prisco on losman

dave mcbride

Under the right circumstances Drew can flourish, but he can't win the 'big one'.

Sorry, that's the way it is.  Some guys got it - some guys don't. Drew don't.

Doesn't make him a bad guy, but it has made him a journeyman QB.

With Drew you could make the play-offs for a couple years and get knocked out early due primarily to his poor play in big games.

With a young hopefull you may not sniff the play-offs for a season or two, but if he lives up to his potential, he could win you the championship.

I've got to choose the second.  <_<

459887[/snapback]

Would you make the same comment regarding Kelly and Marino?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew would have had just as many, if not more problems, than J.P. does. Bledsoe would have never scrambled for 25 yards on third down and would have likely tossed more picks than J.P. has already. J.P. has shown more emotion and passion so far this season than i have ever seen Sleepy Drew have. Drew has peaked, J.P. has just begun.

RIP UP THE SAINTS JP AND SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP!!!!

<_<  :P  ;)

459930[/snapback]

If your point is that Drew is less mobile than JP, thanks for stating the obvious (although which one has a running TD?).

My point is that if the Bills would have upgraded the o-line (as they should have a long time ago), which QB would be better? Unless and until JP learns to throw the ball with one of his legs, DB is the much better QB at this stage of the game.

Again, as I said, DB was not the problem that others made him out to be. We should have put together a dominated o-line for whoever was or is going to be the Bills QB.

Guest BackInDaDay
Would you make the same comment regarding Kelly and Marino?

459972[/snapback]

Kelly, yes.

Marino, I don't think he ever played on a team as good as Kelly's Bills.

Kelly, yes.

Marino, I don't think he ever played on a team as good as Kelly's Bills.

459981[/snapback]

You are tough. I think Kelly was a great QB. I would love to have him back in his prime (although he probably would get ripped for being a statue on this board).

Why isn't Tom Clement getting any abuse on this site? Has he ever heard of a screen pass? In game one Willis tears off back to back 10+ yard carries and the next plays a double reverse, huh? DB has talent and is doing well in Dallas, but would not fair well in this offense. Who would? The offense is terribly predictable and easy to defense. NO's defense is not good, but when you know what's coming it's not hard. Look for the Aint's D to look like all stars unfortunately, but I still believe we can win this game.

Why isn't Tom Clement getting any abuse on this site?  Has he ever heard of a screen pass?  In game one Willis tears off back to back 10+ yard carries and the next plays a double reverse, huh?  DB has talent and is doing well in Dallas, but would not fair well in this offense.  Who would?  The offense is terribly predictable and easy to defense.  NO's defense is not good, but when you know what's coming it's not hard.  Look for the Aint's D to look like all stars unfortunately, but I still believe we can win this game.

459987[/snapback]

He is. I am tearing into him and MM. <_<

BTW that's not Tom, It's Gilbride in a Tom Clements full body suit.

well, the running game is more dominant than you're giving it credit for, running for about 50 yards above the league average last week.

as for losman, he is "losing" games. i say this because to win in the nfl a team has to score points, and the league, like it or not, is a passing league.  the bills went down this road in 1997 -- a great defense, a solid running game with a first round running back (a. smith) supplementing thurman thomas, and a qb who was inaccurate and simply couldn't make plays. they ended up 6-10, and the qb was gone the following season. before the season, it was said on numerous occasions that the bills were going to win a lot of 16-13 and 13-10 games. newsflash: if you're aiming to win games by that margin, you're pretty much trying not to lose instead of trying to win. and you know where that gets you: to an early slot in the draft the following year.

459895[/snapback]

It didn't help that the offense for that year was designed for a powerful offensive line with massive TEs on the sides leading the way for a punishing runner, who could also be counted on swinging out for a pass on any given play. Let's not forget that the coaches decided to use Quinn Early as the feature WR, dumping the malcontent Moulds deep on the bench.

Exactly which "Bledsoe junk" from the article do you "disagree" with:

A) Bledsoe has thrown for 850 yards,

B) six touchdowns

C) and a passer rating of 103.7

459822[/snapback]

It means Bledsoe can play well behind a Super-Star line that starts 4 probowlers

and will suck behind an average line that is still finding its way around.

It means Bledsoe can play well behind a Super-Star line that starts 4 probowlers

and will suck behind an average line that is still finding its way around.

460021[/snapback]

There is only two there and they have a rookie RT. <_<

Another big difference is having a legit TE vs. the rejects we have had.

If your point is that Drew is less mobile than JP, thanks for stating the obvious (although which one has a running TD?).

My point is that if the Bills would have upgraded the o-line (as they should have a long time ago), which QB would be better?  Unless and until JP learns to throw the ball with one of his legs, DB is the much better QB at this stage of the game.

Again, as I said, DB was not the problem that others made him out to be.  We should have put together a dominated o-line for whoever was or is going to be the Bills QB.

459977[/snapback]

Peter, I was as big a Drew apologist as you could find last year. I desperately wanted him to succeed. I had visions of Elway-like grandeur. But you know what?

He sucked. Just sucked. The big difference between Drew and JP is that while JP is asked not to lose a game, Drew SHOULD be asked to carry a game. And he never could. Ever. He'll decline in Dallas like he declined in Buffalo like he declined in New England.

I am constantly amazed that anyone would want him here this year. I'd rather suffer the slings and arrows of a rookie learning his way than sit through another "WTF is this 13-year vet DOING?"

It would be a mistake to bench JP for Holcomb. Holcomb has proven numerous times that he can't consistantly lead a team to victory over the long hall.

When we decided on JP as QB, the plan was "Just don't lose the game for us". Well, he hasn't. He isn't winning games for us yet, but he's not losing them either. The "almost" interceptions don't count.

Where is the dominant running game? Non existent. Where is the dominant special teams? Non existent. Where is the dominant defense that opened their yappers and talked about being #1 in history. Non existent. Oh wait, they exist as  LAST in the league in rushing defense.

JP isn't where I'd hoped he'd be, but I'm not surprised at his lack of success as a first year QB.

There is an argument to be made though that since the defense sucks and the special teams are average (except FG kicking so far) that we can't wait for a first year QB to develop this year. I say give JP more time.

RTB

459884[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying, but what was Holcomb supposed to do, lead the Browns to greatness. Off the top of your head, name a stud offenseive player on the Browns that was there when he was - it's tough to do. I agree with you though - need to give JP some more time.

I hear what you are saying, but what was Holcomb supposed to do, lead the Browns to greatness.  Off the top of your head, name a stud offenseive player on the Browns that was there when he was - it's tough to do.  I agree with you though - need to give JP some more time.

460035[/snapback]

I'd say WR's Kevin Johnson early on, Quincy Morgan, and Dennis Northcutt to lesser degrees.

Not much...

Drew would have had just as many, if not more problems, than J.P. does. Bledsoe would have never scrambled for 25 yards on third down and would have likely tossed more picks than J.P. has already. J.P. has shown more emotion and passion so far this season than i have ever seen Sleepy Drew have. Drew has peaked, J.P. has just begun.

RIP UP THE SAINTS JP AND SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP!!!!

<_<  :P  ;)

459930[/snapback]

So Drew wouldn't throw to an open receiver either? JP has no awareness of the field, Drew does even if it's not the greatest. We'd be at least 2-1 with Drew right now.

It didn't help that the offense for that year was designed for a powerful offensive line with massive TEs on the sides leading the way for a punishing runner, who could also be counted on swinging out for a pass on any given play.  Let's not forget that the coaches decided to use Quinn Early as the feature WR, dumping the malcontent Moulds deep on the bench.

460008[/snapback]

wasn't moulds like 15 pounds overweight that year. i recall him having a pretty bad attitude that year, after which he saw the light.

So Drew wouldn't throw to an open receiver either? JP has no awareness of the field, Drew does even if it's not the greatest. We'd be at least 2-1 with Drew right now.

460059[/snapback]

No, we wouldn't.

TB's defense would have eaten Drew's lunch, and there were a NUBMER of plays in that Atlanta game that would have ended up for losses with Drew back there. Sorry, Mr. "Clutch", but I'm not buying what you're selling.

Peter, I was as big a Drew apologist as you could find last year. I desperately wanted him to succeed. I had visions of Elway-like grandeur. But you know what?

He sucked. Just sucked. The big difference between Drew and JP is that while JP is asked not to lose a game, Drew SHOULD be asked to carry a game. And he never could. Ever. He'll decline in Dallas like he declined in Buffalo like he declined in New England.

I am constantly amazed that anyone would want him here this year. I'd rather suffer the slings and arrows of a rookie learning his way than sit through another "WTF is this 13-year vet DOING?"

460028[/snapback]

Uh, maybe you are right. But, this certainly makes all the people on this board who swore that JP "couldn't be any worse than Bledsoe" look pretty silly. JP has been awful...not Drew Bledsoe awful, more like Todd Collins awful. You can blame that paly calling and the offensive line all you want (that is what Drew haters accused Bledsoe apologists of doing ad nausium), but JP just has not made plays. He has had more time than Losman apologists care to admitt. He just, at this point, can't read defenses at a functional level, and is afraid to make mistakes. Who knows how Bledsoe would have done this year? Don't be so sure that Bledsoe will fade so badly in the second half....when he was let go, I don't imagine haters thought he had anything left in the tank. So far, he has proven them wrong...

As far as Drew doing well in Dallas- he was awesome in his first 8 games as a Bill. Perhaps he'll continue to play well. Maybe Dallas suits him better than the Bills. whatever the case if it was our scheme coaching whatever it wasn't happening for Drew here. As far as JP, if he's not ready when will he be? As PTR said how is having him "ride the pine" going to make him more ready? I understand the mental reps and him seeing things happen from the sideline but he's going to need on the field experience. I want to win and win now as bad as anyone but either he takes his lumps now and gets through it or we have some journeyman take us through the next couple of seasons until "JP is ready" then we watch him take his lumps. I'd rather have him go through his rookie ups and downs now and find out if he can get it done than wait a year or two to find out......

<_<

stuck...in...cincy

stuck..in..cincy

stuck.in.cincy

stuckincincy.

460096[/snapback]

no, THIS:

"B A Bay, B E Bee

B I Bickie Bye B O Bo

Bickie Bye Bo B U Boo

Bickie Bye Bo Boo

F A Fay, F E Fee