Anyone notice a difference between the games...

TheMadCap

Talk about night and day. The Fox broadcast was crystal clear and bright, while the CBS game was downright blurry and hard to see.

I don't have a HD reciever as of yet, but because it was broadcast (?) in HD, did that make the difference?

Does CBS not have that technology or something??

That was the 1st entire game that I've seen in HD & it was awesome.

Beyond that, I think you hit the nail on the head that Fox does a far better job than CBS. (Being basically a Bills fan only, I seldom watch NFC games.) More cameras, better graphics, quicker on the replays (& of course from multiple angles.)

I'm pretty sure that wasn't too high up on their menu of games either.

As for Maas I believe his name was, he said some pretty dumb & annoying things (bear in mind, he's not familiar w/ the Bills) but then again, he also provided more insight than you typically get w/ the CBS announcers we're stuck w/.

I wish they would get rid of the fantasy football stuff on the screen.  Do we really need up to the minute fantasy updates?  It's not like we can change our starting RB after the games start.

457324[/snapback]

It may have simply been that it was the first time I had watched the 05 Fox for anytime at length, but i too found the info on the screen a little busy and difficult to follow/ I think Fox displays the rolling game clocks of out of town games in the same general location as CBS displays the game clock or the down and distance for the game you are watching and I found myself sometines seeing the info for out of town and thinking it was or game and this was a bit distracting.

It got better when I employed the constant display of game information to its most useful purpose and simply muted the Fox game announcers who were pretty redundant most of the time as I could see the play, shortly get the officially anounced down and distance and the refs are better about hand signals.

I turned off the mute when the refs were announcing penalties and occasionally listened to the announcers when something complex happened (it is just football so is rarely complex except when the refs blow a call) or om hopes of gettimg am imjury update but these were rarely timely so I muted the idiots.

In general we followed the game pretty well without the announcers and with the help of the graphics once we sorted out the busyness and out conversation was actually a lot more entertaining to us that the announcer drivel.

I don't know if it's a Fox vs CBS thing, or because it's HDTV, but I have noticed a difference when watching highlights from other games, that ones broadcasted in HDTV seem to be more crisp.

457422[/snapback]

I've been saying that since CBS got the games back. It seems like when you watch a CBS broadcast you're on an acid trip. Everything's fuzzy and there seem to be trails that follow the players.

Not that I'd know what an acid trip is like or anything. :doh:

:w00t:

I have to agree about all the graphics at the top of the screen during Fox broadcasts. There is the current score and time on one banner, scores of games in progress in a separate window, a scrolling banner giving information about the current drive or some piece of trivia. Plus, the da#* sound effects.

Just show me the game!

the only problem with Fox is they were so focused on Vick's hammy they never had time to replay Spikes' injury. I had to back up the TIVO and see him on the top edge of the screen like I was in the upper deck to see any view of TS going down. They never played a replay. Spikes going down is the equivelant of Vick going down for the falcons. It's like there's no news on Brady so let's get 5000 replays of Vick's thigh.

Talk about night and day. The Fox broadcast was crystal clear and bright, while the CBS game was downright blurry and hard to see.

I don't have a HD reciever as of yet, but because it was broadcast (?) in HD, did that make the difference?

Does CBS not have that technology or something??

457164[/snapback]

I havent yet seen a Fox broadcast that wasnt HD but did pop over to it during game and much better than the fuzzy pics I have on CBS. I figured the fuzzy pic was just fact I have a HD receiver and HD TV and damn pic was just standard def. When I went to split screen and changed input to standard versus HD pic was a little clearer. One thing about CBS HD is that its 1080i I noticed MNF is only 720p, didnt check what Fox was last weekend

I havent yet seen a Fox broadcast that wasnt HD but did pop over to it during game and much better than the fuzzy pics I have on CBS.  I figured the fuzzy pic was just fact I have a HD receiver and HD TV and damn pic was just standard def.  When I went to split screen and changed input to standard versus HD pic was a little clearer.  One thing about CBS HD is that its 1080i I noticed MNF is only 720p, didnt check what Fox was last weekend

457526[/snapback]

Fox is 1080I as well. However, the Fox broadcast, HD to HD, is much better than the CBS broadcast week to week in terms of both picture quality as well as sound. I do not know why that is , but it is what it is

I havent yet seen a Fox broadcast that wasnt HD but did pop over to it during game and much better than the fuzzy pics I have on CBS.  I figured the fuzzy pic was just fact I have a HD receiver and HD TV and damn pic was just standard def.  When I went to split screen and changed input to standard versus HD pic was a little clearer.  One thing about CBS HD is that its 1080i I noticed MNF is only 720p, didnt check what Fox was last weekend

457526[/snapback]

what do you mean "only 720p"??? Are claiming 1080i is vastly superior? :devil: