Is the Ralph turning into the Meadowlands?

duey

It's too bad a few idiots will end up ruining it for everyone else. Pretty soon beer wont be sold at the games anymore. For those of us that like a couple with the game and can manage to behave ourselves, we will be screwed because of the morons.

479076[/snapback]

They'd have to ban tailgating to put a real dent in the number of a**holes who attend games @ RICH. Most of the drunks have had a 3-4 hour head start, so banning beer sales wouldn't bother them much.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets have a ton of games at 4pm due to the Giants always playing at 1...

479388[/snapback]

Yeah that is true but but with the Giants playing the afc west and the nfc west this season the nfl could have used a little more foresight. I thought I had read somewhere that Ralph had requested 1 pm starts. If you still have to throw in a 4 pm start make it against a non division opponent (i.e. Panthers, Falcons, etc.)

Maybe you're not old enough.  The first years I had my seasons ('90=>) we were in the non-tunnel endzone and there were fights EVERY game.  Easily 75%+ of the fans were drunk but fewer were obnoxious.  Security used to use dogs to keep people off the field.  There were few that were stupid enough to bring a pre-teen to a game. 

People also knew enough to keep their mouth's shut or suffer the consequenses because there weren't legions of cops around to bail them out of a deserved butt-kicking.  Conversely the surrounding crowd would let it be known that cheap shots on innocents would not be tolerated.  More important, the fans were LOUD EVERY time the defense was on the field and alot quieter when the O was in the countdown.

They were different times and will never return.  For better or worse, The PC NFL will keep pecking away at the game until it becomes sterile and "family friendly".

479260[/snapback]

Hey, that's where I used to sit before the '02 season (for about 19 years). I never bought season tickets, but I did sit in the Jumbotron endzone. I had very few problems there, but I do know what you mean about the drunks. One time, the a**hole group from Molson was there, and one of them threw a lit cigarette that hit Psycho Ward 86. It wasn't long after then that we moved to the other endzone.

Great information - this appears to be the attractive alternative I was looking for.

I can assure you you will like it. At the opener, my Dad, Godfather, my Godfather's son and his two young kids (ages 6 and 8) were there with me and we all had a great time. No BS from drunks either. The section really is worth the xtra money if you want to take kiddos or your wife isn't thrilled with sitting outside in 20 degree weather (she can go inside & warm up).

You can have a beer if you want and the 1/2 time food choices are good.

Seasons are expensive because of the PSL, but you can always find JK club seat on the net, the paper or simply from a scalper. I've never had a problem buying seats there.

In a year or two I'm going in for a split with a good friend who nows lives in Pittsburgh, we each get 4 games and we'll split 2 seats. We had no questions about where we'd go...JK club.

You do not get out of WNY often do you?  Do you honestly believe that all NFL stadiums / areas attract the same type of population that RWS does?  Having been to Qualcomm (SD), Lambeau field (GB), RCA dome (Indy), Soldier field (Chic), and ol Candlstick Park (SF) I can say with some degree of certainty that is not the case. 

479375[/snapback]

Have been to all the stadiums you have name dropped above except RCA dome plus Miami (every year but 2 since 94), NO, Dal, TB, JAX, OAK (where the backers had to keep quiet for fear of getting their a$$s kicked), KC, NE, Jets (pure idiots), many more than once. I wear the colors but do not taunt or cheer excessively yet I have had beer tossed on me, been spit on, and been provoked by dumbasses wanting to pick a fight. Most times, just like at RWS if you respect the stadium and the fans you are accepted and can banter with them in a friendly ADULT manner.

One last note, who will replace you as fans when you age out of the market?  My son?  Apparently not, because it would be stupid for me to get him engaged with the NFL because he is not welcome at games?  That is very interesting logic.

479375[/snapback]

Ticket pricing has far outdistanced inflation and season ticket percentages are up so I don't think the NFL needs you to bring your son to a game to survive.

had a bills fan row 8 section 135 yell and scream filth at JP all day . he never stoped . with about 6 mins left people started throwing things at him and telling him to shut up and sit down . then some one dumped a drink on him and he flong one back at the guy sitting in row 9 to my right.both got tossed . both bills fans .

My Patriots fan brother-in-law will be going with me to the home game on Dec. 11. He has already insisted that he'll be wearing his Tom Brady jersey - I've told him that if he does, he's on his own in a situation where someone starts sh-- with him.

I've seen the crazy stuff that can happen and I want nothing to do with it.

My Patriots fan brother-in-law will be going with me to the home game on Dec. 11.  He has already insisted that he'll be wearing his Tom Brady jersey - I've told him that if he does, he's on his own in a situation where someone starts sh-- with him.

I've seen the crazy stuff that can happen and I want nothing to do with it.

479457[/snapback]

Why would you even let a Pats fan marry into the family, or, why would you marry anyone related to a Pats fan??

notice the ages of 95% of the people getting tossed...probably 19-23...i know that I was a numskull back then...i have seats in section 316 and love them... 3rows from the ledge, and I would have no problem taking my son there when he is 5...just know that you are not taking him to the circus...

479353[/snapback]

Tater, I sat in section 316 for the Dolphin game. We were almost 30 people strong, with 17 or 18 kids. My six yr old and four year old were with us. We sat right next to the stairway going up to the walkway, rows 36-38, right next to section 317..

Never one bad word or any worries with the fans. Occasional shouts of Bull sh*t, was about it. Bathrooms right there was great, like your own private head.

We tailgated at the back ECC lot. Lots of grass, open space, very few cars, and a very clean port o john for the ladies.. Little bit of a walk to the stadium, but well worth it for the kids to have a great tailgating experience.

Overall great day. We got a teensy bit of beer spilled on us waiting outside the gate, but certainly not on purpose or done because the guy was hammered, he just got hit. And I have to admit I had a beer in my hand as well lol

Well.....@ least this isn't turning Bills fans against other Bills fans.

479427[/snapback]

I saw on two occassions a few bills fans trying to start crap with other bills fans. These two guys a few rows down were jawing with each other the whole game and both were wearing Bills jerseys. Also some guy in a TKO jersey was jawing with a group of Bills fans.

I have only been to RWS to see the Bills but if I went to another stadium I dont think I would wear any colors. Wearing your teams colors to an opposing stadium just puts a big bullseye on your back. Going into the game you need to know how to act and what not to say or do so you dont draw attention to yourself because there is always going to be that drunk guy who will just raz you till something more than jawing happens.

Have been to all the stadiums you have name dropped above except RCA dome plus Miami (every year but 2 since 94), NO, Dal, TB, JAX, OAK (where the backers had to keep quiet for fear of getting their a$$s kicked), KC, NE, Jets (pure idiots), many more than once.  I wear the colors but do not taunt or cheer excessively yet I have had beer tossed on me, been spit on, and been provoked by dumbasses wanting to pick a fight.  Most times, just like at RWS if you respect the stadium and the fans you are accepted and can banter with them in a friendly ADULT manner.

Ticket pricing has far outdistanced inflation and season ticket percentages are up so I don't think the NFL needs you to bring your son to a game to survive.

479421[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply, though a bit of advice, you should have a purpose or reasoning to a reply. You used many empty words and really had no point to what you typed, though I expected some of that. But thanks for paying attention.

I have only been to RWS to see the Bills but if I went to another stadium I dont think I would wear any colors. Wearing your teams colors to an opposing stadium just puts a big bullseye on your back. Going into the game you need to know how to act and what not to say or do so you dont draw attention to yourself because there is always going to be that drunk guy who will just raz you till something more than jawing happens.

I've been to many NFL stadiums and I have always worn my JK jersey, and Bills paraphanalia. Don't be a jerk and people generally leave you alone. If you conduct yourself with class, most people will not give you a problem.

My two cents:

My wife (RevNJoisy) and I attended the last two games before heading back to wet NJ.

Both games were close and both games had opposing fans seated near us.

Both games had drunks all around - a few more in the Jet game by a samll margin

There WAS a lot more "banter" but IMO the Jet fans were insane - unless they wanted to fight. They were CONSTANTLY chiding the fans around them, shout JETSjetjetsjets after any positive jet play and calling for penalties on the Bills after every play. None of them near me were beat up but halfway through the second quarter I turned to my wife and told her to be ready for a brawl.

Even my wife and another female fan in front of her finally got exasperated and it was THEY who started the JETSsuckssuckssucks over and over. Rude? Yeah. Called for. Wellllllllll......... :(

I'd have to say, Yes!

In conclusion, the Jet game was drunker, ruder by Bills fans but the Jet fans insisted on coming into the Ralph and thought they could chant their "slogan" and insult eevryone around them in Bills colors.

Not in our House.

-RnJ

www.cnjbbb.org

I've been to many NFL stadiums and I have always worn my JK jersey, and Bills paraphanalia.  Don't be a jerk and people generally leave you alone.  If you conduct yourself with class, most people will not give you a problem.

479608[/snapback]

That's not true. I have been beaten up a few times @ opposing teams' venues, and I don't go there looking for trouble. To this day, it still hurts to recall those memories.

That's not true. I have been beaten up a few times @ opposing teams' venues, and I don't go there looking for trouble.

I did say most people. Fortunately, I haven't been in any fights in a stadium or outside of it. Just some good-natured back & forth.

Knowing your personality (As much as you can from a message board), it would seem like you were just in the wrong place, wrong time, and encountered a jerk or two.

That's not true.  I have been beaten up a few times @ opposing teams' venues, and I don't go there looking for trouble.  To this day, it still hurts to recall those memories.

479617[/snapback]

Maybe you don't go looking for trouble, but your constant harrassing of the opponent's fans certainly invites it.

Not a smart move for a guy who's 5'4" and 150 lbs soaking wet.