Official "Keep Losman in there" thread

The kid looked pretty poised today, and his accuracy was a lot better. I can't wait to see what he does with a dominating Willis. Nice to see him connecting with Evans, too.

I think he needed this kind of win (off the bench, coming to the rescue). We needed it, too.

I am so much more excited now that I'll (hopefully) be seeing JP play against Carolina instead of Holcomb. No offense to the latter, but he doesn't get me excited about anything. Today showed me that the future of the Bills could be really exciting (the young guys did pretty well on D too, btw).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget another start, he has the rest of the season.

He showed enough today, to warrant the Bills finishing his development. There is NO reason to stunt his growth any longer, this kid has obvious starting talent. Kelly obviously doesn't.

True, but if and that is a HUGE if, the Bills can go out to San Diego and win, then Coach needs to be willing to put in whichever QB gives us the best chance every week, either Holcolmb or Losman.

501579[/snapback]

If JP wins in San Diego, the only way he loses his job again, is because of injury.

The only thing about Holcomb that REALLY bothers me is his pinata issue. Seems like every time he gets sacked he coughs it up. JP is clearly the superior athlete between the two, including his ability to hold on to the ball. Holcomb has better understanding of the game and how to consistently move the ball, but if they are going to keep running Willis and let JP take shots downfield and make plays, I'll be excited to see him play out the season.

The only thing about Holcomb that REALLY bothers me is his pinata issue. Seems like every time he gets sacked he coughs it up. JP is clearly the superior athlete between the two, including his ability to hold on to the ball. Holcomb has better understanding of the game and how to consistently move the ball, but if they are going to keep running Willis and let JP take shots downfield and  make plays, I'll be excited to see him play out the season.

501601[/snapback]

We've got our solution. Put Holcomb's brain in JP's body. I've got Dr. Frankenstein on my speed dial.... :blink:

Today showed that the struggles earlier weren't all JP, and that what issues he had, and has still (like a soft touch on short passes), aren't too much to overcome. Watching from the bench probably helped him realize that he needs to distribute the ball and not be afraid to go with short dink-and-dunk passes every so often to keep a D honest. This amount of time on the bench was probably opportune. If he's benched next week, it starts to be a detriment to him (see: Tim Couch).

There will be some mistakes as he gets experience. I accepted this going into the season and I still accept it now. Time to find out what we've got rather than settling for mediocrity disguised by garbage-time-like comp/att ratios from Holcomb.

No matter how much Peter bitches, no matter our record, no matter when he makes rookie mistakes- stick with the kid!  We will be much better served next year

501654[/snapback]

I think the ???s are probably in the case of a torn ACL, severe diahrrea, or the RJ classic "Questionable: Rear end." No matter what, barring injury, you mean.

(The above was said immediately prior to knocking on all kinds of wood. Oak, maple, ash, pine....)

We've got our solution. Put Holcomb's brain in JP's body. I've got Dr. Frankenstein on my speed dial....  :blink:

501645[/snapback]

No, please dont!!! We dont want JP checking down every pass, and not throwing the ball over 10 yards. We also dont want JP to throw it 0 yds on 4th and 7.

No, please dont!!! We dont want JP checking down every pass, and not throwing the ball over 10 yards. We also dont want JP to throw it 0 yds on 4th and 7.

501695[/snapback]

Agreed, and interestingly, I think that may have been JPs problem all along. The Bills were trying to turn him into something he's not: a dink-and-dunk passer. Today, he stopped over-thinking, started reacting and played football the way he seemed most comfortable, as a gunslinger, and was successful at it.