP pass to Reed on third down that went off Reeds hands. Must have been about a 6 yd throw, Reeds running towards the sideline with the DB inside him. Jp hits Reed in the hands on the outside, where only Reed can make the play. Course, Reed tips it, and cross goes off about how "young Mr Losman" got away with one there.

WHAT???????? Where the F&$k are you supposed to put the ball.

He also initially tried to say that the second ball to Evans was overthrown and the announcers did everything they could to get the Chiefs to challenge it while the medics were working on the security guard.  Eventually he had to admit it was a great throw.

502693[/snapback]

He kept going on about Evans getting his left foot down. Never mentioned that his right KNEE hit down inbounds, which makes the catch good.

"Superbowl Champion" Randy Cross is a jackass!

I was on the phone with my buddy the KC fan, and told him RC hates the Bills and would be trashing them all day. My friend kept calling and quoting RC. One was something like, "Kansas City is playing desperate because they are losing a game they should be winning." Pardon me, but were the Bills not favored in this game?

Also, he kept talking about KC's miscues costing them the game. Their guy missed 2 FG against the wind, over 40 yards. Our guy missed 2 shorties with the wind at his back. Also, what about Holcomb's fumble? That drive should've been worth at least 3. Add the 2 gimme field goals, and the Bills could've won 23-3.

The Bills won despite making many errors and not moving the ball very much. Their defense came up huge, especially in the 2nd half.

He is maybe the most Bias announcer out there, well after the the ESPN crew and rich Gannon. My favorite moment was when Clements and Chris Horn started to fight, he kept saying well clements was holding him down, and when they both got a flag he reacted with a "yeah right" but a few plays later when Dalton started hitting the back of Willis' helmet he said these two teams have been at it since the London Fletcher hit on Green. needless to say if I never see another broadcast with Cross I won't be too sad. It ranks up there with Rich Gannon almost cheering for the Bucs and Raiders. where is Steve tasker when you need him, not to announce, but to hit them.

Since John Madden got mentioned, my son and I were watching a game and the play was a "leap" over the line for a TD..... Well Madden said something to the audience that, to this day, we (my son and I) laugh at constantly. On the play, Johnboy said excitedly, "Wow, he must have jumped 12 feet in the air on that one!" The one thing that ALL the analysists have in common is the propensity to open their mouths without engaging their brains first! They simply LOVE to hear their own voices and overestimate their worth on any given broadcast. :rolleyes:

501779[/snapback]

that one took the cake.

why is it that the dumbest commentators have to speak the most? Cross never shuts up between plays.

The key for Kansas City to win was "whatever it takes to win." Brilliant insight.

501922[/snapback]

That's when I knew it was going to be a long Cross day. Thank God the crowd at the Star was loud and I didn't really have to listen.

"Whatever it takes"...he could just use that for both teams for the rest of the year. Why bother changing that?