You're Mike Mularkey

Stussy109

WHo do you start vs. the Chiefs at home?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. WHo do you start vs. the Chiefs at home?

• J.P. Losman
    • Kelly Holcomb

I'm going with Losman. Yea yea, holcomb is efficient, and can "manage" an offense, but he's still good for some bonehead plays, and we need more of a risk taker under center. He's not the guy I want running my 2 minute offense in the 4th quarter down by 6 pts.

I'm going with Losman.  Yea yea, holcomb is efficient, and can "manage" an offense, but he's still good for some bonehead plays, and we need more of a risk taker under center.  He's not the guy I want running my 2 minute offense in the 4th quarter down by 6 pts.

491991[/snapback]

Bench them both, put in an extra tailback, and run the ball ALL FRIGGIN' GAME. As long as Clements believes he has a QB he can be clever with, this offense is doomed.

Bench them both, put in an extra tailback, and run the ball ALL FRIGGIN' GAME.  As long as Clements believes he has a QB he can be clever with, this offense is doomed.

491994[/snapback]

I agree with you on the playcalling...He was solid all game, and then did us in after we recovered the fumble in the 4th quarter by calling for 3 straight passes which caused a 3 and out. Where was Willis in the 2nd half? Where's Willis in the redzone?

I say substitute JP inside the 20's and run lots of gadget plays with Sam Adams as halfback and Roscoe in the single wing formation!

We can call it the Buffalo Wing!

Someone e-mail that to Dr. Z.

492026[/snapback]

Laugh if you will, but theya ctually employed the option once last night. In the NFL.

This is like retards being led by deaf/mutes. That's what's become of our beloved Bills.

Its simple... JP. The biggest problem here is one of statistics. KH has all the stats that say he should be the starter. But stats don't win games, winners win games. That intangible quality that allows players to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. Look no further than Brady last night. He sucked it up all night with bad passes and mediocre play. But put the game on the line in the 4th quarter and he finds a way to win. Thats what we need... someone that finds a way to way. I'm nto saying JP is that guy, certainly the first 4 games didn't show that; however, all I'm saying is that he needs more playing time to determine if he has that quality.

It the same problem with Josh Reed and why I'd be in favor of cutting him. He makes plenty of catches and looks good. Except for that one play that we absolutely need. Then he drops the ball. Overall his stats are great, but in my opinion you can't count n him when the game is on the line.

Thats been the Bills biggest problem for years. We keep going going with guys that have great stats, but don't have the character of a winner. It goes all the way back to Flutie/Johnson. RJ had all the talent and stats, so he had everyone behind him. Flutie looked like sh-- on a stick playing, but we won 10 games and made the playoffs. So who did we chose to go with.. the winner or the guy that looks good with stats. and the examples could gon on for days.

Bottom line. Get some players on the field that know how to win and we'll win. Keep mediocre players that always play it safe and we'll manage to always lose. JP seems like teh type to eventually be a winner, but we'll never know with him on the bench. Last night, KH showed me exactly why he's never been a full time starter. When the game is on the line who do you want back there?

I honestly don't think it matters anymore at this point. One legged Dillon ran for 72 yds and 2 TDs in 3 quarters. Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson are going to eat this D for lunch, and then come back for seconds. I will admit, JP running around like a chicken with his head cut off out there is more entertaining than Holcomb. Holcomb is still the safe start though.

If I'm MM, there is no way JP goes back in there yet. Look at the game Moulds had. As long as KH is getting him the ball, he won't go whining to the coaches, so Mularkey will keep KH in there.

However, if I'm me, I'd send JP out there.

I'm going with Losman.  Yea yea, holcomb is efficient, and can "manage" an offense, but he's still good for some bonehead plays, and we need more of a risk taker under center.  He's not the guy I want running my 2 minute offense in the 4th quarter down by 6 pts.

491991[/snapback]

I think MM will decide after the Pats/Indy game. If the Pats lose, they will be 4-4 and we will be one game out of first with the Pats coming to town in Dec. I think as long as MM still thinks we can take the division, he will play KH

491991[/snapback]

You're assuming we'd be w/in 6 in the 4th quarter with Lossssman playing?

If Holcomb starts, it almost seems like we would be sacrificing the future at the expense of the present.

The reality is:

1) We are heading towards the salary cap hell that was here when TD came.

2) We have "veterans" that are too expensive for their age, like when TD came.

3) We are playing the injured vets, at the expense of developing the new guys.

Basically, we are approaching the same point as to when TD first came. That isn't the 3 or 5 year plan I would think Ralph Wilson would buy into.

If I were Mularkey, I would stop listening/asking for advice from a biased GM. If I were Mularkey, I would realize it is MY reputation on the line and not TD's. I would play the players that deserve to start, not the injured, or the over paid players.

If Holcomb starts, it almost seems like we would be sacrificing the future at the expense of the present.

The reality is:

1) We are heading towards the salary cap hell that was here when TD came.

2) We have "veterans" that are too expensive for their age, like when TD came.

3) We are playing the injured vets, at the expense of developing the new guys.

Basically, we are approaching the same point as to when TD first came. That isn't the 3 or 5 year plan I would think Ralph Wilson would buy into.

If I were Mularkey, I would stop listening/asking for advice from a biased GM. If I were Mularkey, I would realize it is MY reputation on the line and not TD's. I would play the players that deserve to start, not the injured, or the over paid players.

493172[/snapback]

Your post is compelling, but there is reason to be a bit more optimistic.

The team that TD took over had almost no talent at any position. The players who were killing our team actually cost the team a ton of money to cut. Ostroski and Fina were close to being the very worst in the league at their respective positions, and as I recall, they cost the Bills close to 11 million in dead cap space. Remember too that the total cap was far lower.

Also, going into 06, MM will be a 3rd year head coach, as opposed to the rookie GW. Although TD has literally butchered recent drafts, we do have some young prospects/players such as McGee, MaGahee Evans and yes.....Peters, who I strongly hope that they extend. I think that they are also good at DE.

I agree that JP should start. I am far from sold on him mind you, but we might as well see now if he is any good.

The bright side to look at imo is that we really are not in the kind of cap shape that we were when TD took over. The jests fit into that mold. These Bills do not.

I also love having the extra 3rd from the lowly Titans. As many issues as I have with TD, I feel like applauding every time I think of this trade.

Bottom line? The Bills need a good draft, some free agents and a break. They might just have that break in Peters. <_<

You have to stick with Holcomb for now, he has clearly outplayed JP.

They will put JP in the same way they did with Holcomb, late in a game where the starter is clearly struggling and not able to get the job done. As long as he is keeping them in the game, they are going to leave the starter in. I don't think this will be an intellectual decision made in the boardroom over the break. It will be an on-the-field decision during a game.

Guest BackInDaDay
"You're Mike Mularkey"

No I'm not.

Also I have to note, that this same poll is asked on a lot of other Bills sites, they are all pro-JP, but this one is the most lopsided. Why are TBDers so for JP?

493212[/snapback]

Maybe they haven't heard that Tedy B. held a news conference where he stated that he favored JP as the Bill's starter, keeping milk white, and rounding the value of pi to two decimals.

Your post is compelling, but there is reason for to be a bit more optimistic.

The team that TD took over had almost no talent at any position. The players who were killing our team actually cost the team a ton of money to cut. Ostroski and Fina were close to being the very worst in the league at their respective positions, and as I recall, they cost the Bills close to 11 million in dead cap space. Remember too that the total cap was far lower.

Also, going into 06, MM will be a 3rd year head coach, as opposed to the rookie GW. Although TD has literally butchered recent drafts, we do have some young prospects/players such as McGee, MaGahee Evans and yes.....Peters, who I strongly hope that they extend. I think that they are also good at DE.

I agree that JP should start. I am far from sold on him mind you, but we might as well see now if he is any good.

The bright side to look at imo is that we really are not in the kind of cap shape that we were when TD took over. The jests fit into that mold. These Bills do not.

I also love having the extra 3rd from the lowly Titans. As many issues as I have with TD, I feel like applauding every time I think of this trade.

Bottom line? The Bills need a good draft, some free agents and a break. They might just have that break in Peters.  <_<

493211[/snapback]

Yes, you are probably correct. There is some reason to be more optimistic, BUT TD has gotten rid of every single player from the pre-TD regime except for Moulds. I find that interesting and suspecious.

For that reason, this is a TD built club. I say club because, they have not demonstrated the team work necessary to be consistent. AND now that is the latest buzz word out of Mularkey and TD, "Consistancy".

I guess with all the o-line coaches, all the o-coordinators, all the different "systems" brought in, the two HCs; how is THAT consistent???