Is the Ralph turning into the Meadowlands?

duey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of the highlights that I saw on Sunday:

12:20 pm. There was trouble before even getting to the parking lot. Idiot drivers going into Drive 5 started taking up every lane westbound on Southwestern (20). The people driving eastbound past drive 5 had nowhere to go. It was like every car going the wrong way down a one way street. The OP police hadn't arrived yet, so there was nobody to direct traffic. The eastbound people were obviously POd big time.

Pregame parking lot around the ketchup spraying area. Jet fans arrive to the chants of a-hole and empty beer cans & garbage flying at them.

In the stadium: Once again as Jet fans entered, they were greeted with a-hole chants. Also whenever there was a "disagreement" the Jet fan was always booted.

Even though this was bad, it was mild compared to what goes on when the Raiders come to town. I once went to a Bills-Raiders Monday night game 31 years ago. If the NFL ever tried to schedule that today, they'd have to have the SWAT teams ready.

That's not true.  I have been beaten up a few times @ opposing teams' venues, and I don't go there looking for trouble.  To this day, it still hurts to recall those memories.

479617[/snapback]

Then you reached the age of 10 and they started backing off. :(

I sat 7 rows up in the End Zone.....Its was crazy!!

People were tearing apart the seat backs and passing them forward and people were chearing!!

It really was bad...I was somewhat embarrassed.....

479047[/snapback]

Hey! I'm 7 rows up in the End Zone. Section 123. Where were you?

......and no......I wouldn't even touch the seat backs coming down......all 3 of them. :(

Well, good. That saves me spending all that time in front of the TV filing off serial numbers.

479802[/snapback]

That's what I love about Bills fans - the way we come together to help one another.

I can assure you there is no cursing, drinking, shenanigans, or other misbehavior in section 122. It might not be an official "family" section, but with our bible study at half time, and free lemonade for all, you might want to check it out.

479785[/snapback]

nice to see the bible study tradition is being carried on..does Joe still bless people with dips of Skoal straight

Tater, I sat in section 316 for the Dolphin game. We were almost 30 people strong, with 17 or 18 kids. My six yr old and four year old were with us. We sat right next to the stairway going up to the walkway, rows 36-38, right next to section 317..

Never one bad word or any worries with the fans. Occasional shouts of Bull sh*t, was about it. Bathrooms right there was great, like your own private head.

We tailgated at the back ECC lot. Lots of grass, open space, very few cars, and a very clean port o john for the ladies.. Little bit of a walk to the stadium, but well worth it for the kids to have a great tailgating experience.

Overall great day. We got a teensy bit of beer spilled on us waiting outside the gate, but certainly not on purpose or done because the guy was hammered, he just got hit. And I have to admit I had a beer in my hand as well lol

479477[/snapback]

That was not ME

Gotta love the Rev for that! :(

My two cents:

My wife (RevNJoisy) and I attended the last two games before heading back to wet NJ.

Both games were close and both games had opposing fans seated near us.

Both games had drunks all around - a few more in the Jet game by a samll margin

There WAS a lot more "banter" but IMO the Jet fans were insane - unless they wanted to fight. They were CONSTANTLY chiding the fans around them, shout JETSjetjetsjets after any positive jet play and calling for penalties on the Bills after every play. None of them near me were beat up but halfway through the second quarter I turned to my wife and told her to be ready for a brawl.

Even my wife and another female fan in front of her finally got exasperated and it was THEY who started the JETSsuckssuckssucks over and over. Rude? Yeah. Called for. Wellllllllll......... :blush:

I'd have to say, Yes!

In conclusion, the Jet game was drunker, ruder by Bills fans but the Jet fans insisted on coming into the Ralph and thought they could chant their "slogan" and insult eevryone around them in Bills colors.

Not in our House.

-RnJ

www.cnjbbb.org

479614[/snapback]

My daughter is six, and would love to go to a football game.  It's not going to happen.  Between what goes on in the parking lots (puking, pissing, cursing, taunting) and the BS she would see and hear inside the stadium, she is going to have to wait quite a while before she gets to see a game live.

479155[/snapback]

Duey, I was 21 before I ever went to a Browns game for that same exact reason. My father would not take me to Browns games because of the crap that went on at old Municipal. He'd take me to all the Tribe games I wanted, partly because not many would show up at Indians games in the 70's and 80's.

I guess that's why I'm a bigger baseball fan today.

I've been to three games (all preseason) at the new Browns stadium, and it's different, but there's still a bunch of drunks around yelling obscenities. I'm there to watch the game and be entertained, not offended.

Mike

Duey, I was 21 before I ever went to a Browns game for that same exact reason.  My father would not take me to Browns games because of the crap that went on at old Municipal.  He'd take me to all the Tribe games I wanted, partly because not many would show up at Indians games in the 70's and 80's. 

I guess that's why I'm a bigger baseball fan today.

I've been to three games (all preseason) at the new Browns stadium, and it's different, but there's still a bunch of drunks around yelling obscenities.  I'm there to watch the game and be entertained, not offended.

Mike

480203[/snapback]

Part of being a protective parent. They're going to learn all that stuff at some point...but the least I can do is keep her from learning while she's in single digits! :D

Hello, Bills fan form England here.

From what I'm reading this sounds like its going the way English Soccer did years ago. The 70's and 80's saw a major fight amongst rival fans at almost every match. This resulted in fences being put up around all the grounds so people couldnt invade the pitch to fight. The fences came down after 96 fans lost their lives in "the Hillsborough Disaster" when there was a massive crush and people couldnt get out. Following this all English soccer teams were banned from playing anywhere in Europe for a number of years after the Heysel Disaster in which 39 Italian fans died.

Nowadays opposition fans are strictly segregated and kept away from each other before, during and after games. No alcohol is served during a game, kick off times of potential trouble games are rearranged to start before the pubs open.

Lets hope this mindless hooliganism doesnt spread to the NFL. Its overtaken all soccer in most of Europe - keep your eyes on the World Cup next year -Germany 2006 where the top hooligans from England, Holland, Turkey, Germany and a few more will be there for a fight with opposing fans. There are currently over 3000 England "supporters" who have to give up their passports 5 days before England play so they cant travle abroad. The rest of the bad boys have been on thier best behaviour because they dont wan to be banned form the World Cup in 2006

Sorry to be long winded

top hooligans from England, Holland, Turkey, Germany and a few more will be there for a fight with opposing fans.

480534[/snapback]

Jets fans are the closest thing we have to European-style hooligans in this country... :D

My favorite soccer (err, football) quote came from an English coach after the Brits were beaten by Germany, I believe in 1998: "Well, they beat us at our national game today but we beat them at theirs twice this century."

Hey! I'm 7 rows up in the End Zone. Section 123. Where were you?

......and no......I wouldn't even touch the seat backs coming down......all 3 of them.  :ph34r:

479821[/snapback]

Hey...I was in section 123 row 7 seat 7.....we were neighbors and I didn't even know it.....We looked for hammers lot also but couldn't seem to locate it.....oh well...opportunity lost....

I just realized you were responding to my post! :doh::ph34r::ph34r: